++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-26-2004, 02:51 PM   #16
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
No, it's not, Lith. It's Scott P., a member of Alter Bridge, making the comments, so it was moved here.
Old 09-26-2004, 03:27 PM   #17
TremontiRx
USER INFO »
Dig, Susan...dig.

I did nothing of the sort. Of course, that won't stop you from trying to put your SPIN on whatever you think I do. I didn't even give any commentary. Give it a rest.

I introduced the article and posted the article. You just don't like what you read so you try to make it something personal with me.

Childish.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:47 PM   #18
Dani
USER INFO »
I'm getting really sick of all this bitching and in fighting. To be honest I don't give a stuff who or what caused the break up of Creed. In the end what difference does it make?

I've never been a person that has "Worshiped" an individual of a band; I "worship" the music. Which is why I continue to love Creed's, Alter Bridge's and Scott Stapp's Music the character of the individual's involved means nothing to me. Let’s just enjoy the music and move on.
What if the clocks would hesitate?
What if what is isn't true?
What are you going to do?
What if what isn't you?
Appels and Oranjes - Smashing Pumpkins

http://www.last.fm/user/lollies91/
Old 09-26-2004, 09:01 PM   #19
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TremontiRx) Dig, Susan...dig.

I did nothing of the sort. Of course, that won't stop you from trying to put your SPIN on whatever you think I do. I didn't even give any commentary. Give it a rest.

I introduced the article and posted the article. You just don't like what you read so you try to make it something personal with me.

Childish.

that's ok, TRX...i understand why you posted this reply...

GB TRX...
Old 09-26-2004, 10:28 PM   #20
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
spin....swin i thought this was a no-spin zone lol! my view of this is that the title of the thread seems to want to stir the pot a little. however "the stapp mammas" seem to be wearing rose-coloured glasses and refuse to consider that perhaps stapp is not the man they thought he was. again this is only my view of the situation so please don't jump down my throat.

the man is very talented and has such a big personality, stage presence and is a fantastic lyrcrist and frontman. however its hard to find people in the business to say a good word about the man which i think saids something. so in conclusion i'm sure both parties have committed wrongs and stapp was a MASSIVE reason why creed was so successful. saying that my opinion of him personally is certainly what it was 12 months ago which is too bad.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 09-26-2004, 11:25 PM   #21
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by farmgirl) What a bunch of crap. It figures this was posted by a pitter. They only time they post is when they have something negative to "share" about Scott. At least he has apologized for his part in the break-up. The remaining members could have a little class and do the same instead of putting it all on Stapp. The more I read about those guys, the less respect I have for them...and at this point, it's pretty much zero!

The guys said it was personal and musical differences.

Stapp made himself look like the victim, which he was not.

Mark and the guys were being professional about the causes of the break-up.

Stapp was saying that Mark and the guys were "tired of being in a christian rock band" so they decided to instead drink and have sex with groupies. Yeah and Stapp is sitting at home all innocent, right?
Old 09-27-2004, 01:46 AM   #22
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TremontiRx) I introduced the article and posted the article.

Your not stupid TremontiRx, you knew you posted that article in the wrong forum, because if you had originally put it where it belonged, the very people you wanted to target wouldn't have seen it.

It was posted at another bb, and got very few replies...so you brought it here, where you knew it would get the replies you were looking for. You got the very thing you wanted.

You are as childish and petty as the person who gave this interview...but then again, I'm not a fan....
Old 09-27-2004, 01:57 AM   #23
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Your not stupid TremontiRx, you knew you posted that article in the wrong forum, because if you had originally put it where it belonged, the very people you wanted to target wouldn't have seen it.

It was posted at another bb, and got very few replies...so you brought it here, where you knew it would get the replies you were looking for. You got the very thing you wanted.

You are as childish and petty as the person who gave this interview...but then again, I'm not a fan....

the interviewee is childish and pettish why? because the interview was negatively biased against scott?
larry the cable guy man that guy is a riot!
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 09-27-2004, 02:07 AM   #24
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) the interviewee is childish and pettish why? because the interview was negatively biased against scott?
larry the cable guy man that guy is a riot!

I'm not stupid either handmedown.... I've read enough articles and interviews to know that negativity about Stapp reigns supreme. It's the "in" thing...always has been...and it's never mattered to me what other's opinions of him are, it won't change mine.

What is childish and petty is the fact that throughout that entire interview, Phillips is saying...."I'm not saying....but". "I don't want to talk bad about Stapp....but". "I would use that term loosely" Blah, blah, blah.

I guess for the members of Alter Bridge, any convo is good convo...no matter if it makes them look like asses or not. And in my opinion, that's exactly what it did. If on the otherhand, in your opinion you find it "eye opening"....more power to ya.
Old 09-27-2004, 02:57 AM   #25
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) I'm not stupid either handmedown.... I've read enough articles and interviews to know that negativity about Stapp reigns supreme. It's the "in" thing...always has been...and it's never mattered to me what other's opinions of him are, it won't change mine.

What is childish and petty is the fact that throughout that entire interview, Phillips is saying...."I'm not saying....but". "I don't want to talk bad about Stapp....but". "I would use that term loosely" Blah, blah, blah.

I guess for the members of Alter Bridge, any convo is good convo...no matter if it makes them look like asses or not. And in my opinion, that's exactly what it did. If on the otherhand, in your opinion you find it "eye opening"....more power to ya.

I find Philips to give a refreshing interview and his PR skills don't really seem to be that strong. What I mean by that is that with flip what you see is what you get or at least that is the appearance from the outside. Information has being revealed by the AB guys that would have never being talked about previously. If three of his former bandmates have said negative things about him (whilst holding back) then that to me speaks volumes.

Stapp meanwhile is a very intelligent man and plays the PR game for sure. If telling the truth is looking like an arse then so be it. Brian is of the opinion that Stapp through his weight around in the band and did it so successfully that Marshall was given his marching orders over Stapp, although i'm sure there were issues such as substance abuse and a loose tongue that contributed to his depature. Flip didn't say he was a control freak but it was very difficult to acheive something within the band if Stapp disagreed.

Its too bad because I have spent a lot of time defending Stapp on other boards as a man but I can't continue to do it honestly. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy Creed and won't love his solo work because to me is a muscian first and a person second.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 09-27-2004, 04:35 AM   #26
Lucy
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) The guys said it was personal and musical differences.

Stapp made himself look like the victim, which he was not.

Mark and the guys were being professional about the causes of the break-up.

This makes me laugh hard..
Professional? Where? When? I think you all should consider the fact that there are two sides in EVERYTHING.. now u wanna take the AB one? It's ok.. But don't bash on people who don't just because they support another artist.. That is just not right..
Old 09-27-2004, 04:46 AM   #27
Said Eyes
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Lucy) I think you all should consider the fact that there are two sides in EVERYTHING..
Three sides actually. In this case, Stapp's side, Tremonti/Phillips' side, and what really happened.
This article really doesn't say anything new though. I'm just glad everyone's happy with where things are - means to an end kinda thing. The Alter Bridge boys seem really excited about starting out in a new band with a new CD, and Stapp seems to be really excited about his solo project. Why all the conflict?
Old 09-27-2004, 04:50 AM   #28
Lucy
USER INFO »
Amen..
Old 09-27-2004, 04:59 AM   #29
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
sure the truth is in the middle somewhere and your point of view differs on what side of the centre you place yourself. however i think i've had enough of this and would rather simply enjoy the music.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 09-27-2004, 05:46 AM   #30
heinzel
USER INFO »
Amen...

Oh, but i'm not a christian!!!!