++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-07-2005, 10:05 AM   #16
titan9
USER INFO »
Status: Bound and Tied
Posts: 2,135
Joined: Dec 2004
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) Move on.

You know, just because you prefer Alter Bridge, it doesn't mean that others can't miss Creed.
__________________
Visit the 12 Stones Fan Community, 12stonesfans.com!

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 11:44 AM   #17
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
Mulletman's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Rising Sun
Posts: 4,161
Joined: Sep 2002
Currently: Offline
Exactly. If you have nothing to say, dont bother. I dont like Alter Bridge and I've made that public, but just because I cant stand them doesnt mean that I am going into the AB threads and start running my mouth. Drop it or go away.
__________________
Intellectial Giant (Social Outcast)
Quote: (Originally Posted by JenRN) Maybe it's time for some Mullet magic! He can do his Hoffa thing again!
Quote: (Originally Posted by Harvey) Women must adore you.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 12:21 PM   #18
RMadd
USER INFO »
Status: Found The Real
Posts: 10,614
Joined: Aug 2003
Currently: Offline
yeah, I agree w/ Al & Titan. Don't start spreading shit in here. I'm an AB fan, but just b/c of that, it doesn't mean I can't miss Creed & I certainly have no intentions of starting shit just b/c of that.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 03:27 PM   #19
DekWannaBFlea
DekWannaBFlea's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Faceless Fan
Posts: 500
Joined: Sep 2004
Currently: Offline
Bands break up, its a fact, listen to the wonderful music they gave us, and move on. Who said i was trying to start something? Did I say to go listen to AB? I miss creed once in a while too, but pondering upon it to long makes things worse, generally. I miss RATM too, but i don't sit there and ponder, i move on.

Last edited by DekWannaBFlea : 02-07-2005 at 03:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 03:38 PM   #20
titan9
USER INFO »
Status: Bound and Tied
Posts: 2,135
Joined: Dec 2004
Currently: Offline
Yeah, bands break up. Nobody is denying that. All we've said is that there are some(both fans who like Alter Bridge and those who do not) that miss Creed. I love the music that Alter Bridge has given us, and I'm sure I'll love the music that Stapp gives us. But does that mean that I don't miss Creed? No. I miss them, because they were an awesome band. People have a right to miss Creed. You can call that "hanging on the past" or "pondering it" but people still have a right to say they miss Creed. Do I dwell on Creed's break up? No. It's happened. But I still miss the music, and it's sad to think we're never going to get new music from those four guys, united as a band, again. We'll still get awesome music from Alter Bridge, we'll still get awesome music from Stapp(hopefully) but there are those who, no matter what the outcome, will miss Creed. It's only natural to miss your favorite band if they've broken up.
__________________
Visit the 12 Stones Fan Community, 12stonesfans.com!

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 03:50 PM   #21
DekWannaBFlea
DekWannaBFlea's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Faceless Fan
Posts: 500
Joined: Sep 2004
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Yeah, bands break up. Nobody is denying that. All we've said is that there are some(both fans who like Alter Bridge and those who do not) that miss Creed. I love the music that Alter Bridge has given us, and I'm sure I'll love the music that Stapp gives us. But does that mean that I don't miss Creed? No. I miss them, because they were an awesome band. People have a right to miss Creed. You can call that "hanging on the past" or "pondering it" but people still have a right to say they miss Creed. Do I dwell on Creed's break up? No. It's happened. But I still miss the music, and it's sad to think we're never going to get new music from those four guys, united as a band, again. We'll still get awesome music from Alter Bridge, we'll still get awesome music from Stapp(hopefully) but there are those who, no matter what the outcome, will miss Creed. It's only natural to miss your favorite band if they've broken up.


