++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-22-2004, 06:44 PM   #136
Gabriel
Mark's Brother
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) Hmm....

1) is the new lead singer a no-namer?

2) eh... is he black or white?

3) he's a he, right?

Man these questions are lame. Well, not the first one.

OK back to studying the EE. By the way, Micheal... I heard Mark's taking some engineering courses? Interesting. Degree oriented? I'm currently a masters student at the University of Minnesota Institute of Technology in the field of microelectronics and MEMS. I assume mark's interest is in power electronics? I've got some excellent textbooks to recommend if he's interested. Some of the top power guys (and microelectronics guys) are here in MN.

Thanks!

-N.F. Singh
[email protected]

1)the new singer is probably not very well known by the general public but he is very well known within the music industry and among music critics.

2)White

3) He's a he.

Mark took some courses basically to learn how to use PRO TOOLS in his home studio. I think he has mastered what he needs to but I will foreward the offer to him.

Michael
Old 03-22-2004, 06:53 PM   #137
Gabriel
Mark's Brother
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremontirocks!) Hey Michael! Thanx for replying, i really appreciate it Can you tell me what is Brett Hestla doing at the moment? Is he in any band? Do you know what his reaction is to Creed at the moment? Thanx

I haven't seen Brett in quite a while but I understand he is hard at work producing other bands. To my knowledge he is not in a band at this time but as I said I have not seen him in a few months so that may have changed. I'm not sure I understand exactly what your last question is referencing so untill you clarify I'll leave it alone.

Michael
Old 03-22-2004, 06:57 PM   #138
Shadow
USER INFO »
Michael,

I have to ask. Have Mark and Scott spoken at all since everything happened last November?

Robyn
Old 03-22-2004, 07:10 PM   #139
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
While we are asking questions... Michael, do you have any information on Scott Phillips' brother? I know he was drummer for Four Years Past but had some ear problems? From what I read, the band disbanded because of his ears (he had to stop playing the drums)? Is his brother doing ok?

It sucks that Four Years Past had to break up. They were an awsome band. I loved their Surface CD and their EP that they released just before breaking up.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 03-22-2004, 07:15 PM   #140
Gabriel
Mark's Brother
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by hide) hi everyone long time no see!

Great seeing Michael back here for a short time and bringing another big name with him how good is that! Michael i'm not sure if you'll be able to answer any of these questions but here goes nothing.

I know you can't confirm or deny who the singer is but will he be contributing to songwriting at all or is still all Mark?

Will we hear Mark's voice in this album?

Will this singer play rhythm allowing Mark to go "fully sick"?

Are there plans at this very early stage for subsequent albums? If so any chance Brian and Flip will also contribute to the songwriting at later stages?

Any chance of an Aussie tour? pppllleaasseee.......

Any possiblity of the "Downshifter" project ( members of Creed and Sevendust) going ahead someday?

Will the members of Creed need to hit the studio to record or re-record some b-sides or different mixes of greatest hits?

Any albums coming out this year that Mark is excited about excluding Wind-Up artists ie: Velvet Revolver?

sorry i know too many questions thanks again for keeping us updated and good to speak to you guys again!

Damn Hide! You're killing me! Haha. Ok here we go...

Yes he has contributed to the songwriting although this is about 90% Mark as far as music lyrics and melody go.

Yes you will hear Mark's voice quite a bit on this album.

Yes the singer will play rhythm guitar at live shows on a few of the songs allowing Mark to go "fully sick".

Yes there are plans for subsequent albums and yes Brian and Flip contribute to the songs in the later stages.

I am very sure the boys will end up in Australia at some point. They all love Australia.

Yes Mark plans to do his hardcore metal project at some point in the future.

My personal opinion is no but we'll see how it shakes out.

Sorry I cant answer this last question as Mark is rehearsing right now and I wouldn't want to hazzard a guess without asking him.

