++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-16-2006, 09:31 PM   #1
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Alter Bridge Attacks

This is all over VH1 and MTV....Strange that its not posted here.

From MTV and VH1 . com
http://www.vh1.com/artists/news/1534...r_bridge.jhtml

Living Things Say They Were Attacked Onstage By Alter Bridge, Band's Crew

Singer says band — which features three ex-Creed members — threw flag at drummer, trampled guitarist.

by Gil Kaufman

Living Things singer Lillian Berlin is used to people taking issue with his Bush-bashing stage patter. Hell, three years ago at the Gypsy Tea Room in Dallas, he got pistol-whipped and nearly shot by three men outside the club because of his comments.

But the provocative band's singer thought he might be safe from attack onstage, especially in the bastion of neutrality that is Switzerland. 'Fraid not, Lillian.

The 26-year-old singer/guitarist said his brother, drummer Bosh Berlin, 21, and the band's touring guitarist, Corey Becker, were attacked and beat up onstage Wednesday night during a show at the Rohstofflager club in Zurich, Switzerland, by the crew of the band Alter Bridge and at least one member of that band. The Alter Bridge camp is refuting those claims.

"We were in the middle of our second song, and I had some stuff to say about the current administration and the way they're handling the Iraq war," Lillian said. "The Swiss were all behind us, and the crowd was cheering me on. I was talking about this letter I got inviting me to a Democrat-bashing dinner at the White House. And we went into our fourth song, and some goon from that Creed band [Alter Bridge features three former members of Creed] came out swinging an American flag and then threw it at our drummer, Bosh."

Lillian said he thought the interloper was an excited member of the audience so he ignored him, but then on the other side of the stage, Becker was being "trampled" by two Alter Bridge crew workers and a member of the band, whose name Lillian said he didn't know.

"I was still unaware at this point that these weren't crowd people, so I started screaming for security to get them offstage," Lillian said. "The only reason I knew it was a guy from that band was because I met him backstage, and he had some sports team's ski cap on."

Alter Bridge are the band that was formed by three former members of Creed — guitarist Mark Tremonti, drummer Scott Phillips and bassist Brian Marshall — and ex-Mayfield Four singer Myles Kennedy after Creed's dissolution in 2004.

A spokesperson for headliner Alter Bridge — who recently parted ways with their label, Wind-Up Records — denied the Things' version of the incident. In a statement issued Thursday night (June 15), the band stated, "Alter Bridge was not happy that this band chose to deliver anti-American statements to their audience.

"However, no Alter Bridge bandmembers were onstage, and their crew was in their designated working areas during this supposed incident. Alter Bridge thinks this is just a weak attempt by the opening band to drum up press for themselves. Alter Bridge will have no further comment on this as they are finishing up their extremely successful European tour and returning shortly to the U.S. to start work on their second album."

A source close to Alter Bridge even said it was the Living Things who started the fight backstage.

Lillian said the Living Things were forced to abandon the gig less than halfway through. As his band walked backstage, Lillian said, Alter Bridge and their crew yelled, "We love America," at the bandmembers, and a woman in their entourage said, "I love where I'm from, and you are shameful." According to Lillian, Bosh has a black eye and an injured left hand that made it difficult for him to play during the band's gig in Austria on Thursday, and Becker has black-and-blue marks on his neck from being choked, a black eye and a swollen nose.

Lillian has made a habit of speaking his mind during the band's shows, burning pictures of President Bush onstage using a pistol-shaped lighter and pretending to flog women in dominatrix gear while wearing a Bush mask (see "Living Things Make Political Point With Guitars, Blow-Up Dolls"). The group's 2005 Ahead of the Lions album is also full of incendiary songs like "Bombs Below" and "Bom Bom Bom," but Lillian said he never imagined another band would attack him onstage for "exercising our freedom of speech."

The two groups shared a bill again on Thursday at the Nova Rock Festival in Nickelsdorf, Austria, but Lillian said he did not see any members of Alter Bridge all day.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:21 PM   #2
BobbyMcGee
USER INFO »
Re: Alter Bridge Attacks

Quote: but Lillian said he never imagined another band would attack him onstage for "exercising our freedom of speech."

Not taking sides here, but it is interesting how these bands seem to grow balls when they are in foreign countries: example DIXIE CHICKS....oh wait they are chicks right?

