++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-14-2003, 03:14 AM   #1
hide
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
stand here with me!!

who do we think it is adressed to?

upon first listen a lot of the phrases seem to point to God but I highly doubt it, I'm almost certain it is a very close friend of Stapp. Does he have a mentor of sorts who he can learn from and confide in? who do you think Stapp is singing to?
Old 09-14-2003, 09:43 AM   #2
wrongway
USER INFO »
I agree - maybe the song is adressed to a close friend of his. But somehow it seems like he is talking about something/somebody from the past. Like "All those memories we share" - kinda makes me think of an old friend to whom I haven't spoken for a long time. And he uses the past tense, which might mean that the connection to the something/somebody has been dropped. "So now you live on in the words of a song" - maybe even a lost or dead friend?

I don't know... Just guessing!
Old 09-14-2003, 10:02 AM   #3
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I know several times last year, Scott said it was meant for the fans that stood by them.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 09-14-2003, 10:25 AM   #4
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Exactly, that is what he said at the show I went to in September. That is was written for the fans. Makes sense to me.
Old 09-14-2003, 11:22 AM   #5
ZION1010
USER INFO »
Re: stand here with me!!

Quote: Originally posted by hide
who do we think it is adressed to?  

upon first listen a lot of the phrases seem to point to God but I highly doubt it, I'm almost certain it is a very close friend of Stapp.  Does he have a mentor of sorts who he can learn from and confide in?  who do you think Stapp is singing to?
I Know Who He Is Singing To And What For...But Hay Im Not Going to Arguee About Ethier...ps It Was To His Best Friend
Old 09-14-2003, 11:47 AM   #6
luvin monti
USER INFO »
Quote: Scott said it was meant for the fans that stood by them.

The song can be meant for so many people, in so many different context's...which is why I absolutely love their music! No matter what mood I'm in or what is going on in my life, I can listen to them and it will help guide me through it all! I give them soooo many thanks for doing what they do, and for them bring their lyrics to us! It's unbelievable!
Old 09-14-2003, 01:32 PM   #7
Marty
USER INFO »
He says it different each time, at the Olmypics he said it was for a someone who helped you or changed something in your life or whatever.

Really its one of those songs that you can take and give it your own meaning.
________
Cheap herbal vaporizer

Last edited by Marty : 09-17-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Old 09-14-2003, 01:51 PM   #8
JenRN
USER INFO »
Teri is right, they have written that for the fans. You can apply it to whatever though

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 09-14-2003, 02:44 PM   #9
ZION1010
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Marty
He says it different each time, at the Olmypics he said it was for a someone who helped you or changed something in your life or whatever.

Really its one of those songs that you can take and give it your own meaning.
Yea It Really Is One Of Those kinda songs That,,,you Can Take It Either Way You Want It To be Heard......Everybodys Got There opion
Old 09-14-2003, 04:50 PM   #10
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Most of their songs can be interpreted in so many ways, that's what makes us all think.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 09-14-2003, 10:23 PM   #11
hide
USER INFO »
i listened to the interveiw the local pastors done a few years ago with Stapp and he mentions his Youth Pastor as a guy who he said was real and you could tell he had really gone through some stuff. I'm thinking perhaps as well as the fans this song is addressed to him because he showed him right and wrong that SHWM talks about.
Old 09-15-2003, 12:28 AM   #12
ZION1010
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by luvin monti
The song can be meant for so many people, in so many different context's...which is why I absolutely love their music!  No matter what mood I'm in or what is going on in my life, I can listen to them and it will help guide me through it all!  I give them soooo  many thanks for doing what they do, and for them bring their lyrics to us!  It's unbelievable!
Sooooooo....true
Old 09-15-2003, 01:04 AM   #13
hide
USER INFO »
its the sign of a great lyrist when their lyrics can be applied to so many different situations and interpreted so differently but they are still quite clear if that makes any sense.
Old 09-15-2003, 01:12 AM   #14
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by TeriB19
I know several times last year, Scott said it was meant for the fans that stood by them.
I agree Teri
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 09-15-2003, 11:12 AM   #15
ZION1010
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by hide
its the sign of a great lyrist when their lyrics can be applied to so many different situations and interpreted so differently but they are still quite clear if that makes any sense.
Yea It Makes All Sense