++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-15-2007, 11:19 AM   #1
creedmarine81
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
stapp in heavy metal band?

just wanted to know how you guys think scott would measure up if he went from mainstream to a heavier and darker side of music? whenever i watch the torn video from the greatest hits compilation he seems so raw and hungry to take the music to our hearts.. just a question????
Old 08-15-2007, 02:17 PM   #2
J.T.
USER INFO »
Re: stapp in heavy metal band?

Hmm...it would be interesting, lol. I think he's actually working on a new record now with the same band though.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:53 PM   #3
creedmarine81
USER INFO »

cant wait for that i hope he puts some kind of dvd of footage and videos out on his album songs or something. that would be nice. i also hope this album is more polished.... i liked his first album but i know stapp is much more able to put some deeper music in his releases i hope so. i liked about 60% of his solo album so i really hope this one is more impressive... is it me or does it seem like media and rolling stone among everything else out there seem to be big haters on stapp???? i wonder why.... they try to make him out to be a jerk or something but i dont fall into believing the media.....
Old 08-15-2007, 04:58 PM   #4
J.T.
USER INFO »

Yeah I'm not into bashing him either and I just pretty much ignore the media. I think his second album will be much better. I loved his first album but a lot of his songs were about him dealing with the breakup of Creed. I think he might be over that and this album will be really good.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:23 PM   #5
Scorpion King
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by J.T.) Yeah I'm not into bashing him either and I just pretty much ignore the media. I think his second album will be much better. I loved his first album but a lot of his songs were about him dealing with the breakup of Creed. I think he might be over that and this album will be really good.

The songs in Great Divide were about the Creed breakup? I thought that they were based off of The Passion. Oh well, I still liked it, but it just didn't have the same punch as the old Creed albums. Hopefully his next album is indeed heavier and better.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:52 PM   #6
J.T.
USER INFO »

That's what I've heard. He had one song that was based on the passion called Relearn Love. But a lot of the songs on the album were him dealing with Creeds breakup, I'm pretty sure.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:03 AM   #7
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »

the 2nd album will be the same old thing from Scott Stapp. Nothing new really. He's gotten into a groove and will stick with it, especially if Wind-Up is at the helm.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:49 AM   #8
J.T.
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by rabidgopher04) the 2nd album will be the same old thing from Scott Stapp. Nothing new really. He's gotten into a groove and will stick with it, especially if Wind-Up is at the helm.

Says the internet psychic...
Old 08-17-2007, 11:50 AM   #9
RMadd
USER INFO »

IMO, the Scott Stapp that's making music today isn't the same as the one who wrote lyrics for My Own Prison. That stuff was more raw & emotional. It seems like he's tried to capture that again in his latest stuff, but it's just not the same.

Old 08-17-2007, 04:13 PM   #10
J.T.
USER INFO »

Well I'll definitely be buying his new album whenever it does come out. I'm pretty sure it will be as good if not better than The Great Divide, because in my opinion the Great Divide was a great album. But we'll see.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:07 PM   #11
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by J.T.) Well I'll definitely be buying his new album whenever it does come out. I'm pretty sure it will be as good if not better than The Great Divide, because in my opinion the Great Divide was a great album. But we'll see.
it was a great album but there was a lot of pressure getting it done in time even though wind up at the time gave him time there was still a lot of pressure and if your going to make a good album perfection cant be rushed so if it takes a while it will be well worth it,
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You