++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 07-21-2005, 03:39 PM   #1
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
All Star Game 2005

I don't know if anyone caught alter Bridge on Espn for the homerun derby, but as usual Tremonti Kicked ass... I do have one complaint, I like myles, he has a great personality, but man he cannot sing for s#$%. If that were Scott Stapp singing higher that stadium wouldve rocked, the fans didn't seem to take to Myles at all. Personally I think he's alright but can't tremonti find a guy who has some vocal talent. Everytime he would sing he sounded raspy and hoarse. Stapp is still the man even though his attitude sucks noone can top his writng and singing...
Old 07-21-2005, 04:14 PM   #2
titan9
USER INFO »
While I agree, Myles was not at his best for that performance, if you've heard One Day Remains, the album, I'm sure you wouldn't think that Myles can't sing for #%##. His vocal style is kinda completely opposite of Scott's(and I am a huge fan of Scott's ability as a singer and lyricist) and it is hard to get used to for those who were Creed fans and fans of Scott's vocal style. I even admit that when ODR first came out, I really disliked Myles. But as I got used to his singing, I became a big fan of his. Now I'd rank him as one of my favorite vocalists.

If Creed were still together, and if they performed at the Derby and played Higher, I'm sure Scott would have done a good job. But because of the sound in the stadium, I'm not sure his vocals would have sounded much better than Myles' vocals. I don't really blame Myles singing coming off bad on him, but rather on the fact that it was in a big stadium. I've heard Myles live before and trust me, he typically sounds a lot better than that.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 07-21-2005, 04:30 PM   #3
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
True, I think the album sounded great, he has agreat classic rock sound, I saw four creed concerts in outdoor staiums and I just believe when they played live noone could top them. He is just one of the singers that is on and off when it comes to his voice..Plus I heard he has a hearing problem which hurts his ability to hit high pitches sometimes...I just miss the old band
Old 07-21-2005, 06:18 PM   #4
titan9
USER INFO »
Yeah, I never saw a Creed concert in person. But I've heard from many that the concerts were awesome and that they put on a great show. I recently DLed some live songs from the Human Clay '99 tour(the San Antonio show) and Stapp sounded superb, as did the rest of the band. I've never heard that Myles has a hearing problem and you're right, that could hurt his ability to hit high pitches. But for the most part, in any live stuff I have listened to, he has hit the notes perfectly.

Old 07-21-2005, 06:22 PM   #5
titan9
USER INFO »
Oh, and by the way, welcome to the forums! I can't believe I didn't notice that you were a new member until now.

Old 07-23-2005, 12:31 PM   #6
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Yeah, Stapp sounded so great at those concerts where he was rolling on the ground intoxicated

Seriously, though, this is exactly why I think that all star show did nothing but hurt AB. Myles, the greatest rock singer alive, sings like crap, Tremonti, the best mainstream rock gutiarist alive, plays like crap during his solo, and Johhny Damon and Mike Piazza go up there looking like complete fools, making a mockery out of the whole performance.

Ridiculous.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:03 PM   #7
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Yeah, Stapp sounded so great at those concerts where he was rolling on the ground intoxicated

Lol, I KNEW someone would say that. Anyway, I've never heard any live bootlegs from the Weathered tour, so I can't comment on how he sounded during that period of time. But I will say that he sounded amazing during the HC '99 tour, or at least based on the bootlegs I've heard from that time. Hopefully he still has that same vocal ability for his solo tour.

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrummer) Seriously, though, this is exactly why I think that all star show did nothing but hurt AB. Myles, the greatest rock singer alive, sings like crap, Tremonti, the best mainstream rock gutiarist alive, plays like crap during his solo, and Johhny Damon and Mike Piazza go up there looking like complete fools, making a mockery out of the whole performance.

Ridiculous.

I still don't think Myles sounded that bad or that off. Like I've already said, I have heard much, much worse live performances. You know at Live 8? Audioslave performed there and I caught their performance of "Like a Stone". Cornell sounded pretty bad(he just didn't hit his notes well), far worse than Myles sounded at the derby. AND Cornell is regarded as the best vocalist in Rock today. I think that says something. Even on one of Myles' off performances, he still can sound better than a guy who is regarded as the best vocalist in Rock does on his worst performance.

