++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 09-26-2003, 07:32 PM   #16
MrSeeker
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Yup,we soon shall see who was right all along...

Favorite bands,
As I Lay Dying
Demon Hunter
August Burns Red
Becoming The Archetype

Voices are hidden
Giving shame to my name
Am I no better forgiven
If I leave this world the same.
Old 09-27-2003, 12:14 PM   #17
mysacrifice411
USER INFO »
Sorry I was so late in replying to all of your attacks on me standing up for what I believe in, but...

You guys mentioned something like there must be different attributes to God or something because many cultures have different beliefs. Just because somebody believes it, it makes it true? If I go off and start a religion that worships the disembodied nose of Michael Jackson, then *POOF* there pops up a god like that? And Aimee, pardon me for professing my beliefs, I didn't know I was intentionally harming others by stating Christ is King and Lord of all. I'll be careful...the next step, according to you, is plane hijacking. (I ask you: What kind of a man does not stand up for what he believes in? That's all I was doing. If I hurt you in some way, it was purely unintentional.) And, lastly, you said why do we worship a man who says only worship God. a) Christ possessed a mortal body, but He was conceived of the Holy Ghost, making Him half man, half God, in a way, so He was NOT "just a man". B) Christ CONSTANTLY gave the glory to God, that was His whole work to glorify the Father's name. c) We look to Christ for our salvation, because he is the way (he died for us, etc.), and because, as it was the Father's direction that sent Him to suffer for us, the Father is, in a way, directing our thoughts to Him, although, in my sect, we worship God just as much as Christ. Christ was a (part) mortal example here for us, so it is much easier for us to relate to Him and follow His example.

Look, if you guys don't want to hear what others believe in, or if you're going to shoot them down after they say what they think, I think you're on the more dangerous path than me. "Believe what you will, that is your right. But I choose to win, so I choose to fight."
--Chevelle, "Don't Fake This"

"It feels so good to reunite,
Within yourself and within your mind.
Let's find peace there..."
--Creed, "My Sacrifice"
Old 09-27-2003, 02:28 PM   #18
Lechium
USER INFO »
Hey here's idea for you kids: there is NO right or wrong. Just whole bunch of relativity, and a lot of religious freaks who fail to understand that.
Just because you gre up with people telling you that there is absolute right and wrong, doesnt make it so. Lest take 'peacekeeping' troops in iraq:
US Soldier perspective -- he's there cuz he country called onto him, he may even thurly belive that what he's dong is good, thus in his mind he is right.
Iraqi resistance perspevive -- these people came form across teh globe, overthre their govornment, and killed whole bunch of their people. Is waging gurellia warfare on invadors wrong? Hell no.

So we have two groups of people killing each other, and both are right in their way. No right or wrong, just perspectives.
Old 09-27-2003, 02:57 PM   #19
MrSeeker
USER INFO »
No right or wrong,hmmm...thats why this world is headed to Hell because people thinking there is no right or wrong...

Favorite bands,
As I Lay Dying
Demon Hunter
August Burns Red
Becoming The Archetype

Voices are hidden
Giving shame to my name
Am I no better forgiven
If I leave this world the same.
Old 09-27-2003, 03:08 PM   #20
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by MrSeeker
No right or wrong,hmmm...thats why this world is headed to Hell because people thinking there is no right or wrong...

This world is doing just fine actually.
It's been 50+ years sincle last full scale war, the longest calm thsi world has seen in a very while. World hunger is still around but no as severe as it used to be. World is doing pretty well man.
Old 09-28-2003, 09:07 PM   #21
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by mysacrifice411
<b>Sorry I was so late in replying to all of your attacks on me standing up for what I believe in, but...

You guys mentioned something like there must be different attributes to God or something because many cultures have different beliefs. &nbsp;Just because somebody believes it, it makes it true? &nbsp;If I go off and start a religion that worships the disembodied nose of Michael Jackson, then *POOF* there pops up a god like that? &nbsp;And Aimee, pardon me for professing my beliefs, I didn't know I was intentionally harming others by stating Christ is King and Lord of all. &nbsp;I'll be careful...the next step, according to you, is plane hijacking. &nbsp;(I ask you: &nbsp;What kind of a man does not stand up for what he believes in? &nbsp;That's all I was doing. &nbsp;If I hurt you in some way, it was purely unintentional.) &nbsp;And, lastly, you said why do we worship a man who says only worship God. &nbsp;a) Christ possessed a mortal body, but He was conceived of the Holy Ghost, making Him half man, half God, in a way, so He was NOT "just a man". &nbsp;b) Christ CONSTANTLY gave the glory to God, that was His whole work to glorify the Father's name. &nbsp;c) We look to Christ for our salvation, because he is the way (he died for us, etc.), and because, as it was the Father's direction that sent Him to suffer for us, the Father is, in a way, directing our thoughts to Him, although, in my sect, we worship God just as much as Christ. &nbsp;Christ was a (part) mortal example here for us, so it is much easier for us to relate to Him and follow His example.

Look, if you guys don't want to hear what others believe in, or if you're going to shoot them down after they say what they think, I think you're on the more dangerous path than me. &nbsp;"Believe what you will, that is your right. &nbsp;But I choose to win, so I choose to fight." </b>

what the fuck?
noone attacked you
noone was offended by what you said.
im merly debating on different ideas and thoughts brought by both sides. If you dont like seeing things through different prespectives and if you dont liek new ideas or thoughts to things than i suggest you dont come to this forum.
PS i know that may sound nasty but i mean it in the most UN-Nasty and you know, friendlyest way possible. Im not here to fight or whatever.
If your replying to my paost after urs, i was merly suggesting theorys of religion and stuff. I never told you to belive it or follow it, just giving my own 2 cents

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 10-04-2003, 01:29 PM   #22
Aimee
USER INFO »
Quote: noone attacked you
noone was offended by what you said.
im merly debating on different ideas and thoughts brought by both sides...PS i know that may sound nasty but i mean it in the most UN-Nasty and you know, friendlyest way possible. Im not here to fight or whatever.
If your replying to my paost after urs, i was merly suggesting theorys of religion and stuff. I never told you to belive it or follow it, just giving my own
Yah what he said... Sorry if you took it wrong man, I thought we were debating, not fighting (thanks x)