++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 04-25-2010, 08:09 PM   #1
Faithwalker012
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
A Friend Recounted This To Me This Morning

Actually, this individual works for us, but I consider him a friend as well. Yesterday he caught me when he was leaving and asked me to remind him to tell me about an aunt of his.

So I walked up to him this morning and asked him what mean prank he played on his aunt.

As it turns out it was his great-aunt, I guess. She was about 86 years old and lived out her final days in a nursing home. She was wheelchair bound but she would get up and get in her wheel chair and go out and visit with other residents there. Unfortunately, she became so ill that she wasn't able to really go out and do that anymore. As she lay more or less on her death bed, she sprang to life one morning overjoyed about something. She said that the Lord had made it very clear to her that she was going home and it was a wonderful day. She got into her wheelchair and went around sharing that news with everyone. She said "If you don't know Jesus then you won't be able to go to where I'm going and see me." She continued to go around sharing this wonderful news with everyone. Then after that, she slipped into a deep sleep... not dead, and not really in a coma, but in a state where she wasn't really responding to anything or waking up. Finally our daughter comes in and leans down and asks how she's doing. She wakes up and says "Oh, I'm doing wonderful, I'm going home with Jesus". It wasn't too long after that she died.

How cool is that?

Jason