++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 05-24-2005, 09:56 PM   #106
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by UD) have you never asked someone else for prayers, or prayed for someone else? HOW DARE YOU! You are getting in the way of Christ's role of mediator.
Hey hey hey! The issue is never ever with praying for people, but forgiving sins! We CANNOT have that role and no human should assume that it is ok!

I have talked to catholics that think it is great that they can go to a priest to have their sins absolved or whatever U say, because they cant go to Jesus cos they are too frightened. Catholicism should be encouraging the right that Christians have to "approach the throne of grace" and be "cleansed and washed from a guilty conscience" by the one who interceeds to the Father on our behalf! Why dont they??? Why get others involved when its not necessary and to add, not biblical!

I have heard the argument confess your sins one to another so use something else please. I actually do appreciate your comments so dont think I am provoking you to anger or anything. Though I might piss U off a little, hehe.

Quote: (Originally Posted by UD) Do you believe you are in the Church of Jesus Christ, founded by Him two thousand years ago, standing against the Gates of Hell itself? Then why was your church founded sometime in the last couple hundred years?
Cos the gospel was chained up in a basement somewhere by the Catholic church, unable to be distributed, preached to the world [translated], and supplied to the poor who needed it, and the truth was governed by a religious group, which is sort of a backslide big time, cos the Pharisees Aural law was abolished by Jesus and now the catholic church were bringing it back! Insanity!

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 05-24-2005, 10:01 PM   #107
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jester) hey you pathetic Maggot infested sack of masturbating cow snot
Rather amusing........BUT NO name calling Mr!

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 05-24-2005, 10:14 PM   #108
Jester
Banned
USER INFO »
lol
Old 05-25-2005, 08:53 AM   #109
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Hey hey hey! The issue is never ever with praying for people, but forgiving sins! We CANNOT have that role and no human should assume that it is ok!

I have talked to catholics that think it is great that they can go to a priest to have their sins absolved or whatever U say, because they cant go to Jesus cos they are too frightened. Catholicism should be encouraging the right that Christians have to "approach the throne of grace" and be "cleansed and washed from a guilty conscience" by the one who interceeds to the Father on our behalf! Why dont they??? Why get others involved when its not necessary and to add, not biblical!

I have heard the argument confess your sins one to another so use something else please. I actually do appreciate your comments so dont think I am provoking you to anger or anything. Though I might piss U off a little, hehe.

Cos the gospel was chained up in a basement somewhere by the Catholic church, unable to be distributed, preached to the world [translated], and supplied to the poor who needed it, and the truth was governed by a religious group, which is sort of a backslide big time, cos the Pharisees Aural law was abolished by Jesus and now the catholic church were bringing it back! Insanity!

Once again, NO EVIDENCE!!! Bibles were never "chained up in a basement" and that is clear prejudicial nonsense to think so.

They WERE chained in some areas, want to know why? So that people could READ THEM!! Amazingly, unlike today, not everyone HAD A BIBLE, so they were put in Public places, CHAINED THERE to keep them from being stolen, and people could read them. THAT IS A FACT.

As for Confession, Catholics who say they confess to a priest because they are afraid to go to God are being ridiculous. Confessing sins to a Priest IS CONFESSING THEM TO GOD. It is GOD who forgives the sins, it is the Priest standing in for Jesus, JUST LIKE JESUS TOLD HIM TO DO.

Jesus tell the Apostles "whose sins you forgive they are forgiven; whose sins you retain they are retained".

It does not get much more obvious than that. Not to mention the various times Christ tells them to do as HE HAS DONE, and what has Christ done? Forgiven sins, constantly.

Also, Jester, you continue to show your utter lack of knowledge in these matters. We are saved THROUGH GOD'S GRACE by Faith and Good Works. God's Grace is the most important part because without it, Faith and Works are useless. But a Protestant would tell you we are saved by God's grace through Fatih, even though James 2:14-26 explicitly condemns that notion.

And as for Augustine, I missed your comments on him because you comment on everything. He was a heretic. SO?! St. Ambrose converted Augustine, and over the thirty years of his life as a converted Christian, he wrote some of the Church's most beautiful works of that period, or any period in time.

And I would definitely appreciate it if you stopped insulting me. If your arguments are so weak that you rely on insults, stop posting anyway.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:11 AM   #110
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
And also, Sincirr and AussieCreeder, you haven't answered my questions yet.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:23 AM   #111
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »
Can't you all just argue one topic at a time instead of slinging multiple things at Uncertaindrummer and expecting him to answer them all? Pick one until it's exhausted and then move on to another one. Don't bring up 60 different things all at once. They are not all related and most of them are misconceptions.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:07 AM   #112
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Good point rabidgopher04. At last, someone realized it! I was reading this trhead and noticed the EXACT thing.
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 05-25-2005, 12:24 PM   #113
Jester
Banned
USER INFO »

Last edited by Jester : 05-26-2005 at 05:27 AM.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:57 PM   #114
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Hmm, that is funny. I don't notice any jumping around. You have raised several objections, I have answered them, and you have not been able to further attack them.

And for someone who thinks apologetics is BS, you sure have engaged in quite a bit of it in this thread.
Old 05-25-2005, 03:14 PM   #115
Jester
Banned
USER INFO »

Last edited by Jester : 05-26-2005 at 05:28 AM.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:01 PM   #116
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Well first, I have seen many people converted or at least prfoundly affected or at least gained SOMETHING positive out of apologetics. For instance, Sncirr and I, while not agreeing on just about everything, have great respect for each other and enjoy speaking on these matters.

You have not kept me at bay, I have defeated every single one of your arguments when they come from the Bible. As for History, I am NOT a historical guru, but the onus is NOT on me to prove that the Gospels were written when they were. I BELIEVE THEY WERE, and if you don't, FINE. It is up to YOU to convince ME, and you have no produced ANYTHING that even remotely pointed to that fact that the Gospels were written 300 years after Jesus. That is especially interesting in lgiht of the multitude of early Church Father refernces TO the Gospels, all written before 330.

You say you think Apologetics are worthless, you say you don't believe in Christ, you say Christians are stupid for doing so--frankly, I have little left to talk to you about in a FAITH AND RELIGION DISCUSSION BOARD.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:34 PM   #117
Jester
Banned
USER INFO »

Old 05-25-2005, 08:40 PM   #118
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Well, actually, this argument has been YOU trying to disprove the authenticity of the Bible. I don't CARE if you believe in its authenticity, so I don't need to convince you of anything.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:44 PM   #119
Jester
Banned
USER INFO »

Old 05-25-2005, 08:53 PM   #120
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
You are just so profoundly obscene it scares me. I have absolutely no intent to follow this discussion any further. I will finish it with one last statement.

I don't NEED to prove anything about the Bible to you, I don't CARE if you believe in the Gospels. If you don't want to, that is your problem. I SAID you should read Founding of Christendom Volume 1, as well as other Christian sources, just to get a more balanced view. If you don't want to, fine, that is your decision. I don't NEED to argue to the validity of the Gospels. YOU are the one trying to disprove them.

You don't HAVE to argue against the Gospels if you don't care to prove it, but if you do, then YOU are the one that has to furnish the evidence, not me. And make no mistake about it. You have furnished NO evidence, all you have done is whine about "I have studied this for a zillion years, my dad is a professor" over and over.

Cheers, have a good life.