++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-10-2004, 05:36 PM   #46
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) and there is no integrity in that type of marketing...will stapp do it so blatently as AB did?...would like to believe that he will take a higher road and market himself on his abilities, which we know he has...

I can think of some pretty decent artists who I consider to have a modicum of integrity who also have used their connection to their previous bands to market a new effort. Go buy the Mad Season CD, with Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains members and you'll see those words on the CD wrap. Or Jerry Cantrell. It's a decision by the labels, no doubt, but it's done all the time. It's naive to think Scott's won't be as blatant as AB, especially if, as was said, Scott has said how proud he is of what Creed accomplished as a band. Why would he not want to be associated with it, right? The label wants to make money, so yes, I think its marketing of Scott's solo effort will be as blatant as AB's.

Quote: the media may choose to mention the Creed connection...but it would be refreshing to see stapp choose another way of marketing his music...
Refreshing, maybe...realistic? No.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:18 PM   #47
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
something that i may possibly clear up...for the media/the label/AB to say..."AB, 3/4 of whom were formerly of Creed...blah blah blah"....and "Scott Stapp formerly of Creed sings...blah blah blah" or either of them praising their past accomplishments in Creed...was NOT the lack of integrity i was talking about...this is to be expected...and you're right, that is how it is done...it's show business after all...

my comment was aimed more toward HOW the label/AB/Media has used its former band and ex-bandmate as leverage for promotional purposes...THAT is what lacks integrity...sorry for the misunderstanding...as i said, i believe that stapp will not take that road.

Last edited by Ann Allusion : 10-10-2004 at 06:22 PM.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:41 PM   #48
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
No problem. I thought you were referring to the band. My apologies.

Is Stapp doing his solo stuff with Wind-Up? If so, I don't know how that approach will be avoided. I'm not particularly fond of Wind-Up .
Old 10-10-2004, 07:13 PM   #49
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: No problem. I thought you were referring to the band. My apologies.

Is Stapp doing his solo stuff with Wind-Up? If so, I don't know how that approach will be avoided. I'm not particularly fond of Wind-Up

no problem here either... as for the solo work...not sure what is being done...if it's with Lost Key Word, as the Passion album was...then it too will be thru one of Windup's incarnations...not particularly a fan of Windup's SOP myself...

Last edited by Ann Allusion : 10-10-2004 at 07:29 PM.
Old 10-10-2004, 07:40 PM   #50
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) ....as for the solo work...not sure what is being done...if it's with Lost Key Word, as the Passion album was...then it too will be thru one of Windup's incarnations
Boooo.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:14 PM   #51
kariyanine
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to kariyanine Send a message via MSN to kariyanine Send a message via Yahoo to kariyanine
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) No problem. I thought you were referring to the band. My apologies.

Is Stapp doing his solo stuff with Wind-Up? If so, I don't know how that approach will be avoided. I'm not particularly fond of Wind-Up .

I'm sure he is probably still obligated to put out music with them as he probably signed some sort of deal for solo work. Remember the press release from Wind-Up on Creed's activities, what was it back in December '03 or so?, it said the both Mark and Stapp were working on solo projects as well as the compilation CD. I'm guessing they wrapped both Mark and Stapp up with solo contracts. But I don't know that for sure.

As for how it will be marketed, I'm sure that the little sticker on the album will say former lead singer of Creed. Labels due it all the time, look at Sting or Sammy Hagar (after he left VH) or Peter Cetera or Slash. The list could go on and on. I do think Wind-Up tried to capture the Creed fans for AB right away though as the album came out, what was it?, 2 months after the breakup was official. But they also tried the same thing with the Passion songs album and mentioned Scott right on the cover as this being his first musical offering in 3 years and being the former lead singer of Creed. I don't think the artists have that much say in how it is marketed.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:32 PM   #52
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Maybe the sticker on Stapp's album will say something like this:

"The only Creed guy who's NOT in Alter Bridge!" LMAO!!!

j/k
Old 10-10-2004, 11:41 PM   #53
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
What a shame.......................what this place has gone to. A while ago, before the board was split up, and the other site was around, I remember people always talking about how unfriendly the pit was. I'm sorry, but if creedpit is worse than this place, it must be the deepest pit in hell or something! If any of you want to see this person anymore, you won't find me here. There is a place where people can comprimise, and discuss things and keep the board peacefull, unlike CreedFeed. United we stand, divided we fall. How true that saying is.

