++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 07-04-2004, 09:02 PM   #31
whitebird
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Ok, I admit it, I was a bad pet owner today.

I didn't pay attention to the pet food bin. It holds a giant bag of dog food. There is only one store in the area that carries this brand, and we have to drive a bit. We can only use this one brand, because Molly becomes ill, if we try any other.

I forgot about the 4th of July, and many stores are closed. I realized there was not enough for their supper, and breakfast tomorrow, so I scrambled a half dozen eggs, (No Salt), and cooked rice. Mixing the remaining dog food, rice and eggs, I fed "The Girls".

Nikki didn't seem to take a breath, as she inhaled the entire bowl. Molly the older wiser dog, picked out the dog food, put it on the kitchen floor, and ate the eggs and rice.

Putting the remaining mixture in the fridge, I guess I'll have to warm it up for them in the morning.

Old 07-04-2004, 09:14 PM   #32
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
LOL, whitebird...btw, great thread. What that woman told you about the dogs was so insensitive. Sometimes, people just don't seem to think before they speak.

We have always had pets in our family, especially cats. I recently lost my cat, Darryl, after almost 16 years. I had had her since birth, and she was the greatest cat I ever had. She was so friendly. All my friends, even the non-cat lovers, always wanted to take her home. She was a great source of comfort and lots of fun over the years. She slept on my bed every night without fail and in the winter, she would sleep somewhere on me probably to keep warm. I keep the house on the chilly side (cheap Yankee that I am) even in the winter . I'm glad I took pictures of her throughout her time with me. I'm still missing her a lot, so I'm not quite ready for another kitty, but in time I know I will be. I just love cats .
Old 07-04-2004, 09:27 PM   #33
whitebird
USER INFO »
Oh Dogstar, I truly feel for your loss of Darryl. I still tear up when I talk about the pets that I have lost, and I'm sure your heart is breaking.

I wish that there was something I could do to help, but only time will heal. I'm glad that you took the pictures that you mentioned, she sounds like a wonderful little spirit.

I'm also sure that souldancer has been there for you, as you have needed her, and her love and kindness for both people and animals has helped you through.

Perhaps when the time comes, and you feel you are again able to share your love with another little spirit, Jen can help you?

Take care Dogstar, I'll be thinking of you. (BIG HUG)
Old 07-04-2004, 09:30 PM   #34
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Thanks, whitebird. You have to be the sweetest person on the planet. You always have such comforting things to say. I still tear up about Darryl, but I know in time I'll have another cat. They are just such cool creatures. And yes, Souldancer and others have been a great help. I'm lucky to have such awesome friends. Hahah, maybe Jen will find another kitty in need indeed .
Old 07-04-2004, 09:34 PM   #35
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Dogstar, I'm so sorry to hear about Darryl. Losing a pet is hard and I hope at some point you will be ready to have another cat in your life.

Relearn Love
Old 07-04-2004, 09:41 PM   #36
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Sheila. Thank you so much. I know I will...It will just take a while. I had Darryl for a loooong time .
Old 07-04-2004, 09:41 PM   #37
whitebird
USER INFO »
Thanks for the complement Dogstar, but what I believe is, our friendships have made us each stronger, kinder, and wiser.

Thank you Steve, for the chance to meet these wonderful friends. (Darn, there isn't a smilie for joyful tears)
Old 07-04-2004, 09:59 PM   #38
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Amen to that, whitebird
Old 07-05-2004, 07:06 PM   #39
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
Awwe, sorry about your kitty Kerri.
I had a cat named Sally one time (Sally turned out to be a boy instead of a girl, so we just kept the name, LOL) well, anyway, I had Sally for a long time, I let him in the house when I got home from school and I was the only one home at that time of day for an hour or two, so I'd let him in and in the summer when the A/C was on, he would come in the house and sleep on my beanbag. Then one day I came home and I couldn't find him, so later my parents told me he got run over, I was really sad. There was this little cat that stayed around our house and she was Sally's little buddy, and she had kittens (they weren't Sally's......it wasn't possible) one of those kittens was a little runt that had siameese markings, and we named him Simon and kept him. So Simon is kind of a little reminder of Sally. Only time will tell when you get a new kitty, one of these days someone might offer you a cat and it would be the right time.
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 07-05-2004, 08:44 PM   #40
whitebird
USER INFO »
Creed DefaultGirl, I like the story of Sally the male kitty, I'm sorry though, that it had a sad ending for you and him. I am glad that you were able to rescue Simon.

I saw something in the parking lot of our grocery store today, and I was really pleased. It was a sign that said "HEAT KILLS", and a dog on it. I've never seen one before, and I think it is a great thing to remind pet owners, that animals can't be left in their cars for even a short period.

I rescued a dog on a car one time, and it was so hot when I entered the car to get the dog out, I couldn't even breath. I'm not sure to this day how that poor baby was able to survive. Her leash was caught between the seats, and she couldn't even get to the windows for cooler air.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:56 PM   #41
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Thanks, Creed_Defaultgirl And that's really sweet that you have Simon to remind you of Sally

Whitebird, isn't it amazing how many people leave their pets, and children for that matter, in a hot car all locked up? YIKES. It's scary.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:50 AM   #42
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
Awweee.....that's so sad! This really is upsetting, but I once heard that someone gave thier dog a bath, and to dry it off they put it in the microwave. If you so stupid that you would do that, you shouldn't
1. have Kids
2. have Pets
3. Live without someone with common sense
4. Ever be into this world alone

Well, I've got a funny story about my cat Casey now. Earlier today my dad was pestering her by patting her on the head not really hard, but not easy. She started meowing at Mom, so I said, "Mom, ask Casey her questions" (If mom askes her like yes or no questions, sometimes when she is in the right mood she'll meow to them)
So mom said "Casey, does you love Momma?" Casey rubbed her head on the cabinet a few seconds and then she goes, "Meoooww" Then Mom asked "Casey, does you love Daddy?" So Casey looked around a moment, and started to jump down off of this thing she was standing on, and when she hit the floor, she did this meow that was the type of sound like when you step on a cat's tail or something. It was so funny, because it was like she was saying yes to mom, and NO! to dad! That's not the only time she did that either. About a year or so ago Mom asked her the same questions, except I was included before mom asked if she loved Dad, and when Mom asked her that question she did the same thing. Just to let you know, she had to think about it a miniute, but she loves me!
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 07-06-2004, 02:50 AM   #43
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
LMAO, Creed_Defaultgirl! That is too funny. I love the way people talk to their pets, too. So sweet!
Old 07-06-2004, 02:54 AM   #44
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
They all like that baby talk. They are our baby's!
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 07-06-2004, 03:14 AM   #45
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
You are so right! I have my kittyspeak voice, too