++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 07-27-2008, 07:54 AM   #2191
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

July 27th

"There will come a day of reckoning."

There's no fooling God. There is no place we can go where He does not see our every move. Those people who think they have God fooled are only fooling themselves. God sees all things, He hears all things, and nothing escapes His attention. For those who live in sin, that is a very frightening thought. For those who walk in righteousness, there is no problem. Let the Lord watch. It is good to know that He is here.

Understand, ye brutish among the people: and ye fools, when will ye be wise? He that planteth the ear, shall be not bear? He that formed the eye, shall he not see?

Psalm 94:8, 9

Heaven

Old 07-29-2008, 05:31 AM   #2192
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

July 29th

"Precepts."

Much like the rules parents have for young children... Don't drink what's under the cabinet, don't play in the street, don't walk behind parked cars, God's guidance is not intended to restrict us, but to protect us. His commands, both positive and negative, are for our protection and perfection. By them we find life and have it preserved.

I will never forget your precepts, for by them you have preserved my life.

Psalm 119:93

Heaven

Old 07-30-2008, 05:44 AM   #2193
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

July 30th

"Spoiled like a child?"

Sometimes we can be spoiled and irritable like a brat. We don't get things the way we want them, so we pout and harden our hearts toward God. God is patient with us, but sometimes He has to put some distance between us until we settle down. God doesn't want to deal with our bratiness any more than we want to deal with the bratiness of children. In time, we learn to deal with our disappointments, and like children, we finally learn that pouting gets us nowhere.

Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness.

Psalm 95:8

Heaven

Old 07-31-2008, 06:40 AM   #2194
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

July 31st

"Is it your right?"

We live in a time and culture of rights. "It's my right to ___." Just fill in the blank... But there is one thing we don't have a right to be: God's child. We are given that right by grace through Jesus' coming to earth, living, dying and being raised from the dead. We appropriate it through faith, through which God gives us new birth when we are baptized and reborn through the power of the Holy Spirit. To be born of God, to be born from above, to be born again is the gift of adoption into God's family and entitles us to all the rights of heirs in God's house.

To all who received him, to those who believe in his name, he gave the right to become children of God. Children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

John 1:12-13

Heaven

Old 08-04-2008, 05:37 AM   #2195
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 4th

"How important God is to us."

Missed Daily the past few mornings due to a hectic work schedule and a bit of laziness... My wife reminded me that not only do I have a commitment to those who read my posts, but to myself and God. I need a daily dose of inspiration to keep the wheels turning and thank her for that reminder... Only He is worthy to be praised, and yet we so often act as if there's nothing special about God at all. There is no life in our prayers, we decided to skip church, or we ignore opportunities to share Christ with those around us. Our actions say, "No big deal." It is a big deal. God is the biggest deal of our lives. Everything we do should exalt the Lord and show others just how important He is to us. Anytime we can experience the holiness and majesty of the Lord, we should jump at the chance.

Exalt the Lord our God, and worship at his holy hill; for the Lord our God is holy.

Psalm 99:9

Heaven

Old 08-05-2008, 05:27 AM   #2196
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 5th

"The Lord is watching over us."

Our Lord watches over us carefully and lovingly. He wants us to look forward to the times we spend with Him. He also wants us to be assured that He will take care of us and protect us. As a shepherd gives everything possible to protect his flock, so God gives everything He can to guard His followers. Trust in Him, and He will watch over you.

Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

Psalm 100:3

Heaven

Old 08-06-2008, 05:43 AM   #2197
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 6th

"The closer we cleave to the word of God."

Both as our rule and as our stay, the more assurance we have of deliverance when we do. The wicked flatter themselves that they are going to heaven; but the longer they persist in sin, the further it is from them. The requirements of morality and holiness are not temporary or fleeting because they reflect the nature of our Holy God who is eternal. They don't shift with the wishes of culture, but are true across cultures and times and wishes.

All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal.

Psalm 119:160

Heaven

Old 08-06-2008, 09:58 PM   #2198
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Praise Jesus

