++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-10-2005, 09:13 PM   #1
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
NoT as impressed 2nd time around

up until a week ago I had only given "One day Remains" one listen I listened to it last week and I did not find it to be a very impressive album (yes I do think tremonti has grown as a gutarist) but on a whole it just kinda let me down it just didn't rock hard enough for me. Where I am AB gets no air play and no one knows who they are... they have never come through here (Sanfrancisco Bay area) its kinda sad that they just don't seem to give a damn about nor Cal

it kinda upsets me

anythoughts?

Last edited by Lunar Shadow : 06-11-2005 at 12:42 AM.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:02 AM   #2
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »
I kind of agree, my opinion of it has definetly lowered over time, just dont seem to enjoy listening to it anymore. Few songs like The End Is Here, Broken Wings and Metalingus I can enjoy stand alone, but its hard to listen to whole album all way through. Heres hoping the next album is much better and will showcase more of each members talents!
Some days my skin just isn’t so thick
Old 06-12-2005, 06:53 AM   #3
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
I just listened to the album and I still think it rocks! It's 10times better then Creed would ever be...
Old 06-12-2005, 09:54 AM   #4
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) I just listened to the album and I still think it rocks! It's 10times better then Creed would ever be...

Not to start another arguement but . . .

I gave Creed another whirl today and the lasting appeal of all the albums is much better then AB imo. But you cant really compare the two, for me Creed introduced me to so much more different music, was the first band I ever went out and bought their albums! See how AB go on next record for me, they have the talent to put out a great CD so should be interesting. One Day Remains just doesnt hold much appeal to me anymore.
Some days my skin just isn’t so thick
Old 06-12-2005, 11:52 AM   #5
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) I just listened to the album and I still think it rocks! It's 10times better then Creed would ever be...

I agree with you, and even though I can't compare Creed to Alter Bridge (cause to me they are different.) everytime I listen to AB first album, one thing is obvious: ODR rocks!!!
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 06-12-2005, 01:11 PM   #6
ctfan
USER INFO »

I have to disagree. Alter Bridge will have to come out with something pretty spectacular in order to surpass Creed X10. I just don't think they can do it, not musically or lyrically.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:06 PM   #7
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) I have to disagree. Alter Bridge will have to come out with something pretty spectacular in order to surpass Creed X10. I just don't think they can do it, not musically or lyrically.

Musically they have already done it. There is simply not a question the song-writing has improved. Lyrics are extremely subjective, but if you like a bunchy of whiny grungy preaching, sure, Creed's your band. Although AB doesn't really have fantastic lyrics either.

Anyway, on-topic ODR has definitely lost some luster for me. I have now decided it is HALF great. It has 5 great songs, a decent song, and 5 below par songs.

If they would just let Myles write some more next time (as well as shoot anyone who tries to get away with a chord progression as stupid as ILM) they will have one heck of a sophomore effort.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:37 PM   #8
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
After Listening to the album alot... I've decided that it isn't accually the playing or the songs that are dissapointing me now... it's the TONE. The Guitar tone just isn't the same as what i'm used to hearing from tremonti... his tone on this album sound like Mud. I think Mark needs to go back to using just his Rectofiers and Twins... i think the Plexi and the Bogner are just Blowing his tone...
Hopefully the production will be alittle better on the next album... But you do have to keep in mind that they put out that album in a very short amount of time... i think they recorded it in maybe 3-5 Months!!

I'm prayin they'll take alittle more time on the production next time around...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 06-12-2005, 11:24 PM   #9
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti) But you do have to keep in mind that they put out that album in a very short amount of time... i think they recorded it in maybe 3-5 Months!!

The Beatles recorded their first albums in 14 hours. lol
Old 06-12-2005, 11:28 PM   #10
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) The Beatles recorded their first albums in 14 hours. lol
Yeah... But we're talkin about THE BEATLES... Their music is SOOOOOO simple it's not even funny

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 06-13-2005, 10:24 AM   #11
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti) Yeah... But we're talkin about THE BEATLES... Their music is SOOOOOO simple it's not even funny

Lol, it was a joke! Although actually they had some pretty complicated stuff in later albums... When they took a few years to record, lol
Old 06-13-2005, 06:35 PM   #12
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Lol, it was a joke! Although actually they had some pretty complicated stuff in later albums... When they took a few years to record, lol
Yeah but you said their 1st album... lol

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 06-14-2005, 12:28 PM   #13
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Yeah I know. I was clarifying by saying "...when they took a few years to record."

Wow. This forum needs somethign to talk about. PUT AN ALBUM OUT IN THE FALL DANGIT, AB!
Old 06-14-2005, 05:22 PM   #14
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Yeah I know. I was clarifying by saying "...when they took a few years to record."

Wow. This forum needs somethign to talk about. PUT AN ALBUM OUT IN THE FALL DANGIT, AB!
Oh hey Uncertaindrumer...
about this "*Most famous non-Moderator on Creedfeed*"

No... lol... You're not...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 06-14-2005, 10:33 PM   #15
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
That could be argued. Most people on here know who I am.