Too each his own then, i was mistaken to say move on. But IMO generally the best way to deal with a break up is to not dwell on it. But to find other music that can fill that void. I did, and i am happy i did.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 04:40 PM   #22
titan9
USER INFO »
Status: Bound and Tied
Posts: 2,135
Joined: Dec 2004
Currently: Offline
Yes, I agree, you shouldn't dwell upon it too much. But that goes for alot of things, not just bands breaking up. Like you said, it's a good thing to find music to fill the void, however, you still can't completely fill that void. Or at least quite a few people can't.(me included) You're still going to miss that band, particularly if they were your favorite band. You can find other bands to listen to, but you'll still have a void that really can't be completely filled. That's good to hear that you've found something to fill that void, though.
__________________
Visit the 12 Stones Fan Community, 12stonesfans.com!

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 08:43 PM   #23
RMadd
USER INFO »
Status: Found The Real
Posts: 10,614
Joined: Aug 2003
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) Too each his own then, i was mistaken to say move on. But IMO generally the best way to deal with a break up is to not dwell on it. But to find other music that can fill that void. I did, and i am happy i did.
i agree w/ you. but you (and others) need not come into the Creed Talk threads if all you're gonna do is bash Creed and, namely, Stapp. You might not like it that people haven't moved on, but just accept the fact that they haven't and that, as you say, it is a case of 'to each his own.' I'm sure people feel attacked at times, most certainly when others who proclaim themselves to have moved on and tell them to do the same. It's quite condescending.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 10:37 PM   #24
AndrewFromABRox
USER INFO »
Status: Misconception
Posts: 80
Joined: Sep 2004
Currently: Offline
I was listening to MOP today and I like CReed a heck of a lot, but Alter Bridge rocks my world right now.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 04:45 PM   #25
Ana4Stapp
Ana4Stapp's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Said Eyes
Posts: 4,971
Joined: Jan 2005
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) 123

We now have a band with more talent than Creed and better music. Just let Creed rest in relative peace.


I really don't understand why you are here! Stop to bashing CREED and specially SCOTT STAPP. If you don't like Creed and prefer AB, okay, but there's a lot of people here that love Creed. No one here is bashing Alter Bridge, so stop to bashing Creed/Stapp. This is a comunity of CREED fans. Don't you know this? Creed 's 4EVER!!!
We are one,
We are strong,
the more you hold us down
the more we press on
...
__________________
So while I'm turning in my sheets
And once again, I cannot sleep
Walk out the door and up the street
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.




"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 09:19 PM   #26
RMadd
USER INFO »
Status: Found The Real
Posts: 10,614
Joined: Aug 2003
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp)

We are one,
We are strong,
the more you hold us down
the more we press on
...
el yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 11:15 AM   #27
uncertaindrumer
uncertaindrumer's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Wound Up
Posts: 1,255
Joined: Dec 2004
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) I really don't understand why you are here! Stop to bashing CREED and specially SCOTT STAPP. If you don't like Creed and prefer AB, okay, but there's a lot of people here that love Creed. No one here is bashing Alter Bridge, so stop to bashing Creed/Stapp. This is a comunity of CREED fans. Don't you know this? Creed 's 4EVER!!!
We are one,
We are strong,
the more you hold us down
the more we press on
...

Calm down. I liked Creed. I still like Creed. I was most certainly not bashing Creed. I think Creed put out a great album (MOP), and also put out some good songs on their other albums. I wasn't saying Creed sucked or anything like that, just that now we have Alter Bridge who is even better than Creed. That isn't bashing Creed. I know Creed was most people's (on this site, I mean) favorite band, I just don't see why we can't enjoy what came out of it and move on.

I mean, for all intensive purposes, Creed breaking up seems like a GREAT thing for Creed fans. I mean, now you get two for the price of one. Alter Bridge rocks, and if you liked Stapp, I guess you will probably like what he comes out with, hence you get twice as many songs. Plus, Creed was collapsing under their own weight and would have probably come out with a sub-par album anyway had they continued.