His Precious WORDS OF FIRE AND THE WORD BECAME FLESH GLORY TO GOD MAN SHALL NOT LIVE BY BREAD ALONE BUT EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS FROM THE MOUTH OF GOD, in this day and age we live in brother GLORY I SEE THIS AS GLORY JUST AS HE PROMISED US HIS SPIRT SHALL ALSO RETURN TO US IN SPIRT AND TRUTH GLORY TODAY WE,VE GOT A BIG BOWL OF SUGAR AND THE WRONG FLOOD OH PRAISE JESUS THE FLOOD I SPEAK OF BE NOT HIS BUT THAT SAME CARBON COPY THAT THE DESTROYER PAINTS i,ve never read so many books jesus said this jesus done that So In So So In So AND SO MUCH WATERING DOWN THE TRUTH AND THE FIRE OF GOD when everybody should Be On FIRE everybody is just there thinking about AND WHEN THEY GET IN A BIND THAT SUGAR AND FLOOD and Thinking AINT GOING DO JACK THE WORDS OF CHRIST THE BIBLE ARE GENIUNE AND THERE IS A SPIRT OF WHITE WHASH GLORY THE WORD SAYS BROTHER WHO EVER ADDS OR TAKES AWAY TO MY WORDS i Will Blot Out There Names AND WALKING IN HIS LIGHT u kinda understand why STILL LEADS MANY ESTRAY GLORY TO EVERY BEAST OF THE FILED WHERE THERE IS NO FOOD WATER OR MEAT FOR THEIR SOUL , The Word Speaks Of This One Of My Favorite Scriptures The Whole Dut Of Man Ecc 12, 9 13, And Morever because the preacher was wise he still taught the people knowlege he gave good heed AND SOUGHT OUT AND SET IN ORDER MANY PROVERBS And Living By The Precepts OF JESUS HIS PROVERB WAS MERCY GLORYYYYYYY THE PREACHER SAUGHT OUT TO FIND ACCEPTABLE WORDS :AND THAT WHICH WAS WRITTEN WAS UPRIGHT IN TRUTH EVEN WORD OF TRUTH I TELL ya WHAT HOPEFULLY THEY FOUND JESUS THE TRUTH THE WAY AND THE LIFE The Words Of The Wise Are As Goads And Nails Fastend By The Masters Of Assemblies Which Are Given From One Shepered And Further By These My son be Adonished OF Making Many Books There Is No End And Much Study Is Weariness Of The Flesh Let Us Hear The Conclusion OF the WHOLE MATTER FEAR God And Keep His Commandments For The Whole Duty Of Man FOR GOD Shall Bring Every Good Work Into Judgement With Every Secret Thing Whither It Be Good Or Evil BLESSINGS AND STRENGETHS KATS Great Post Brother David Keep It Up And Stay Off Your Lazy Behind THE WORD OF GOD will Carry You When Your Lazy GLORY you,ll Find Another Proverb WHEN you Are Weary You Will Find Yet Another Proverb And When We Are Busy WE LONG FOR THE WORD OF GOD AND IF WE KEEP IT SHALL DEPART FROM HIS NOT AMEN
Old 08-07-2008, 05:33 AM   #2199
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

Thanks Sis... Most peeps would be like; "Where have you been?"

We all get busy but it's no excuse.

Peace,

Heaven

Old 08-07-2008, 05:33 AM   #2200
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 7th

"God is our judge and our father."

When we think about God being our judge, we normally think of falling into judgment. Isaiah reminds us that God being our judge means that he will be there to judge us based on his will, his rule and his grace. He is on our side and is looking to save, not condemn. Using the New Testament idiom, when we stand before our Judge we see instead our Father.

The Lord is our judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, the Lord is our king; it is he who will save us.

Isaiah 33:22

Heaven

Old 08-08-2008, 07:08 AM   #2201
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 8th

"Surviving the storm."

The dawn of a new day will one day come for all of God's people. Evil will have no place in the Kingdom of God. It will be wiped away; dissipated like a storm cloud after it is spent. When we live in the storm, we find it hard to see the future, which will be brighter. Trust God. His light conquers the blackest clouds, and once conquered they will never come again.

I will early destroy all the wicked of the land; that I may cut off all wicked doers from the city of the Lord.

Psalm 101:8

Heaven

Old 08-08-2008, 08:33 PM   #2202
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) Thanks Sis... Most peeps would be like; "Where have you been?"

We all get busy but it's no excuse.

Peace,

Heaven

Thank You Brother There Is No Excuse BUT HE IS LOVE AND HIS MERCY ENDURES THERE IS NO ANYGIVEN TIME WE ON OUR HANDS SHOULD NOT BE PRASING HIM , The Word Of God Not A Walk In The Park TO BRING FORTH EVERYTHING WILL TRY YA, Great Too See Ya Back Though bub BLESSINGS AND STRENGETH David And All You Kats Got A Long Winded Week End Planed Cant Wait So Start Praying Now Im Serious And of course i,ll do the same for you GLORY,
Old 08-10-2008, 07:09 AM   #2203
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 10th

"We stand fearless at the cliff-edge of doom."

Where can we go when all the walls fall and all the armies crumble and all hope is lost? To the eternal God, who is our Father. He preserved Israel through the most difficult of times, protected the Bible from those who would eradicate it, and has led his Church through troubles and triumphs through the centuries. He will do the same with us until he brings us home to himself.

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

Psalm 46:1

Heaven

Old 08-11-2008, 06:02 AM   #2204
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 11th

"Blessings... The gift."

Too often we look at the things we don't have, rather than at the things we do... Are we more thankful for what we have than we are bitter for what we have not? God has given us so much. Remember to praise Him for all He had done. Set aside the selfishness inside, and appreciate all that has been given. It is given in love.

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits.

Psalm 103:2

Heaven

Old 08-12-2008, 06:14 AM   #2205
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 12th

"The mercy of God."

God puts up with an awful lot from his creation. We turn ungrateful hands toward the Lord, always expecting more. We often insult him by the way we regard His world and all the wonderful things in it. Thankfully, He is slow to anger and plenteous in mercy, for we test Him constantly. We can learn from God's long-suffering patience with His children, and in turn we can share the same compassion and caring with those around us.

The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.

Psalm 103:8

Heaven