++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 05-23-2004, 02:31 AM   #1
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
3 Doors Down promise new album

i'm honestly fairly indifferent about these guys but i know there are some fans so;

Brad Arnold likes to plan ahead. The 3 Doors Down frontman already knows that Feb. 8, 2005, is the release date for the group's next Republic/Universal album. Nevermind that there's a summer tour with Nickelback and the small matter of recording the album still to come.

"We're going to do a really big push with Wal-Mart and some other retailers, and that's when we promised it," Arnold tells Billboard. Of course, if the material isn't there, he adds, the release date will be pushed back. "If it's not what we believe in, it won't be there, but I really think we can do it. It's always better when you have a goal and you don't get in there and dillydally around."

Performance rights society BMI honored the band last week by naming "When I'm Gone" college song of the year. Arnold admits that he was surprised, given the song's mainstream appeal, that "When I'm Gone" found a college following.

"College radio is definitely a little more underground, so we were just thrilled," he says. "When we write, we just try really, really hard not to rule anybody out. We don't try to go for any little niche."

The upcoming album will be the follow-up to 2002's "Away From the Sun," which debuted at No. 8 on The Billboard 200 and has sold 3 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The 3 Doors Down/Nickelback tour kicks off June 29 in St. Paul, Minn.

-- Melinda Newman, L.A.

certainly a bold step.....
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 05-23-2004, 12:37 PM   #2
creedsister
USER INFO »
This will be on of the Next Albums I cant wait to get my little hands on Over the past year Away From The Sun Is been like The soundtrack Of My Life, HaHa They Sure Didnt Leave Me Out
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 05-24-2004, 08:58 AM   #3
JenRN
USER INFO »
I personally can't wait for this to come out! I love 3DD, they were great whe I saw them in January and I have PIT seats for the show this summer in VA Beach. They are such a nice group of guys....... can't wait

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 05-26-2004, 04:42 PM   #4
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
I saw them in late March here in Birmingham and they played a new song, a ballad, called Let Me Go. They wanted the audience to tell them if it was a keeper or not. So apparently they write alot while on the road.

Their opening band was Atomship. A bit too heavy for my taste, but I though they were excellent. I really wouldn't have been interested in a Nickleback tour....sorry....I'm pretty indifferent about them. 3 Doors Down is one of a handful of bands that I will buy whatever they put out...without having heard it.