Michael
Old 03-22-2004, 07:18 PM   #141
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) While we are asking questions... Michael, do you have any information on Scott Phillips' brother? I know he was drummer for Four Years Past but had some ear problems? From what I read, the band disbanded because of his ears (he had to stop playing the drums)? Is his brother doing ok?

It sucks that Four Years Past had to break up. They were an awsome band. I loved their Surface CD and their EP that they released just before breaking up.
Yeah, that does suck. I liked them a lot, too, and was looking forward to hearing more from them. I hope Flip's brother is doing OK.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:09 PM   #142
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Michael, tell us something about you!

What are you doing now or what are your projects? Maybe writing a book?
Old 03-22-2004, 09:24 PM   #143
musicmind226
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to musicmind226 Send a message via Yahoo to musicmind226
Thank you so much for tthe 411 on the new band, almost seems like the end to creed and whole new begining.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:39 AM   #144
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
I knew I killed you with my last dossier (fabricated by English student then ripped by Tony Blair) of questions but here goes nothing.

Will the familiar name of John Kurzweg be producing this album?
Will this album be on Wind-Up Records?
Is it true that Mark will be entering the world pin-ball championships in 2005?
Will Mark enter in a business relationship with Chad Kroger selling their unwanted pinball machines?
What are yourself and Dan doing these days?
Any covers in this album and/or on the road? Let me suggest any old Metallica (no St.Anger tunes or suicide bombers will have to be used ), some classic Led Zeppelin such as Dazed and Confused or if the singer is who we think it is perhaps some Guns and Roses or Soundgarden.
I remember talk of Myles Kennedy doing a solo album, is this the case?
What does the future have in store for The Mayfield Four?
Will we know the name of the band soon, official word of the lead singer and so on or will this be revealed in due course?

thanks for that I know i'm a bit of a "ball-breaker"!
Old 03-23-2004, 08:49 AM   #145
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
BTW Hide equals Handmedown in most cases! sssshhh what my brother doesn't know won't hurt him!
Old 03-23-2004, 11:49 AM   #146
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Micheal

Micheal... I know we're killing you right now, and I think all of us feel a bit bad about it, but hey... Then again you are the closest we get to Creed and the new band.

You said to me that you were pretty sure that the band will tour in Europe, which is so amazing, because I'm Swede... But... Will the album be released world wide at the same day? I will go nuts if it's not! (That's my question... About the release).

//Lithie-Man!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 03-23-2004, 06:12 PM   #147
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by extreme_LITHIUM) Micheal... I know we're killing you right now, and I think all of us feel a bit bad about it, but hey... Then again you are the closest we get to Creed and the new band.

You said to me that you were pretty sure that the band will tour in Europe, which is so amazing, because I'm Swede... But... Will the album be released world wide at the same day? I will go nuts if it's not! (That's my question... About the release).

//Lithie-Man!

It probably depends on the album sales in the U.S.
Old 03-25-2004, 07:29 PM   #148
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Michael just passing on some info I thought Mark might be interested in. According to www.belowempty.com there is going to a tribute album for the now defunct Stone Temple Pilots. I know it might be a bit sensitive covering STP but perhaps its something the new band might be interested in. Perhaps not but no harm in passing along this info. And thanks for keeping us updated you da man! (good sucking up hey?)
Old 03-25-2004, 10:49 PM   #149
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I am really looking forward to hearing stuff from Marks band I can't wait, its gonna rock!
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 03-26-2004, 01:55 AM   #150
Echelon122
USER INFO »
holy crap LOL "let's ask Michael"

Reading reviews and talking to people, I'm more and more excited for this new band day by day!

Lemme chime in on questions....LOL

Name..when will they decide a name (that's not taken! LMAO)

Gigs...when will they start to tour/perform for the public.

umm..that's bout it...check your PM's dude

Steve...I didn't realize you MOVED the board way back.. I think I registered at our old board, but yeah, I missed the newsflash about you changing boards (yeah, I'm a slacker like that LOL) Ahhh..old Creednet smilies!!!

and the crests man...rock on!

I might be a newbie here, but I've been
around a long time.