++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 11-13-2003, 11:36 AM   #61
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
<!--QuoteBegin-Prs4me+11-12-2003 06:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Prs4me @ 11-12-2003 06:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> To put it simply....Hate the Sin, Love the sinner... [/b][/quote]
Couldn't have said it better myself!

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 11-17-2003, 11:42 PM   #62
creedsister
USER INFO »
what the heck was i thinking hear
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 11-24-2003, 12:48 PM   #63
HeadachyMatt
USER INFO »
wow, its so refreshing to these topic go on without become a heated arguement

i see alot of stuff here that makes perfect sense, regardless of wether or not one agrees with it, u still show love

seeing the positivity that has come from this thread i think of this eagles song i heard

"theres a whole in the world tonight, dont let there be a hole in the world tommorow"

maybe there wont be a hole in the world tommorow, just give love to all
Old 11-28-2003, 12:00 PM   #64
knifer
USER INFO »
Why is it that gays have to try to corrupt something ancient and sacred in order to feel better about themselves?

If they are so "out and proud", why do they give a damn if a group of people believe their liftstyle is immoral? Why can't the rump-rangers and rug-chewers just do what they want to do without messing with what others considered sacred? Start their own freakin' religion, and leave the others alone.

Seems like they ain't so comfortable being who they are, if they have to constantly try to get the world to redefine itself in their terms.

That's the problem with Narcissism - which is exactly what homosexuality is - Narcissism to the extream - unless everyone loves you and thinks you are wonderful, you cannot be secure in yourself.

So my point? Hey Homos! Quit trying to change the definitions of "church" and "clergy" and "marriage" to suit your narcissistic needs. If you are so proud to be what you are, do so without trying to remake the world in your pathetic image.
Old 12-15-2003, 01:09 AM   #65
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
I had a really close friend who I loved dearly. I became a Christian and he started freaking out. he came out the following year.

He wouldnt go near me, saying to people that I would judge him cos Christians say that Gays will go to hell. I loved the guy, he was a good friend, but I had no idea that he was struggling with this.

Believe this or not, the week before he came out, I was in the bathroom and the Holy Spirit said very very clearly, "____is gay". It was so left field as far as I was concerned, I questioned whether it was God.

When I was told, I asked God, OK U gave me prior warning that he came out before anyone had actually told me, now, how am I sposed to react as a Christian to this??? God clearly said, well, U have all these other friends that freely talk to U about their sexuality that are Heterosexual, and U dont seem to worry about that...

Basically what God was saying was that I had a predudice against gays that I needed to deal with, cos his sexual activeness was no different to a Heterosexual's as far as God was concerned...Point was, God was more interested in dealing with my sin that day, than my friends!

God showed me through all of this that He loves gays. Just as much as he loves heterosexuals that don't aknowledge Him. No difference.

I have heard of a man who was gay and gave his life to Christ. He now evangelises to gay's. Most of them just turn their back on him, and understandably so. Of course, he is not a practicing gay now; he is married with kids, but alot of people don't like what he does. Who else is gonna reach out to these people! God loves them. In this case, what he is doing is so needed because of the distorted image of God and grace toward gays that some Christians have verbalised.

U can read about it in Philip Yancey's book, "What's So Amazing About Grace". I dont know if that helps or confuses, but I posted it cos of the profound effect the experience had on me.

