++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-04-2004, 11:14 PM   #1
JasonPBrown
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
cold hard truth

Lets face it Scott made Creed what it was. Alter bridge's first single is not really any good. There lead singer just does not mesh with Mark and the guys and its really disaponting to see the video and not see Stapp singing new Creed music with Mark and the guys. I know Scott was going through hard times in the past and he might have done some things that were not to diserable. But everyone deserves a chance to make things right. Mark said in an interview that thay sat down and could not come up with any new music but then shortly there after Scott comes out with relearn love which is awesome. It sounds like Scott is singing about forgiveness not only spiritually but also maybe to old friends and bandmates (aka Mark). Mark should realize that your whole life is not just about rock and roll and Scott's idea off scaling down the tours and concentrating on a really good album every other year would be ok. Also, it may reduce the constant pressures they all had from such crazy schedules which ultimately led to there demise. The cold hard truth is Mark and the guys need Scott more than he needs them and after going through these growing pains they should all really think about comprimising at all levels.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:45 PM   #2
Echelon Soldier
USER INFO »
say huh???

HAHAHAHAHAHAA OMG HAHAHAHAA

WAIT WAIT

WAIT

HAHAHAAAAA HAHHAAA

OK, I'M DONE.

I never really wanted
you to see the screwed
up side of me that i keep
locked inside of me so deep
It always seems to get to me
I never really wanted you to go
So many things you should have known
I guess for me, there's just no hope
I never meant to be so colddd..
I Never meant to be so colddd...
Old 08-04-2004, 11:52 PM   #3
revisfoot
USER INFO »
Dude...whatever you're smoking...I want some.

I know some of you are still having "Creed" withdrawals, and are stuck in this little fantasy that CREED and CREED alone could make awesome music. But, if you'll just open your eyes (no pun intended), then you'll realize that, sure, the music Mark & co. isn't at all CREED, but it's great in it's own aspects.
Old 08-05-2004, 12:00 AM   #4
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by JasonPBrown) Lets face it Scott made Creed what it was. Alter bridge's first single is not really any good. There lead singer just does not mesh with Mark and the guys and its really disaponting to see the video and not see Stapp singing new Creed music with Mark and the guys. I know Scott was going through hard times in the past and he might have done some things that were not to diserable. But everyone deserves a chance to make things right. Mark said in an interview that thay sat down and could not come up with any new music but then shortly there after Scott comes out with relearn love which is awesome. It sounds like Scott is singing about forgiveness not only spiritually but also maybe to old friends and bandmates (aka Mark). Mark should realize that your whole life is not just about rock and roll and Scott's idea off scaling down the tours and concentrating on a really good album every other year would be ok. Also, it may reduce the constant pressures they all had from such crazy schedules which ultimately led to there demise. The cold hard truth is Mark and the guys need Scott more than he needs them and after going through these growing pains they should all really think about comprimising at all levels.
I'm very pro Stapp, sometime maybe Creed may do some things together again, but if and when that every happens support them in what they do. I think Alterbridge are going to be big, Myles is one of the most talented singers I've ever heard. He is a cross between Stapp , Chris Cornell and Sabastian Bach formerly of Skid Row. Man I'm showing my age I bet half of you here don't even know who I'm talking about.
Old 08-05-2004, 12:01 AM   #5
revisfoot
USER INFO »
Hey, I'm only 18 and happen to be a BIG fan of ol' Sebastian!!
Old 08-05-2004, 01:30 AM   #6
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
man and flip wanted to tour extensively and scott didn't and do you think they disbanded without agonising over it?
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 08-05-2004, 03:49 AM   #7
heinzel
USER INFO »
ok let me just say this. I loved Creed, now i love Alter Bridge and wait...

I really hate 2 say this, but that new track from Scott Stapp SUCKS so Hard. It's almost a pop song like Bon jovi. Sorry Guys but Relearn love is a real shitty song.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:38 AM   #8
Shadow
USER INFO »
Welcome to the board Jason.

Don't mind them - they've all been drugged into thinking Myles can sing

Scott does not need them. He has proved that with Relearn Love.

I've learned this week after listening to AB's album on VH1 that Myles' voice hurts my ears.

And Heinzel - Bon Jovi has been around for 20 years. They must be doing something right.

