++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-09-2003, 11:51 PM   #76
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Musicsaves, don't give up on the board yet. Before Chicago, this was the only Creed BB that felt comfortable. This, too, shall pass, hopefully.
What do you mean when you say you are disappointed in the fan base in general?
Old 01-10-2003, 12:02 AM   #77
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: I would love to talk to anybody who is just a regular fan from here privately, but I need to find a place to relate to other fans, where there are only self-proclaimed fans. And if that doesn't exsist then I just need to stay away from these kinds of things in general.
You HAVE been talking to regular fans. Jesus, it's not like Mark, Flip and Scott post here. We are all fans. There is NO one here that is related to Mark, Flip, Scott or Brett for that matter (that I know of). Don't go walking away just yet. You've found a place to relate to other fans.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-10-2003, 12:14 AM   #78
musicsaves
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by TeriB19
You may question how I know, but I do. She knows.

But I don't relate to that.

however I probably should not stop post with EVERYBODY because of it.
...The boy could play he knew how to move, everything, so sweet and tru, always wanting more he'd leave you longing for, black velvet and that little boy's smile, black velvet and that slow southern style, a knew religion that will bring you to your knees, black velvet, if you please.
Old 01-10-2003, 12:17 AM   #79
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Good idea. We probably ALL aren't distant cousins of Scott Stapp. Just MOST. (just kidding)

Old 01-10-2003, 12:23 AM   #80
musicsaves
USER INFO »
thats not at all what i mean...
it's this i'm going to make everybody think I'm important with the band, business, i but i guess my attention is just what this attitude desires.
...The boy could play he knew how to move, everything, so sweet and tru, always wanting more he'd leave you longing for, black velvet and that little boy's smile, black velvet and that slow southern style, a knew religion that will bring you to your knees, black velvet, if you please.
Old 01-10-2003, 12:30 AM   #81
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Ok, here's an analogy for you all... take it as you will.

I'm a huge football fan. I love the Green Bay Packers. Lets say that I purchased two tickets for the Wildcard playoff game between the Packers and the Atlanta Falcons. Well we all saw the outcome of that game (at least you did if you are a football fan). Well I paid $150 per ticket for seats on the 20 yard line. The Packers played like shit and lost the game badly. They embarassed themselves out there... I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

You went to the Creed concert with an expectation to see a good concert, just like I went to the football game to see a good fame played - we both lost out, and that's that.

Folks, it doesn't work that way. Get on with your life. Complaining isn't going to get you anywhere. We have all thouroughly discussed this and I think the general consensus is that Stapp screwed up. End of story. Maybe next time they come to town you just won't buy a ticket. Great. Now can we move on to some other subjects. There's not much left to say on this topic.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 01-10-2003, 12:50 AM   #82
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by the King of Creedfeed: There's not much left to say on this topic.

1. Outstanding analogy
2. You are exactly right.

Old 01-10-2003, 01:01 AM   #83
Tia67
USER INFO »
Steve, I love your reply. I can relate. I am a HUGE football fan myself. Follow college more closely(buy season tickets to MSU) BUT try to keep up with the NFL. My little boy loves the Packers. He was all decked out in his Greenbay uniform to watch the game and his heart was broke. But, he got over it and wore his #4 jersey to school on Monday. I like Greenbay myself but I have to confess mainly because of Brett Favre-MS boy(my home state)
Old 01-10-2003, 01:28 AM   #84
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
I am a Ram's fan (i want a refund on the first 6 games) :P
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 01-10-2003, 01:44 AM   #85
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Great reply Steve, sorry about your Packers. I just hope my Tennessee Titans pull it out Saturday.
Old 01-10-2003, 07:14 PM   #86
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Maybe now that Steve said something, people will get it through their heads to LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2003, 07:41 PM   #87
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: She's not full of shit. Trust me, she knows. You may question how I know, but I do. She knows.

Personally, I am the type of person that questions everything. There are too many people that "claim" to know a lot.

For me, if someone says they know ... then it is usually not enough for me unless I know HOW they know.

In one post, there are comments that imply people here do have "connections" and then in other posts, it's said that no one here has connections.