I don't understand how many of these people I've seen in this thread are/were Creed fans, 'cause most of ya sure don't act like the music meant anything to you! Now we see the trueness of "the only way is one." This place aint the way, and it's awfully divided. Hey, uhh, just some advice to the future of this board, you might as well just take the stapp forums off, all they do 'round here is stir trouble. If you decide to go ahead and keep it, though, I beleive the cause of the conterversy is how probably NO thread on here someone doesn't bring up Alter Bridge and start an arguement. On the STAPP forums it's always AB this, AB that, Myles is better than Scott 'cause he has a high voice (just 'cause he sings higher, doesn't make it better), Stapp can't do nothin without Tremonti, BLAH BLAH BLAH! We'll see about that in the very near future.

Well, goodbye to this board, I mean living hell. May you people once again be joyful around each other, and frolic through the pages of this board in unity. (Yes, that was supposed to sound stupid.) Bye to the people here who were actually pretty cool, thanks for the good times that I did have here.

It still saddens me to see what four guys brought together, and then for us all to divide this way. It truly is a shame, but maybe it was meant to be.

Bye!
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 10-10-2004, 11:45 PM   #54
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Creed_Defaultgirl, I have to say this one of the tamest boards around, and I think most people here are pretty civil even when they are disagreeing. Steve runs a pretty tight ship that way. I'm sorry to see you go.
Old 10-11-2004, 06:01 AM   #55
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) P.S. If Alter Bridge never wants to be Creed...then how bout they starting talking about Alter Bridge in their interviews....what they love about AB's music....yadal, yada, yada.....rather than dishing about all that was wrong with Creed.
How about because that's all the media ASKS them about? The interviewers mostly seem to be concerned with the past, not the members of Alterbridge, their music or their future.

Quote: ab has and continues to only talk about how bad Creed was...they want to distance themselves from it...then shut up and do it.

What I think they need to do here is just reply to any interviewers "we're done with Creed, let's talk about the future" instead of constantly being asked about the past.

If I may digress for a second, at Saturday's show in Philly, many of us were allowed by security to go around back to where the band was hanging for the day and where the roadies were loading in. It was VERY open and the band members seemed pretty open and approachable. However, there was one person who came back after speaking with Mark, and she said she grilled him for 5 minutes on Stapp. What did he do? Why did the breakup happen? etc. To many, it's not about the past, it's about the future. To others, it's ALL about the past. I've said this before and I'll say it again. It's NOT entirely AB's fault that history keeps being brought up, it's the media and some fans who won't let it die.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-11-2004, 11:34 AM   #56
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) How about because that's all the media ASKS them about? The interviewers mostly seem to be concerned with the past, not the members of Alterbridge, their music or their future.

What I think they need to do here is just reply to any interviewers "we're done with Creed, let's talk about the future" instead of constantly being asked about the past.

If I may digress for a second, at Saturday's show in Philly, many of us were allowed by security to go around back to where the band was hanging for the day and where the roadies were loading in. It was VERY open and the band members seemed pretty open and approachable. However, there was one person who came back after speaking with Mark, and she said she grilled him for 5 minutes on Stapp. What did he do? Why did the breakup happen? etc. To many, it's not about the past, it's about the future. To others, it's ALL about the past. I've said this before and I'll say it again. It's NOT entirely AB's fault that history keeps being brought up, it's the media and some fans who won't let it die.
Terri, I agree with what you said. There will always be some sort of shadow they will be under in regard to Creed. It's the media's 'job' to ask them about Creed and Scott Stapp.

However, I think Mark has alienated a lot of Scott Stapp's fans when he made the comment how he wants fans that are into the music and not the personality and said that most of Creed's die-hard fans support AB. Well you know what, I guess he is getting his information from Michael and only counting the fans that are supporting AB over the internet (on the bb's). AB's albums sales speak for themselves.