But..............if this was Stapp that was involved it would be over all over the press!
________
Hormone Problems Advice
________
Wendie 99

Last edited by BobbyMcGee : 05-02-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:54 PM   #3
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

I only support violence in cases of self defence or to protect others.

Yet I'm so tired of the political views of entertainers . The opinion of an actor or singer is of no value to me. Most of them are pretty screwed up anyway.

Okay I guess I'm going with tenuous approval of Alter Bridge, if it did happen.

-Homer Simpson

Last edited by eusebioCBR : 06-17-2006 at 02:33 AM.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:12 AM   #4
Creed7352
USER INFO »

it was ab crew, not band members that fought.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:12 AM   #5
bilal
USER INFO »

sily....
Old 06-17-2006, 05:00 AM   #6
geletmote
USER INFO »

there not angelsthere rokstars just let em do watever they want gee
Old 06-17-2006, 12:25 PM   #7
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »

A member of the band claims that one of those that attacked was a member of the band, because he had met him earlier. If I am to believe everything the media writes about Stapp...same goes for Alter Bridge. Maybe they should keep a little tighter rein on the crew. I wonder if alcohol was involved in any way?

Don't care if they are rockstars (and I use that term loosely) that doesn't give them the right to beat the shit out of somebody whose views they don't share. If you can beat someone who makes a statement you don't agree with, then what makes us any different than people who burn down buildings and kill people all over a cartoon published in a Danish newspaper? Its referred to as "law and order"....living in a civilized world. They have a right to be disgusted and pissed, but not to beat up anybody.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:32 PM   #8
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) I only support violence in cases of self defence or to protect others.

Yet I'm so tired of the political views of entertainers . The opinion of an actor or singer is of no value to me. Most of them are pretty screwed up anyway.

Okay I guess I'm going with tenuous approval of Alter Bridge, if it did happen.

What's your view on Pearl Jam then? I hear their entire new album is basically a slam on Bush, and the current state of political and world affairs.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:00 PM   #9
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) What's your view on Pearl Jam then? I hear their entire new album is basically a slam on Bush, and the current state of political and world affairs.

I don't like it, the music mostly.

I like SYSTEM OF A DOWN, but I still think they're full of excrement

I hope the day never comes that I would be taking a rock stars opinion as gospel.

-Homer Simpson

Old 06-17-2006, 02:48 PM   #10
Agent D
USER INFO »

I was just about to post this when I found it at VH1.com.

I think it's a load of bull. The frontman of this Swedish band didn't even know AB's name and couldn't/wouldn't identify which band member of Alter Bridge was involved. Sounds like they're just trying to get some publicity by being both political and trashing AB in the news.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:12 PM   #11
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by geletmote) there not angelsthere rokstars just let em do watever they want gee
Are you Suggesting that "rockstars" are above the laws of society?

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 06-17-2006, 08:40 PM   #12
Creed7352
USER INFO »

well, i think it should be known that the singer wasn't up to his usual antics on stage...several fans at the show and other people tied to ab have the same story about how the singer was saying that the u.s. sucks and that american's suck and he hates america and americans can suck him off. quite different than bashing bush or saying how you're against the war, no?

ETA: being an american myself, if someone tells me i suck and he hates me and i can suck him off, i'm gonna be pissed too and quite frankly, i'd punch the fucker in the face too.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:06 PM   #13
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) well, i think it should be known that the singer wasn't up to his usual antics on stage...several fans at the show and other people tied to ab have the same story about how the singer was saying that the u.s. sucks and that american's suck and he hates america and americans can suck him off. quite different than bashing bush or saying how you're against the war, no?

ETA: being an american myself, if someone tells me i suck and he hates me and i can suck him off, i'm gonna be pissed too and quite frankly, i'd punch the fucker in the face too.

USA, USA, USA, USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Homer Simpson

Old 06-18-2006, 12:38 PM   #14
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) well, i think it should be known that the singer wasn't up to his usual antics on stage...several fans at the show and other people tied to ab have the same story about how the singer was saying that the u.s. sucks and that american's suck and he hates america and americans can suck him off. quite different than bashing bush or saying how you're against the war, no?

He certainly had it coming then if this is the case.
Old 06-18-2006, 03:22 PM   #15
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) What's your view on Pearl Jam then? I hear their entire new album is basically a slam on Bush, and the current state of political and world affairs.

Calls it Democracy....
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too