IMO, it doesn't really matter either way. It just makes a difference as to what I truly believe and what I take for what it's worth with out putting full stock in it.
Old 01-10-2003, 08:59 PM   #88
shunammite
USER INFO »
some thoughts, ok a lot of them

I read all the accounts of the Chicago concert, I agree it sounded just horrific.

Sigh.

I think the announcement is ok, they sort of "stonewalled" but I think that is in the best interests of Creed, and that's the interest I care about.

I think he did the best he could, he was in no shape mentally to be performing, as one nice little article said, he's not handling the spotlight too well, he was obligated to finish out those last few shows and finally just collapsed under the pressure, trying to sing all that hopeful courageous positive never say die stuff when he was personally dying inside.

I think he maybe misjudged how much he could drink and still perform adequately. I know when you are really hurting a little alcohol never seems like enough, it is tempting to keep on drinking until the pain is subdued, but you have to be at blackout point really, when you are really in despair. Um, I know about this.

I don't want to see him grovel at the fans feet. I think he is punished enough just knowing that he really DID "tear down the walls and show the scars he's covering". And now we see why that might not always be a wise course of action, not everyone out there is in a mood to "just give love to all". Some are out to get even for the times they've been walked on.

I think it is just NOT TRUE that he didn't care about the performance, I really believe he thought the drinking would enable him to perform despite his own personal struggles.
As much as Creed means to many of us, this band means far more to Stapp. I am sure he would not deliberately sabotage a performance.

A lesson for all who saw him, large amounts of alcohol are really not a good way to cope with a bad situation, it might feel a little better in the short run, but in the long run it makes things MUCH WORSE.

I was so glad he was able to pull himself together enough to perform two days later. And everything Creed has done, in their work, remains untarnished for me. Just because they can't live up to all they aspire to, well that's no reason to stop looking up. It takes time to get "higher".

I love Stapp. And the rest of Creed. But he is the heart of Creed. I think he must have done bad by both Brian and Hillaree, but surely it seemed right to him at the time, but those are two very painful things that are never going to go away, they both resurfaced big time recently, he will have to live with all the painful consequences.

I don't fully understand the split with Brian, I got the idea from an old interview that they were both strong personalities, and had a good bit of conflict, Stapp doesn't do well with those who are against him, he's "pugnacious". Tremonti and Phillips are both relatively peaceful. And then the number one theme of Creed is NOT CRITICIZING/JUDGING/HATING and NOT LETTING OTHERS DO IT TO YOU EITHER. And that public statement by Brian, critical of another artist, it was just so against all Creed was standing for. But I can't understand how you can sever ties to a brother over that, I guess Stapp felt he had to, I don't know.

Hillaree, it sounds like she was making him choose, Creed or her. To give her what she wanted would be the end of Creed, to give her all the attention she felt she needed. It's just so tragic. I don't blame her, or him, or Brian, it's just tragic all round. But life goes on, and it's the "tragic experiences" that really "show us everything". And some really wonderful things arise when we really learn stuff.

People that never go through anything bad, they stay babies. But I don't think anyone avoids all "bad". It's just kind of funny, how Stapp thought he was "weathered" BEFORE this year. I wonder what he would call the next album, "beaten to a pulp" maybe. Or risen from the dead, I hope.

One thing I got from all the attacks on Stapp for "aping Jesus". And I don't think he deliberately did that, but maybe he did intend to bring Christ to mind, as an idea, in many of the songs.

Every man goes through "crucifixion". Some are more visible, but man is born to trouble as the sparks fly upward, it's in Job. Hang on for the ride anyway, it'll be all right.

"Christasanidea", the Idea is different from what many people commonly think of to me. That every person is directly connected to God via the One Mediator (I Tim 2 and elsewhere), no spiritual hierarchy among brothers. The common understanding is that Christ means you don't drinkdodrugshavesex. Well those can complicate your life, but I think there is something higher in view if you think about it.
Old 01-10-2003, 09:04 PM   #89
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Very well said, Shunammite! Nice to see you back.
Old 01-10-2003, 09:23 PM   #90
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Welcome back Shunamite! Excellent points, all!!!