And I have not bashed Stapp. I would tell anyone who asks that I don't like him, but I have never gone onto any Creed or Stapp message board just to bash him. Saying you don't like someone is entirely different from bashing him. If I were to say "I don't like Green Day", that would be different than saying "Green Day are the suckzors, they make crappy music, everything sounds the same, they are such posers". In the same way, I have said I don't like Stapp but I have never bashed him on a board full of Stapp fans. In fact I have said I think he has a good voice and, some of the time, good lyrics.

You may not understand this, but while this is a Creed message board, it is also a MESSAGE BOARD. Someone says they miss Creed and I say why, we now have another great (better, IMO) band. Plus, Stapp fans even get him as well. There is not a problem with that. What I have said is in no way rude and is not out of line. If I have a differing opinion and I state it respectfully, for you to claim that I am being ridiculous is even worse.

I like Creed, so I come to a Creed board. Just because I don't WORSHIP them doesn't mean I can't come here. There were a lot of things about Creed that (*GASP*) were not perfect. In fact, there were quite a few things. There is no problem with mentioning those things. No band is perfect and to claim they are is ridiculous. Creed definitely was not perfect and just because this is a Creed board doesn't mean it is taboo to possibly acknowledge that.

I would have abslutely no problem if someone mentioned AB's flaws on an AB message board as logn as they weren't horribly rude. And if they even LIKED AB than I DEFINITELY wouldn't have any problem. If they want to say that Alter Bridge needs to stop being so predictable (verse/chorus/verse/chorus/interlude/solo/chorus), that is perfectly fine. If they want to say that some of the songs sound alike, fine by me. It's their opinion, and if they state it without being rude, then so be it. Heck, it might even (amazingly) stimulate an interesting conversation.

But all of this is MEANLINGLESS because I never even bashed CREED! I merely said let them rest in relative peace, as we now have a better band. There is nothing wrong with that. Bands come to an end. We got luckier than most and got a great band and possibly Stapp's "solo career" if he ever decides to get to work.

I really don't see what your problem is.
__________________
Titans baby, Titans.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 02:13 PM   #28
Ana4Stapp
Ana4Stapp's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Said Eyes
Posts: 4,971
Joined: Jan 2005
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp


Sorry guy,

It was not my intention to be rude with you, but I'm a little sick of people bashing Creed and much more, Stapp. In my opinion they were an awesome band.This is the point.
__________________
So while I'm turning in my sheets
And once again, I cannot sleep
Walk out the door and up the street
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.




"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 02-09-2005 at 02:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 02:44 PM   #29
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Status: A Melody
Posts: 407
Joined: Dec 2002
Currently: Offline
I've been listening to Creed alot here lately. AlterBridge has their place don't get me wrong, I think Myles is extremely talented and has an awesome voice, but they will never be as big as Creed. I like Alterbridge's music but it doesn't stick with me like Creed's music. Another thing I've been pondering as a former front man back in the day any song I wrote to me was like my child, not to be able to perform my music is like taking my kids away. If I were Mark and Flip and Brian I would miss my Creed songs, I couldn't just say I'm never going to play that again, After all that is why everyone knows who you are in the first place. For those of you who are going to bash me , go ahead.
__________________
I'm down on my knee's again with my face to the ground, as the tears roll down my cheeks can love, love be found
dealing with the devil time and time again, please God in Heaven forgive for my sins....
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 07:19 PM   #30
HigherGirl
HigherGirl's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: INK'ed
Posts: 919
Joined: Jan 2003
Currently: Offline
Ok, No more Creed bashing.....

Isn't CREED the reason we are all joined together here today????????????????????????
Reply With Quote
Post Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics of My Guitar and Creed Posters DangerousDan85 Chat-O-Rama 21 03-12-2007 11:17 PM
Life after Creed happier for Alter Bridge drummer The Lithium Alter Bridge Talk 48 03-31-2005 10:48 AM
You're a Creed freak if... The Lithium Creed Talk 50 10-24-2004 07:11 AM
Creed Press Release Shadow Creed Talk 93 06-07-2004 12:37 AM
Creed Rocks! infinitejest56 Creed Talk 26 05-26-2004 12:05 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 Steve Caponetto. All Rights Reserved.