++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-11-2005, 01:55 AM   #16
stappissohot
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Faceless_Man) You are whining. You're upset/jealous b/c Stapp has promotion ties with MLB??? You think Falterbridge is the only band that can do this? I hope I never hear any of you AB fans say again that lack of promotion for AB's debut album caused a shortage in sales. lol. WWE? MLB? That's not promotion? Make all the excuses you want. Falterbridge didnt deliver. Stapp will. Talk to me again when the record sales for Stapp's debut are in. We'll compare that to AB's debut. But, I bet then there would be another excuse, right? And dont use the "p2p file sharing" excuse. Weathered was released while p2p was booming also. How did it do? Here's a formula for you to study and understand(pop quiz tomorrow)....

Stapp - Creed exiles + oppurtunity to go his own route w/o consultation = SUCCESS

Creed exiles - Stapp + Whiney Myles = Well, I don't know what you call it, but for now the answer will be "SUX"
I have found a new best friend *bows down to you* EXACTLY my point, thank you! Lol....Scott Stapp=10 times better than AB and you all know it, just you all wait....just you wait....Stapp fans will get the last laugh, all you AB fans go back to the Alter Bridge forum.... Stapp fans only here, and YES you all ARE whining, go back and reread your posts
And where it lies at sea
A wounded man sounds desperate when he’s lost all his belief
Can you look into my eyes and say you won’t betray me

Tabula Rasa from The Dark Poet!
Old 11-11-2005, 02:00 AM   #17
Creed7352
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by stappissohot) I have found a new best friend *bows down to you* EXACTLY my point, thank you! Lol....Scott Stapp=10 times better than AB and you all know it, just you all wait....just you wait....Stapp fans will get the last laugh, all you AB fans go back to the Alter Bridge forum.... Stapp fans only here, and YES you all ARE whining, go back and reread your posts

it's possible to like them both you know...it's this narrow-minded thinking of stapp fans that i see all too often.

besides, you're like 15, you don't know anything yet as you have not experienced these things called life and the world. come back when you've matured.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:13 AM   #18
stappissohot
USER INFO »
Oh boy haven't I gotten that, I have no problem with AB, I am a die-hard Stapp fan, unlike AB who choose to do nothing more than be stappless creed, Scott Stapp has branched out to new music and new ideas.... Scott Stapp has chosen to do more than just be creed, he's chosen a whole new him, and THAT'S what makes a great musician, that is what makes a legend, that is what makes Scott Stapp
And where it lies at sea

Old 11-11-2005, 02:14 AM   #19
RMadd
USER INFO »
ditto, Creed7352.... people think it's some competition between the two for who will sell more albums. i think the only reason i may've written stapp off back a year or so ago was that he appeared to be having difficulties getting his personal life in order. however, as of late, i'm much more encouraged by what he's been doing. he sounds healthier, for sure. i think both sides have been wrong to attack each other, whether in interviews or song lyrics (as some people allege, on both sides). I loved Creed (that's why I've been here since '03, and have been a fan since '99). I think Stapp, Tru, Flip, and even Brian were integral parts to that entity and, no matter how much anyone thinks one way or the other, no one will be able to replicate what they did from '97-'04. people loved 'em, or loved to hate 'em. but i think most of us are in the former camp, so why can't we all get along anymore?

Old 11-11-2005, 02:18 AM   #20
RMadd
USER INFO »
also, i see why there might exist a natural space for comparison, being as how the two new groups were, more or less, formerly one. but why must we compare both on every friggin' thing? seriously. it seems they're taking two different approaches to the music they're wanting to make. whereas Tru has expressed his desire to inject alternative metal with some wicked shredding, Stapp, at least lyrically and stylistically, remains much the same from his heyday with Creed. so let's have our chocolate cake and eat it too. enough of this incessant bickering over which entity is superior, etc., etc., etc.

Old 11-11-2005, 02:23 AM   #21
stappissohot
USER INFO »
Why the constant fighting? It's just like Pearl Jam fans and Creed fans! There will ALWAYS be this rivalry, ALWAYS, whether or not a few people like you say stop fighting this will go on, because some will stay true to AB and others will stay true to Scott Stapp, Creed was asking for it when they broke up.....now they got it, fans turned against each other, one of the many things that happen when bands split up *shakes head* way of the world...
And where it lies at sea

Old 11-11-2005, 02:25 AM   #22
Creed7352
USER INFO »
i disagree...alter bridge is less creed sounding that stapp..and stapp has NOT moved on as his interviews indicate with such statements as, "this is essentially creed album 4 with different backing musicians." sorry.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:27 AM   #23
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) also, i see why there might exist a natural space for comparison, being as how the two new groups were, more or less, formerly one. but why must we compare both on every friggin' thing? seriously. it seems they're taking two different approaches to the music they're wanting to make. whereas Tru has expressed his desire to inject alternative metal with some wicked shredding, Stapp, at least lyrically and stylistically, remains much the same from his heyday with Creed. so let's have our chocolate cake and eat it too. enough of this incessant bickering over which entity is superior, etc., etc., etc.
Agreed. Even though I like AB, I like some of the Stapp songs, and I'd still pay money to see him live. We can like both equally, prefer one over the other, or not like either one. It doesn't mean one is better than the other.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:28 AM   #24
stappissohot
USER INFO »
When did he say that? And I have heard every Alter Bridge song, only difference is the lead singer cant sing for crap... Scott Stapp has branched out.... his songs sound softer and less head banging, I respect him deeply for his efforts, especially with people like you....
And where it lies at sea