As for Mark, I'll agree, that solo sounded a bit, for lack of a better word, funky. It just sounded different compared to the album version. I don't know why, though. But I still think Mark did a good job during the performance.

I don't think Alter Bridge was at all hurt by doing this performance. It gave them a good amount of exposure and I think that really helps them.

As for Myles being the greatest rock singer alive.......I'm not quite ready to say that, lol. He needs to make a few more albums, first. I will say that I would rank him among the best, right alongside Cornell and some others.

Old 07-23-2005, 05:13 PM   #8
Anna1011
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) As for Myles being the greatest rock singer alive.......I'm not quite ready to say that, lol. He needs to make a few more albums, first. I will say that I would rank him among the best, right alongside Cornell and some others.
have you heard any of the stuff he did with mayfield four??

*You’re a part of me*

*And it’s your song*

*that sets me free*

*I sing it while*

*I feel I can’t hold on*

*I sing tonight*

*cause it comforts me*

"You laugh at me because i'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same"

find me here
Old 07-23-2005, 05:38 PM   #9
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Well, actually I love Myles voice--and I agree he's the best rock singer (even though I love Cornell's voice too) but AB performance was surprisingly bad. Surreal performance!
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 07-23-2005, 05:42 PM   #10
Anna1011
USER INFO »
myles has the most amazing voice i dont think hes at his best with AB yet because listening to mayfield four it just blew me away he just has an awsome voice and some of the notes he hits well just sends shivers down my spine we can totally expect more from him

*You’re a part of me*

*And it’s your song*

*that sets me free*

*I sing it while*

*I feel I can’t hold on*

*I sing tonight*

*cause it comforts me*

"You laugh at me because i'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same"

find me here
Old 07-23-2005, 10:11 PM   #11
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anna1011) have you heard any of the stuff he did with mayfield four??

LOL, just what I was gonna ask, although Titan has heard MF4--he sent a lot of theri stuff to me

But yeah, Cornell kicks butt, and in his prime he was probably better than Myles is now. But I think his voice has gotten just slightly worse over the years (*slightly*) and Myles now has the edge.
Old 07-23-2005, 10:49 PM   #12
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anna1011) have you heard any of the stuff he did with mayfield four??

Yeah, like Uncertain said, I have heard the stuff Myles did in MF4, and that made me an even bigger fan of his. He did some phenomenal stuff with the Four and I was impressed by how good of an overall musician he really is. I love the MF4 and both of their albums. Still, though, I want to see a couple more AB albums before I am willing to name Myles as the best rock singer alive. He's up there and he's at the top of my favorites list, but not everyone in my favorites list is worthy of me calling them the best ever.

Agreed about Cornell, Uncertain. I just bought Out of Exile this week and I'm loving it. That's actually the first Cornell-related album I've ever bought. I'm gonna have to buy some Soundgarden stuff sooner or later.

Old 07-24-2005, 02:09 AM   #13
Anna1011
USER INFO »
thats cool titan but we are gonna have to wait till november of next year for another album.

*You’re a part of me*

*And it’s your song*

*that sets me free*

*I sing it while*

*I feel I can’t hold on*

*I sing tonight*

*cause it comforts me*

find me here
Old 07-24-2005, 02:47 PM   #14
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anna1011) thats cool titan but we are gonna have to wait till november of next year for another album.
November?! When did it become November? First it was spring, then late summer, and now November? This reaks of Stappish delays...

P.S. Titan, OOE rocks. Chris does his best work in at least a decade on that album. Also, Soundgarden's A-sides is a good best of album.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:16 PM   #15
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9)
Agreed about Cornell, Uncertain. I just bought Out of Exile this week and I'm loving it. That's actually the first Cornell-related album I've ever bought. I'm gonna have to buy some Soundgarden stuff sooner or later.

Oh guy...I bought Out of Exile in June--and since then I cant stop listen to it!!!! All the songs are amazing. Actually I 'm loving Cornell... lol

I love Myles...but Cornell... lol
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too