++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 01-10-2004, 09:54 AM   #1
VoveoVoviVotum
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Religion in Creed's work

On Creed.com it clearly states that Creed is not a Christian band. And what I'm doing has probably been done before, many times in fact, but I don't feel like rooting through old posts, so I'll start my own.

I think a lot of Creed's music is Christianity related; in fact, I first got Weathered based on that "rumor," if you will, after a long time as an Atheist...

But to the point:

Torn- For the most part, this is not a religious song. Though the concept of a "soul" is an altogether Christian idea. What do you guys think?

Ode- I wouldn't think so. But again, comment.

My Own Prison- Easily. "I cry out to God." Does any other song mention the Archangel, Gabriel? I love this song, though.

Pity For a Dime- I don't think so, again... but does anyone interpret it differently?

In America- Nah, even though it mentions "soul." A lot of songs do.

Illusion- Doubtful.

Unforgiven- I'd lean towards no, even though "I kept up with the prophecies you spoke" makes me wonder.

Sister- Another no.

What's This Life For- Ding ding ding. Yes. "We all live under the reign of one King." That's such a giveaway.

One- Probably not. I thought maybe it meant "One God" at first, but it's about unity, as you all.. know. Lol, I don't mean to procrastinate... thinking out loud is all.

Are You Ready?- Nope, just another light at the end of the tunnel kind of songs.

What If?- The "rhyme in all my reason" and "trees of wisdom" lines are religion-related. Of course, they make the song interesting, too.

Beautiful- Besides the "coat of colors" remark... nah.

Say I- I'm not sure.

Wrong Way- Possibly based upon people swayed from God... but... again, that's a stretch.

Faceless Man- Obviously... well, to me. Lucifer is often referred to as the "faceless man."

Never Die- Possibly...? Another happy-themed one, I suppose.

With Arms Wide Open- Nope, just an ode to Fatherhood, as we know.

Higher- Yeah. "The place where blind men see." 'The' makes it specific: Heaven.

Wash Away Those Years- I wouldn't think so, again.

Inside Us All- A very Christian relation, as Jesus said, "The Kingdom of Heaven is in the heart of Man," . . . 'there's a peace inside us all.' Comments?

Bullets- Not sure. Though the beginning spoken parts make me question it.

Freedom Fighter- Eh...? It's possible. A freedom fighter often has a religious reason. Think of the Crusades.

Who's Got My Back?- I don't think so, but... the lyrics are still based upon a Christian sort of morality... (I live with 2 atheists, one of them who studies FW Nietzsche, who is famous for having said 'God is Dead')... so I hear about "Christian moralities" all the time.

Signs- Possible, again... even though he says 'This is not about God,' one often thinks of "signs" as something... religion-oriented.

One Last Breath- Yeah. "Somewhere in His grace." I love this one, too. I love just about all of their stuff, now that I think about it...

My Sacrifice- "No" to the lyrics, but... the title makes ya' think, doesn't it? Who's famous for a sacrifice...?

Stand Here With Me- I thought this was a love song at first, but the lyrics seem like they might be about Jesus... what does everyone think?

Weathered- Nah.

Hide- Maybe not, but... "To what do I owe this gift my friend? My life, my love, my soul, I've been dancing with the devil way too long..." "...What'cha gonna' go with your gift, dear child?" Who's the child? Makes me think of Jesus, again.

Don't Stop Dancing- I doubt it.

Lullaby- For his offspring, as it's been said.

What do you guys think of all this? And these are just my developing opinions, I'm new to Creed, so don't yell at me... please
Old 01-11-2004, 12:26 AM   #2
creedsister
USER INFO »
Oh boy Did You have to get me started this is a topic thats touch in go with me In order To understand Creeds Message A lot of it is taken from the bible HIDE was a song that was very much open to me mysacrafice Saved my life....Sister Got My little butt Back were it need it to be~~I tell you What if you have eyes too see see what the spirt says~~if you have Ears to hear Hear What the spirt says~~Again know matter were ya go you will find that the music Of this Band Has Brought peace like the coming of the spirt Which yes you can find In the BIBLE~~A,w,o My Cousin Whos Girl friend Was pregant At The time True Story~~they went and saw creed at the birminghame Ala Concert i think it was in jan..2002``they were going to have an Abortion``on the way to the concert they were Playing A,w,o, And my cousin who is a christan Said he dont know what happend that night But He Started Pouring In Tears And Someone Spoke to him that night Through that Song....Your Unborn,,Child Was Meant To Have Life```my cousin swares to this day if it had not been,,for creed hes Son Would have never been Born~~And just keeps Going,,,Ummmm I dunno~`what Else To Say~~Seek And you shall find~~
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 01-11-2004, 02:19 AM   #3
RMadd
USER INFO »
hey creedsister, i haven't read any of your posts lately, but congrats on dropping the annoying punctuation!

Old 01-11-2004, 07:19 AM   #4
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
LOL!
Creedsister!!! WOOOAHHH!!! What an amazing account!

As I have posted before, Scott said that Higher was not about heaven. He said it was mostly formed from his experiences with the hindu practice of lucid dreaming. I may comment on the others later.

Hey, U guys remember that chick that posted and said that most of the songs were Greek mythology based? That was a blast. Never heard anything like that one. I wonder what Creed would have thought.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 01-11-2004, 02:28 PM   #5
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) LOL!
Creedsister!!! WOOOAHHH!!! What an amazing account!