Old 11-11-2005, 02:30 AM   #25
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by stappissohot) When did he say that? And I have heard every Alter Bridge song, only difference is the lead singer cant sing for crap... Scott Stapp has branched out.... his songs sound softer and less head banging, I respect him deeply for his efforts, especially with people like you....
There is only one song that sounds as if Scott Stapp has branched out, and that is Justify, and maybe Broken. Ok, so two. Other than that, the rest of the songs are fairly formulaic and safe. If there were more songs like Justify, I might actually buy this album.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:38 AM   #26
stappissohot
USER INFO »
I don't need YOU to buy his album I already have most of Modesto, California working on that my friend, and this weekend I'll branch out to Turlock, and maybe go into Manteca....but I still say I don't need people on the internet buying his album, me and The Stapp Fans United club which I founded can do just fine....our website is http://freewebs.com/stappfansunited and our forum which is a little empty right now is http://s14.invisionfree.com/Stappfansunited so there..... I made both sites myself.... *shakes head* what a waste of my time, only 870 hits....unlike my Raven Symone site which is getting over 1500, but my Stapp site is on google.....
And where it lies at sea

Old 11-11-2005, 02:40 AM   #27
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by stappissohot) I don't need YOU to buy his album I already have most of Modesto, California working on that my friend, and this weekend I'll branch out to Turlock, and maybe go into Manteca....but I still say I don't need people on the internet buying his album, me and The Stapp Fans United club which I founded can do just fine....our website is http://freewebs.com/stappfansunited and our forum which is a little empty right now is http://s14.invisionfree.com/Stappfansunited so there..... I made both sites myself.... *shakes head* what a waste of my time, only 870 hits....unlike my Raven Symone site which is getting over 1500, but my Stapp site is on google.....
I don't give a crap whether you think you don't need ME to buy this album...How 'bout chilling out just a little, mkay?
Old 11-11-2005, 02:42 AM   #28
Creed7352
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by stappissohot) I don't need YOU to buy his album I already have most of Modesto, California working on that my friend, and this weekend I'll branch out to Turlock, and maybe go into Manteca....but I still say I don't need people on the internet buying his album, me and The Stapp Fans United club which I founded can do just fine....our website is http://freewebs.com/stappfansunited and our forum which is a little empty right now is http://s14.invisionfree.com/Stappfansunited so there..... I made both sites myself.... *shakes head* what a waste of my time, only 870 hits....unlike my Raven Symone site which is getting over 1500, but my Stapp site is on google.....

LOL

you're right, YOU don't need them to buy it, STAPP does...lol that's some backwards ass thinking btw..you think your friends have it all covered? wow.

stapp said that a few weeks ago at one of his acoustic promo stops.

you're uneducated in singing if you think myles can't sing for crap. you may not like it, but the man can sing. stapp can't hold a note to him in strength, sustain, stamina, etc...

i assume you haven't heard the whole album yet if you think stapp has gone softer and there is no head banging...got news for ya, the first 4 or 5 tracks are quite the opposite of soft.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:44 AM   #29
stappissohot
USER INFO »
Ok, let's all just stop fighting.... I avoid conflict, I was already jumped this year I do not need any more bruises and cuts.... long story....how about we all are just polite....yeah hard thing to say and even harder to say in Modesto *shakes head* so sad but true, we're divided here in Modesto as well....red and blue, wear either color you get shot.... so this topic was about Scott Stapp and MLB....but I think he's entitled to be signed with them....he sang God Bless America 10/27/04 (I think 04, I don't watch sports..)
And where it lies at sea

Old 11-11-2005, 02:46 AM   #30
stappissohot
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) LOL

you're right, YOU don't need them to buy it, STAPP does...lol that's some backwards ass thinking btw..you think your friends have it all covered? wow.

stapp said that a few weeks ago at one of his acoustic promo stops.

you're uneducated in singing if you think myles can't sing for crap. you may not like it, but the man can sing. stapp can't hold a note to him in strength, sustain, stamina, etc...

i assume you haven't heard the whole album yet if you think stapp has gone softer and there is no head banging...got news for ya, the first 4 or 5 tracks are quite the opposite of soft.
I haven't heard the whole album no....Fight Song, Sublime, The Great Divide, Surround Me, and Justify are all I've heard, please kindly tell me where and I'll be glad to hear them....
And where it lies at sea