I am a die-hard fan of Creeds and I took that comment personally. It was back in the MOP days that I fell in love with Creed, the BAND, and their music. I didn't even know Scott Stapp's name back in 97 and 98. Of course things are different now, knowing that Scott wrote those amazing lyrics and it's his voice that made the songs what they are.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:43 PM   #57
Trimontana
USER INFO »
I think everyone is trying to find a guilty one in all this "Creed-split up" thing. Some of them blame Tremonti for being the one who wanted an evolution in Creed music and in being touring all the time. And others blame Stapp for having an attention seeker personality. What i think is that this is like a marriage, there is always a 50-50 of guiltiness. There was a moment in time when both of them couldnīt work together, their visions about music just changed and now is what we get: Tremonti in AB and Scott just almost to release his solo debut album. We donīt have to feel like because Creed is no more; we donīt have to stop like the music they made...i still feel like when for the very first time i listened to MOP. But it doesnīt mean that i canīt listen to AB with the same intensity-feel-level (and i do) but knowing that is what we have now-Tremonti-Kennedy-Marshall-Philip. Is like when Scott appears on tv, i will feel happy cos heīs going to be there again , and all of us who loves his voice we will enjoy it again. I just feel bad for those that love Scott (I do) and trying to defende him, and we are attack for those who blame him or donīt like him.
Attached Images
File Type: gif StappRockOnSmaller0.gif (55.3 KB, 471 views)
Old 10-11-2004, 01:05 PM   #58
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: However, I think Mark has alienated a lot of Scott Stapp's fans when he made the comment how he wants fans that are into the music and not the personality and said that most of Creed's die-hard fans support AB. Well you know what, I guess he is getting his information from Michael and only counting the fans that are supporting AB over the internet (on the bb's). AB's albums sales speak for themselves.

Ok, I'm sorry, but what musician WOULDN'T want fans who are just into the music? That's what they strive for as musicians, isn't it? Chris Cornell went through a period where he didn't want his picture taken because people seemed to be focusing on his looks instead of Soundgarden as a band. I fail to see where Mark is dissing real fans of the music here.
[/quote]
Quote: I am a die-hard fan of Creeds and I took that comment personally.
And herein lies the problem with a lot of the people who were more into Scott Stapp. You all seem to take everything Mark says about AB as some sort of dig at Scott. I just don't see that at all. I love Scott as much as the next person. I'm a die-hard Creed fan, too, and I happen to like AB as well. It's fine if you don't, but I am sick to death of reading all this BS that Mark is dissing fans or Scott. You seem to read so much more into the words than what is really there. He's a musician. Of course he wants fans who are into the music. And maybe he's trashing the so-called die-hard fans who were more into the supposed personalities and looks of the band, rather than the music. Unless you're one of these people, I don't see how you could take this comment personally.
Old 10-11-2004, 01:36 PM   #59
Frankie
USER INFO »
Quote: Some Scott Stapp fans curse our every move, but we're after those who are in it for the music - not for the personalities

You know what..with that one statement...mark dismissed us with a flick of his tongue...the same way he has dismissed Scott...like none of us ever mattered...He insinuated that Scott's fans are shallow...as if Scott's talent and his voice and his lyrics mean nothing to us...and the fact that we have been Creed fans for years...many of us from the very beginning...means nothing to him. So yes...I guess we did take it personally.
Old 10-11-2004, 01:59 PM   #60
kariyanine
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to kariyanine Send a message via MSN to kariyanine Send a message via Yahoo to kariyanine
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) What I think they need to do here is just reply to any interviewers "we're done with Creed, let's talk about the future" instead of constantly being asked about the past.

It's been what 5 months since the official announcement that Creed broke up and AB was formed. Yes it is history and AB is the moving forward point for Mark and Flip but it is still recent history. Creed was the biggest band in the world not to long ago and some people haven't quite come to grips with the fact yet. I know it's till hard on me. I can accept AB and Scott's work for what it is but there is still a huge void left where Creed was for me (and I love ODR and RL but it is still different.).

I mean c'mon Slash still gets asked questions about GNR and it's been almost ten years since he left (and he has put out a number one album, and two number one hits - something AB hasn't done yet{but I think that will come with a little more time}) The questions aren't going to stop anytime soon.