I am a huge Kings X fan, and Doug Pinnick was told by some Christians that he was going to hell and all sorts of things. I wrote him an email and told him about what God said to him and he replied. In the past, he has spoken of how much, especially as a christian, agony he went through while struggling with coming out. It broke myheart to think that "youre going to hell" was now in his spirit. I was so glad that I could tell Him what God said.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 12-15-2003, 01:45 AM   #66
creedsister
USER INFO »
You are very understanding of the love God he loves gays as well and no sin is diffrent in his eyes,,the lord said in one of his 10 comandments to keep the sabbaith holy it is the day of rest but today people foreget that comandment,,i work on sundays as well,,but are lord was sufferd and died so these sins could be whashed away,,ya,know how we know what todo is through the power of the holy spirt, my lord did not convect me of working on sundays B/c he knew that i had to but really only desired to work for him all the time,,,its good that you opend your ear and heart to god sincirr,,and did,nt fall in the ways of man and he also dealt with you it seems and showed you your sins,,so he could make it right,,God bless you for sharing that,,
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 12-23-2003, 02:22 PM   #67
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) thats not a fact. You are guessing/assuming
The real way is whatever you want it tobe, because heaven is like a peace on earth, and you have to do more than belive jesus. but follow his example to make our and others lives as good as can be. Cuz if we accomplish that, then we have already reached heaven, because mayby thats what heaven is.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." Ephesians 2:8,9

Grace- God's Riches At Christ's Expense

it says right there... not of works... meaning... not by good works that are done... so that no one can say I'm Better than you...

We're all sinners... if a gay person Believes in Jesus... they're saved... it's that simple...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 12-23-2003, 10:34 PM   #68
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TremontiWanaB) "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." Ephesians 2:8,9

Grace- God's Riches At Christ's Expense

it says right there... not of works... meaning... not by good works that are done... so that no one can say I'm Better than you...

We're all sinners... if a gay person Believes in Jesus... they're saved... it's that simple...
WELL SAID
Old 12-24-2003, 01:42 AM   #69
Xterminator27
USER INFO »

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27

Last edited by Xterminator27 : 12-24-2003 at 01:52 AM. Reason: .
Old 01-06-2004, 07:29 PM   #70
hide
USER INFO »
Sorry to those that disagree but the scriptures are clear in this issue. The bible lists a whole bunch of people who if they continue to commit a whole bunch of sins unrepently they will not got to heaven but to hell simple as that. That includes adulterers, fornicators, homosexuals etc: These are perhaps outdated ideals in our modern society but that is what it saids clearly no way around it!
Old 01-06-2004, 07:48 PM   #71
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
i think you have to go by person by person... i've heard of many ppl that are sorry for being homosexual... but can't help but be drawn to the same sex... God knows what's in ppls hearts... let Him judge

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 01-06-2004, 07:52 PM   #72
njcreedite
USER INFO »
I usually leave these threads alone...cause I tend to be more liberal than most, but.....

Not that long ago left handed people were persecuted as being of Satan.
Now of course we know that being left handed, right handed or ambidextrous is just a part of brain function...nothing more, nothing less.

Sexual orientation is the same thing. I'm hoping someday science will be able to prove (it's already done this..but I guess it's still too complex for most to understand. ) in an easily understood way...how this is all just a matter of brain function. Till then, I just hope most people live and let live.
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 01-06-2004, 07:56 PM   #73
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
i dont quite agree w/ that... you can't very well coompare being left-handed to being homosexual... most homosexualaty occurs in ppl that have been sexually abused... again... note that i said MOST... because there are always exceptions... once again... Let the King Of All judge.. it's not up to us.. Love all

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 01-06-2004, 07:57 PM   #74
hide
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TremontiWanaB) i think you have to go by person by person... i've heard of many ppl that are sorry for being homosexual... but can't help but be drawn to the same sex... God knows what's in ppls hearts... let Him judge

i don't want to go back to a world where they were persecuted even legislated against but I disagree that is a medical issue, I believe it is a choice. If we are talking faith here then the bible clearly teaches it is something depraved and Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because of the depravity the men of the town showed in this way! If you want to throw away the bible because you don't agree fine, but don't say its only due to a wrong interpratation because that is clearly wrong.
Old 01-06-2004, 08:00 PM   #75
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
i agree that homosexuality is wrong... but i think that the can still be saved... you are not lost just because you're Gay.. jesus still loves all

Jesus + Guitars = Life