++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-07-2009, 10:14 AM   #31
Icedmofo
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Question....

I would not be surprised if he needs some sort of vocal reconstruction surgery in the future if he continues down this path.

I'm not sure what happened over the last year and a half or so, but recording an album doesn't cause your voice to drop in it's middle range by around a 5th, which is what stapp's voice did.

It was certainly strained and damaged at the end of the weathered tour, but he still had the same range he always had, something had to have legit happened between then and now to cause this.

The only thing i can think of is from touring on his solo album, a lot of that stuff was really actually out of his range (the first song on his album i remember was screamed and flat and strained even on the recording, nevermind live).

Also songs like one last breath were never in his range, a lot of those high notes on weathered were digitally edited for pitch, but after watching at least 30 different versions of it live, i am convinced he was never able to actually hit those notes.

It's the proof to me that he's attempting to deal with his ego. Back in the day he thought he could do anything so he wrote notes that he should never have tried to sing because he was Scott Stapp, but he has been humbled enough by whatever's happened since to have the band downtune the entire set by a whole step.

It's also more obvious now, but i said it from the start, the AOL sessions are pitch corrected. Not that all bands don't do this for promotional deals, but it's obvious if you listen to the tone of his voice that digital pitch correction is going on, and the fact that he's never given a performance consistent to that since the tour began makes it all the more obvious.

Don't get me wrong, i love this band, i just want the man to take some care of himself so it can continue, and i'm glad he's at least taking steps to preserve his voice for the entire length of the tour. Not everyone is myles kennedy, who i am convinced has some sort of vocal super powers.....bastard...../end jealousy.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:15 AM   #32
Icedmofo
USER INFO »

I swear to god, i always start these posts meaning to write only one or two short paragraphs and then when i look up when i'm finished it's 2 pages long and i'm like wtf.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:45 PM   #33
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer

-shrug- At least someone is attempting to make sense. I am a highly active member on a very popular website that seems to attract teenagers who cannot form a sentence to save their pathetic little lives. Coming here is like a welcome reprieve.

And like I said on the last page, I just hope whatever he does, he thinks of his well-being first. Fuck the rest -- I am sure he does not want to end up not being able to sing at ALL. I can imagine that being a swift roundhouse to the ego for sure.

Not to mention his life, since I am pretty sure that without his career, there really ain't much else Stapp can do with himself. That is just My opinion seeing as... well, we all know his personal life has always been a bit fuck'd.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:32 AM   #34
creediscool17
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Have you heard Chris Cornell recently?

yeah... have you?

he still sounds pretty good.

what about the other guys on that list? i could name 100 others... anthony keidis from red hot chili peppers? there is many more.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:04 PM   #35
foool13
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Have you heard Chris Cornell recently?

Chris Cornell with PJ, hunger strike..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLo5miR0dJY

Pretty good compared to Stappy, dont you think....