++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-20-2004, 03:34 PM   #91
SleeplessAngel
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to SleeplessAngel Send a message via MSN to SleeplessAngel
Quote: (Originally Posted by happycampr) I'm just happy to hear we'll be having some new music soon ~ from three of my favorite artists.

I'm with you!
Old 03-20-2004, 08:28 PM   #92
creedlvr
USER INFO »
What is with you people? Do you only see what you want to see? You're missing the point here. I'm not going to get into any heated discussions about this.

All I will say is that Michael has, on more than one occasion, *implied* that Scott is the problem. A perfect example is that someone mentioned that they thought Mark hated Brian. Michael responded by saying:
Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) Neither Mark nor Flip has ever hated Brian. Nor has Brian ever hated Mark or Flip. Thats about as far as I'll go with that.

Michael
This type of answer just adds fuel to the fire. He wasn't asked about Flip ... nor was he asked how Brian felt about either of them. He was only asked if Mark ever hated Brian. A more *neutral* answer might have been simply, "No, Mark has never hated Brian" and been done with it. Instead, he took it to the next step and his answer very clearly implied that it was Scott that was the problem. If you can't read his quote and see that, then you just don't want to.

All Lisa was saying was that she has picked up on these insinuations and does not appreciate them. And ... the more cryptic the answer, the more the rumors spread. I will not even address the whole "Michael is so kind to give us his time" thing because it will be a waste of time. You obviously just won't get it.

Anyway, she wasn't attacking anyone. She was just giving her opinion. And yes, it was based on what she read in THIS thread.

For the record ...
Lisa -- I'm with you!
Old 03-20-2004, 08:42 PM   #93
creedlvr
USER INFO »
One more thing I'd like to add ...

When too much is said (or implied) publically, it not only makes a bad situation worse, but it also makes it a lot more difficult to rectify.

I think that if the situation is as it seems to be, it's very sad to think that a close friendship that once was, could be lost. My only hope is that they will keep things quiet enough to improve the changes of repairing it ... for the sake of their friendship more than anything else. I think, in the end, that's what we’d all like.
Old 03-20-2004, 08:45 PM   #94
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Yeah of course that's what we would all like, I want that more than anything at the moment. But don't you think if they were going to repair their broken friendship, they would have done it already? I mean they have already organised solo projects, music, etc. I think they have jumped too far ahead to go back now.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 03-20-2004, 09:11 PM   #95
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by addicted2stapp) Yeah of course that's what we would all like, I want that more than anything at the moment. But don't you think if they were going to repair their broken friendship, they would have done it already? I mean they have already organised solo projects, music, etc. I think they have jumped too far ahead to go back now.

I agree. Didn't Mark say to Scott that it was time for him to go his own way or something like that?
Old 03-20-2004, 11:18 PM   #96
creedlvr
USER INFO »
I didn't hear that. Anyway ... I don't think it's too late. It really hasn't been that long. And besides ... it's never too late.
Old 03-20-2004, 11:32 PM   #97
SleeplessAngel
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to SleeplessAngel Send a message via MSN to SleeplessAngel
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) I agree. Didn't Mark say to Scott that it was time for him to go his own way or something like that?

I've never heard or read an interview with him saying that.
Old 03-21-2004, 12:00 AM   #98
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
It wasn't an interview. I forgot where I got that from.
Old 03-21-2004, 02:12 AM   #99
missdjsp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) :I will not even address the whole "Michael is so kind to give us his time" thing because it will be a waste of time. You obviously just won't get it.

try me
Old 03-21-2004, 02:19 AM   #100
JesslovesCreed
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to JesslovesCreed Send a message via MSN to JesslovesCreed Send a message via Yahoo to JesslovesCreed
yes try us
Old 03-21-2004, 06:58 AM   #101
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
because they are doing solo projects doesn't mean much, the members of Kiss did solo albums as did Keith Richards and Mick Jagger amongst many other examples. We'll just have to wait and see although I think i'm going to love Mark's new band with a passion and zeal like no other.
Old 03-21-2004, 09:58 AM   #102
JenRN
USER INFO »
I am to the point now that I have to "let go" to the Creed dream. I listen to my Cd's and love them more than anything. That will never change. Sure I am disapointed but the fact remains there is NOTHING we can do about it. So I just choose to listen and anxiously await what they put out individually. I can't wait to hear Mark's new band, and Scott's solo career. If Creed gets back together someday that will be the best, but I just feel that is not going to happen. So I just go on and wish them all the best and hope that they can mend any "issues" they may have together. They formed an incredible band that rocked me to the core and I will be ever grateful. I know that they are ALL incredible muscians and I can't wait to hear all the new material! I am tired of worrying "who caused the problem" does it really matter anyways? Obvioulsy there are issues that is no mystery. I choose to go on and follow them in all thier endevors!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 03-21-2004, 10:59 AM   #103
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr)
My only hope is that they will keep things quiet enough to improve the changes of repairing it
How much quieter can it get? No one is saying ANYTHING other than they are working on solo projects. If they were any quieter they'd be dead.

In a nutshell, Michael is the only one who has been forthcoming with any info. If you are a devout Stapp fan, of course you are going to look at Michael's comments as biased. If you are a Mark fan, of course you are going to be grateful for anything Michael has to say. And Michael does not, nor should he HAVE to answer every single question posed by the members of this or any board. If you are a fan of both, you have to watch the two sides arguing back and for nothing.

I'm with Jen, I'm pretty much giving up on anything new from the band Creed for the time being. I'll listen to my boots and my b-sides and stuff and move on. But this constant bickering back and forth between the Stapp faction and the Mark faction is never going to lead anywhere.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 03-21-2004, 11:03 AM   #104
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
You said it Teri.
Old 03-21-2004, 11:39 AM   #105
Shadow
USER INFO »

....here I go again....I'm in Creed Withdrawal AGAIN . I just can't take any more of this. I hope that Mark or Scott gives us music soon.