As I have posted before, Scott said that Higher was not about heaven. He said it was mostly formed from his experiences with the hindu practice of lucid dreaming. I may comment on the others later.

Hey, U guys remember that chick that posted and said that most of the songs were Greek mythology based? That was a blast. Never heard anything like that one. I wonder what Creed would have thought.
Somehow i get the same vibe of higher like the one i get of hide~i do remember her~`she worked my nerves}] what creed thought about it I dont know I would Say These Guys Get A lot of werid stuff From A lot of people this is why bodygurads Are need it] LOL peace be whicha Now
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 01-11-2004, 02:31 PM   #6
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) hey creedsister, i haven't read any of your posts lately, but congrats on dropping the annoying punctuation!
thank you bearfan you have made my day
Old 01-11-2004, 05:09 PM   #7
VoveoVoviVotum
USER INFO »
Hm, I never knew that. Interesting... what is lucid dreaming, exactly? If you know.
Old 01-11-2004, 08:07 PM   #8
hide
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by VoveoVoviVotum) Hm, I never knew that. Interesting... what is lucid dreaming, exactly? If you know.

i know there is an article at i believe it www.christianmusic.com about it. if you type in Creed you should get find that quite easily. I've posted it once before! I think he was reading up on it because he was having this recurring dream and used lucid dreaming which is a Hindu technique to stop it and it hasen't happened since to public knowledge. I thought it was a christian based song no doubt, you can see how the misconception has spread like a virus.

I think many of those songs are not about religion at all but are simply using biblical metaphors. One Last Breath I think is heavily related to the subject of suicide espesically amongst the youth. The charecter is leaning near the edge and contemlating going over it and searching for a reason to go on. You could also interpet it as Scott considering leaving the spotlight but I think my first interpretation is more accurate.
Old 01-11-2004, 08:23 PM   #9
creedsister
USER INFO »
To tell you the truth i dont have a clue what lucid means but how ever i know all about Dreams there is all kind The Mind and when its a sleep Can pull up things deep from our souls that we dont even know is there but the most popular kinda of dreams is the ones that we have over and over again its always telling you something pay att to those most of all for 2 years i kept Dreaming of water or a river or waterfalls and in my dreams i could never touch the water untill i God told me that those dreams I was seeking Peace And Could,nt find it At the sametime i was Haveing Dreams of My teeth falling out All The time it was Also Interpted Later As that Death Was All Around Me and a lot more to as well~~And then there is nightmares Come on Everybody Has Theme Once in a while~`but if you have the same nightmare over and Over Again~~chances our your souls is haunted by your past And things you have tryed to blockout And Sometimes things happens to us when we our young And cant Remember As we become adults and have this dreams our souls is telling us that something bad has happend to us~~Only by the blood of christ Can these things be revealed And by his Spirt we can be set free``And then there is visons that Are like a dream state but your rite awake``Make sure that when this happens its Good And Brings Peace But If its like A nightmare And brings Fear upon on your heart and mind Ask God to set you free from it B/c Shrinks Got A lot Names For These Things Only God Can Reveal Such Things And Heal you or Break You Free Or Show you the way To What Is Going On With your Dreams And Mind,,
Old 01-11-2004, 08:25 PM   #10
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Faceless Man is about God, imo... remember nobody has ever seen His face (God father)... You could also add DSD.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:41 AM   #11
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by VoveoVoviVotum) Hm, I never knew that. Interesting... what is lucid dreaming, exactly? If you know.

What hide said. I'm sure U can look it up if U are further curious.
Also it's about being able to manipulate your dreams. Scott was getting killed in his reacurring dream.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 01-12-2004, 06:01 PM   #12
VoveoVoviVotum
USER INFO »
I... never realized it was about suicide. I mean, it was obviously about death, via "six feet under." Doesn't make me like it any less... if they didn't have that "something left for you and me" part I might have realized it, that part's more... uplifting, isn't it?
Old 01-12-2004, 06:32 PM   #13
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by VoveoVoviVotum) I... never realized it was about suicide. I mean, it was obviously about death, via "six feet under." Doesn't make me like it any less... if they didn't have that "something left for you and me" part I might have realized it, that part's more... uplifting, isn't it?
I Love that part Suicide yes i think so but one last breathe is a song that reflects Around A struggle of faith to me~`when i was not saved that song kept me SANE for about a year it was like a drug that kept me going And that part Something left For you and me it was kept me it would always come back in my head its a song that says this to me Im Screwed up now but somehow i know God loves me still And we will find away Back to the new Again Nobody Has spirtual lyrics like Creed or the way stapp writes for that matter its like anybody that has ever Been a back slider can relate i think to O.L.B.``i mean most spirtual Christian Labeled music Dosent get it for a lot of people its like i know tell me something that i dont know when People Here some of creeds lyrics~~like i know what that feels like And i think that what makes it good ear candy~~and God i think just minsters to some after that as usual im rambling but its nothing new but you dont know that B/c your a newbie Feel free to tell me to shut up at Anytime~~~PEACE ps whats your name your user name Is Like very Hard To type inn
Old 01-12-2004, 11:47 PM   #14
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) that what makes it good ear candy~~
HEHE! YEEAHH!!

Just say VVV

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 01-13-2004, 12:50 AM   #15
creedsister
USER INFO »
Haha
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) HEHE! YEEAHH!!

Just say VVV