Last edited by Shadow : 08-05-2004 at 07:40 AM.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:06 AM   #9
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
oh the old myles and scott debate, i'll just say that most neutral observers are glad about the change. can this stay somewhat civilized and this whole thread has being very negative from the start.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 08-05-2004, 10:59 AM   #10
Riffman544
USER INFO »
My "Cold Hard truth" of Alter Bridge is sort of biased because I am a hardcore guitar player. And I love to sing. Dont say myles and mark dont blend. That is the best guitar/singer dou I have heard since Led!!! Rock music needs a check on how repetitive its all getting and Alter Bridge is making that check. We are looking at a rck guitarist legend and singer in the making I think. Alter Bridge (even on there hard songs) make me wanna cry. I say cry because those rock riffs and drum fillings and bass punches are the best out up to date. Dont get me wrong I love Eddie Vedder, and more even Scott Stapp, and whoever they call with the "arrr... Baritone" vocals. But its time for a tenor singer who can soar his voice with Tremontis playing. And with that said Myles is doing a damn awesome job at it! Yes guitar playing needs to have its solos and fill ins.....but with a voice like myles....that needs to be soaring with the guitar at all times! In other words of mine.....ALTER BRIDGE KICKS ASS AND WILL RULE ALL ROCK MUSIC!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2004, 11:14 AM   #11
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Riffman544) My "Cold Hard truth" of Alter Bridge is sort of biased because I am a hardcore guitar player. And I love to sing. Dont say myles and mark dont blend. That is the best guitar/singer dou I have heard since Led!!! Rock music needs a check on how repetitive its all getting and Alter Bridge is making that check. We are looking at a rck guitarist legend and singer in the making I think. Alter Bridge (even on there hard songs) make me wanna cry. I say cry because those rock riffs and drum fillings and bass punches are the best out up to date. Dont get me wrong I love Eddie Vedder, and more even Scott Stapp, and whoever they call with the "arrr... Baritone" vocals. But its time for a tenor singer who can soar his voice with Tremontis playing. And with that said Myles is doing a damn awesome job at it! Yes guitar playing needs to have its solos and fill ins.....but with a voice like myles....that needs to be soaring with the guitar at all times! In other words of mine.....ALTER BRIDGE KICKS ASS AND WILL RULE ALL ROCK MUSIC!!!!!!

amen
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 08-05-2004, 12:00 PM   #12
shunammite
USER INFO »
A great idea Stapp had, hard to live by...don't put down one to raise another...we can hardly help comparing things and deciding which is "best"...

But I don't think Stapp would have gotten where he is without Tremonti...and vice versa...they both needed each other...and now maybe they are freer to express themselves apart. I hope it will be ok, good even, for both of them.

Those who were more into the guitar riffs and heaviness will prefer Tremonti, those who were more into the spiritual self-searching self-helping will stay with Stapp...I'm in the latter camp I guess.

But I respect Tremonti tremendously and plan to buy the cd.

And I want them to remain appreciative of each other...and maybe work together again, some day.
Old 08-05-2004, 12:13 PM   #13
creedsister
USER INFO »
Well Said
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 08-05-2004, 12:17 PM   #14
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by shunammite) A great idea Stapp had, hard to live by...don't put down one to raise another...we can hardly help comparing things and deciding which is "best"...

But I don't think Stapp would have gotten where he is without Tremonti...and vice versa...they both needed each other...and now maybe they are freer to express themselves apart. I hope it will be ok, good even, for both of them.

Those who were more into the guitar riffs and heaviness will prefer Tremonti, those who were more into the spiritual self-searching self-helping will stay with Stapp...I'm in the latter camp I guess.

But I respect Tremonti tremendously and plan to buy the cd.

And I want them to remain appreciative of each other...and maybe work together again, some day.

Very well said!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2004, 12:46 PM   #15
goddess_bb
USER INFO »
Like Shunammite said...we should just wish them both the best and quit debating who the hell is better...Stapp and Tremonti were magical for awhile but after the last album, I wondered..there was alot of talent there as always but also alot of repetition. So I will say again I think that it is great that they got where they are today together so they can express themselves individually now...
I can't say I miss Creed because when I so I just put MOP in the CD-player and get a fix..get over it guys...
Someone tries to hide himself
Down inside himself he prays
Someone swears his true love
Until the end of time
Another runs away
Separate or united
Empty or insane
And be yourself is all that you can do
All that you can do

Be Yourself~Audioslave

~Ignore me, I dare you~