++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 10-12-2005, 01:35 AM   #16
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Well... San Diegans are fairly biased in their views of Pujols. 2 seasons ago Albert Pujols hit a game winning home run against the Padres (who were having a very frustrating season) and admired his home run for about a minute.
very true... he does gawk @ his homers a bit... not really sure why, either, since he's a reasonably humble & nice guy. not like sammy sosa who does his gay little side-step-hop crap every time he thinks he's going yard. ghey.

Old 10-12-2005, 03:13 PM   #17
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) very true... he does gawk @ his homers a bit... not really sure why, either, since he's a reasonably humble & nice guy. not like sammy sosa who does his gay little side-step-hop crap every time he thinks he's going yard. ghey.
Hahahahahaha, I know, that is so stupid. I don't like Sosa anyway. I like Pujols, though
Old 10-13-2005, 02:35 AM   #18
Chase
USER INFO »
I do hear that Pujols is a team player and a good guy in the club house. He's obviously the real deal as a player too. Funny note about Sosa, who I also can't stand anymore. When I was a kid (probably about 8 or 9 years old), Sammy Sosa threw me a ball during the Cubs batting practice. This was here in San Diego at Jack Murphy Stadium (which became Qualcomm Stadium). Back then he was this skinny Dominican with a fro sticking out of his hat. True story.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:00 PM   #19
RMadd
USER INFO »
that's pretty cool.... you still have the ball?
it's kinda funny to see some of these guys go through massive growth spurts in their late 20s and early to mid 30s. that's pretty much contrary to anything I'd ever learned in health and PE. Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Jason Giambi, Sammy Sosa... the list just goes on....

Old 10-13-2005, 01:04 PM   #20
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I do hear that Pujols is a team player and a good guy in the club house. He's obviously the real deal as a player too. Funny note about Sosa, who I also can't stand anymore. When I was a kid (probably about 8 or 9 years old), Sammy Sosa threw me a ball during the Cubs batting practice. This was here in San Diego at Jack Murphy Stadium (which became Qualcomm Stadium). Back then he was this skinny Dominican with a fro sticking out of his hat. True story.
I saw him in the early 90s at Wrigley and he was a skinny guy.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:57 PM   #21
titan9
USER INFO »
With the Yanks and Red Sox(I would have loved to have seen a re-match of last year's ALCS) done, I'm now forced to cheer for the Cardinals, mainly because I had Carps and Edmonds on my Fantasy Team this year. GO CARDINALS!

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 10-14-2005, 01:43 AM   #22
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) With the Yanks and Red Sox(I would have loved to have seen a re-match of last year's ALCS) done, I'm now forced to cheer for the Cardinals, mainly because I had Carps and Edmonds on my Fantasy Team this year. GO CARDINALS!
well, i guess that's better than nothing lol

Old 10-14-2005, 03:04 AM   #23
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Houston won tonight!! That Lidge is sick. I wish the Red Sox had a really good closer. Maybe we'll get Wagner, but I doubt it. He supposedly wants to stay as close to VA. as possible. Dayum! Anyway, these games have been pretty tight!
Old 10-17-2005, 01:34 AM   #24
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well, congratulations to the White Sox and their fans. They are going to the Series!!! Houston's getting closer, too, as they edged the Cards today! Man, both pennant series have been exciting and so close for the most part. Much fun to watch.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:43 AM   #25
RMadd
USER INFO »
fucking umps fucking suck... the 2 innings i watched while on my lunch @ work, marquis & supps weren't getting the calls that backe & lidge were. and my roommate said he was throwing stuff @ the tv b/c he was so pissed about stuff that happened later (in the 7th inning, perhaps). calling the bat going around when you're supposed to be watching the ball's location and then refusing to appeal to 3rd or 1st... calling a pitch up & in for a 3rd strike....... oohhhh motherfuckers... i really fucking hate houston now. looks like we're headed for a world series matchup between 2 teams that benefitted from some shoddy umpiring. i certainly won't watch it (as i'm sure most Americans won't: chicago's 2nd best team, and all the houston bandwagonners)

Old 10-17-2005, 01:53 AM   #26
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I didn't see the whole game, but I heard about the poor umpiring in the Cards' game tonight. I thought whoever was on third in the ninth inning when that weak infield grounder was hit should have stayed on third. It was so slow that the hitter probably could have beaten it out for an infield hit and then the Cards would have had the bases loaded with no outs. Instead, the guy got thrown out at the plate and then the DP ended it
Old 10-17-2005, 01:56 AM   #27
RMadd
USER INFO »
yeah... and mabry was allegedly safe (or at least tied) on the game-ending DP

Old 10-17-2005, 02:08 AM   #28
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I saw that play. It was damn close!
Old 10-17-2005, 01:44 PM   #29
Chase
USER INFO »
It looks as if the Cards used up all of their energy to beat San Diego. What happened to the St. Louis that we saw in the Division Series? Congrats to the Chi Sox!
Old 10-17-2005, 01:49 PM   #30
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) fucking umps fucking suck... the 2 innings i watched while on my lunch @ work, marquis & supps weren't getting the calls that backe & lidge were. and my roommate said he was throwing stuff @ the tv b/c he was so pissed about stuff that happened later (in the 7th inning, perhaps). calling the bat going around when you're supposed to be watching the ball's location and then refusing to appeal to 3rd or 1st... calling a pitch up & in for a 3rd strike....... oohhhh motherfuckers... i really fucking hate houston now. looks like we're headed for a world series matchup between 2 teams that benefitted from some shoddy umpiring. i certainly won't watch it (as i'm sure most Americans won't: chicago's 2nd best team, and all the houston bandwagonners)

Hey... you want to talk about bandwagonners... most of the Cardinal fans I saw in San Diego in game 3 of the NLDS were hardcore bandwagon fans. lol, they were and all of the Padre fans gave them shit for it. I think the White Sox just beat the Angel plain and simple (despite the infamous ambiguous call at the plate). The Angels ended up looking tired after their first win. I do agree that the umpiring has been pretty unconsistent and shitty (to say the least). Every series has witnessed poor calls.