++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 05-29-2004, 08:24 AM   #1
benkenobi
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Seether Disclaimer II Question

I never bought Seether's album Disclaimer and I really would like to check out all their songs after hearing them tour with 3 Doors Down. Is this Disclaimer II album gonna have all the songs plus extra from the original album?
Old 05-29-2004, 12:46 PM   #2
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
From Seether.com:

This is what's going to happen at the end of June. Wind-Up Records is going to re-launch Disclaimer, or Disclaimer II, if you prefer, with new artwork, and a better mix. We gave the album to Bob Marlette, to remix, and we feel he's done the songs justice. We were never happy with the original mixes, but we are happy with the new ones. I know this means that something that has been familiar to you for so long, is now going to be slightly different, but this is the result of a series of compromises. This version has been guaranteed a release in all the countries that have not yet released it, which obviously means that we get the music out to a greater audience. I hope you understand the reasoning behind this...

What this effectively means, is that anybody who has Disclaimer, has a collector's item, which will never again be available in the format you currently own. The choice therefore is for you to make whether or not you even want to hear the new mixes. I understand many of you don't like change, and neither do I, but I'm in a tricky position on this - so please, please, please don't write to me telling me what a sell-out I am, or how much I suck, because there are elements to all of this that I am not at liberty to talk about. For those that are already getting pissed, I implore you - don't listen to the new mixes. Even though they're not entirely different, they will be weird to anyone familiar with our album. Just please remember, that I love and respect all of you, for being fans, and I have tried my best to make sure you are taken care of!!!

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 05-29-2004, 02:08 PM   #3
benkenobi
USER INFO »
Thanks Steve! Hmm... I think I'll get Disclaimer II for sure just because of the amount of material that will be on it with 20 songs and a DVD. Maybe I'll visit Half.com or something later on a buy the original Disclaimer.