++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-25-2002, 09:20 AM   #31
JenRN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Jagger just turned 4 I believe. It is a real shame that this is going on... I agree totally with you all about Scott's well-being. I think the case here is getting married too fast and involving a child THEN realizing they really weren't for each other! It is real sad that it had to turn out this way! I TOTALLY agree about the band taking a long deserved break, I just hope that they realize the importance of it! How many times have we seen rock bands go 100 mph for sooo long then they burn out and have TONS of problems!!!! Can you imagine what it is like for Scott and Jagger to see their lives talked about all over!!!!! The price of fame is not so rosey, I hope his strong will and desire for peace keeps him sane!
As far as the rest of the band, can you imagine what it is like for them? I am sure Scott is in a foul mood and his temper is flying more than we can only imagine! The bottom line is STRESS will kill you, I have seen living proof of it, and I hope and pray Scott will find his balance and do what is right, and it is our job to support his decison. He can get rested and rejuvinated and they will probably put out the BEST album yet!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-25-2002, 09:21 AM   #32
Tantraess
USER INFO »
Quote: TeriB19:
I believe the band should take a long long rest. I thought they were done after the concerts in early December. But then the Philly and Chicago dates were announced, and don't get me wrong, I'll be in Philly with bells on!

Dogstar:
It's really sad that the custody issue has gotten to this point. I think they do need a long break, sit back, regroup and just try to live their lives. They have kept up an insane pace this year, and it has to wear on them.

souldancer:
No way - your genuine concern and passion for Scott and the band is appreciated here. Such a cool and thoughtful post. I would guess they are counting the days to the end of the year...and then a WELL DESERVED break - and perhaps time to reconsider management and labels. But, the time is needed - to reconnect with their lyrics and their messages FOR THEMSELVES.

hotforscott:
i totally agree, i don't want them to get burned out either. i anticipate their every move and just love that feeling of what's to come. wouldn't know what to do without them and i know they will leave such a legacy behind when it does come time to end in about 30 years. they are right up there with the best, and on the top of the list.

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback and support for my thoughts about all this. I really appreciate knowing that everyone’s main concern when it comes to Creed is their health and happiness.

I am not really sure what is best for them at this point. I am just hoping and trusting that their decisions as far as this insane schedule are what they believe they need to make them happy. From what I have heard they are not only touring thru December, but also they are planning on continuing this whole tour thru August. I personally can’t imagine not being able to see them live for any long period of time and just like TeriB19 said, I’ll be at the Philly concert with bells on too! As long as they are touring and I can possibly make it, I will be there. On the other hand, if they decided that it was getting to be too much and stopped touring now, I would totally support that, because I want to see them around in another 10-20 yrs down the road. I wouldn’t know what to do without them either if something happened to any of them.

Hearing about and seeing Scott cry on the stage is not what I want for him.

Seeing him say the words “We suck” on the stage really blows me away, because that couldn’t be further from the truth.

Reading post after post on these boards and others like it about how drunk he was and knowing when I saw them at the PSU concert, MY first reaction was thinking, he was drunk or something was wrong. He just wasn’t the normal Scott that I normally saw. To me it just doesn’t seem like these things among many others, are what someone that is happy and stable with their life does in front of thousands of their fans. He has to be really hurting.

Don’t get me wrong, I really respect Scott for being man enough to show his true feels……..but it also hurts me to know he is hurting this way.

Anything that affects him will definitely carry over to that little boy of his also. Even though Jagger is really young, kids are very smart and they pick up on everything especially emotions. I don’t care how much you try to hide it from them, hiding it just doesn’t work.

I am going to end this by saying that until I hear that Scott and the group is back to normal during this tour, I am going to worry. I hope and pray they get back on track real soon, for everyone’s sake. If they keep going this way, I am really afraid to see what happens New Years Eve.
Old 11-25-2002, 09:33 AM   #33
JenRN
USER INFO »
Where did it say he was drunk at the PSU show? Yeah it sounds like that was the case, because I can't imagine him acting soo nutty? Hey I know myself how being unhappy and having problems can cause your "usual personality" to be not in view!!!! As far as the New Year's Eve show I am sure he will put on an incredible show!!!! Maybe he will pick a fan out of the front and give them a New Year's kiss??? WHAT DO YOU THINK TERI????? Anyways the bottom line is hey, we all want what is best for them!!!! And it seems a looong break is needed bad!! True Creed fans would support them!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-25-2002, 09:36 AM   #34
Siana
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Siana Send a message via Skype to Siana
here we are true Creed fans,right??
Old 11-25-2002, 09:38 AM   #35
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Siana
here we are true Creed fans,right??

I know I am!! I believe 90% of the people really are!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-25-2002, 10:07 AM   #36
Tantraess
USER INFO »
Quote: Where did it say he was drunk at the PSU show?

Here is a link to just one of the places I read about it.
http://pub54.ezboard.com/fcreedpit62842frm...cID=20256.topic

I just hope that it was a mistake and it only appeared that way.
Old 11-25-2002, 12:47 PM   #37
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
Maybe he will pick a fan out of the front and give them a New Year's kiss??? WHAT DO YOU THINK TERI?????  
Um, I will be more than willing to bring in the New Year with a kiss from Scott!

Seriously, though. Even if the post from Creedpit is remotely true and he had been drinking, so what? I didn't read anywhere that the show sucked. This is the very first time I've EVER read or heard anything about strange behavior attributed to him being under the influence. One time. It is not like they are back 5-6 years ago before they hit it big and were drinking before and after every show, and in Flip's own words "We sucked". Everyone reaches a boiling point sometime and for Scott, maybe this Hilaree issue was it.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 11-25-2002, 01:03 PM   #38
JenRN
USER INFO »
Yeah I would have to say this was a boiling point alright! I would boil over the edge too!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-25-2002, 01:29 PM   #39
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I was just thinking about stuff and I want you all to say whether you feel the way I do, or not.

Maybe it's just me, but up until this cell phone deal with Hilaree, I had not heard anything totally horrible about her and I had never heard Scott say anything to the press that was bad about her. I was so unaware of how she was that I assumed they shared custody of Jaggar. I assumed that she wanted a husband that was home each night and that otherwise they were happy.

I guess that is why I was totally floored when I read these articles. I know the band hates for the press to release info like this, especially a police report and a mug shot, but I am kind of glad they did because after all the info I took in yesterday with this ordeal, I saw even deeper into their songs.

If you read the police report and the other article/link that was posted to the message boards yesterday and then pop in Weathered, it takes you to a deeper understanding of Scott's feelings.

They are very private about a lot of what the lyrics mean, I mean we all know that and they want fans to see their music from different levels, so it reaches all and I think they are so unique for that and that is why we all love them.

But, read over those articles one more time, then listen to Don't Stop Dancing and Lullaby and tell me it doesn't put you more in touch with Scott and his love for his son and making sure that Jaggar's life is without turmoil.

Maybe everyone's thoughts will be different on this and even though I knew his love for his son before this and also what the songs meant to me, it still just puts something else in my heart.
Old 11-25-2002, 01:37 PM   #40
JenRN
USER INFO »
Scott is a very deep intense feeling individual, you can tell that from their very first release! I do believe that they has had problems for quite awhile, but he is so private about it, probably did not want Jagger hurt with info out like that! I believe he is just a classy man and he did not want to trash her by saying nasty derogitory things about her, hey... her actions spoke for him! It is just a real shame it had to end up this way! Can you only imagine what kind of lyrics will be written for the next cd?

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-25-2002, 01:48 PM   #41
Tantraess
USER INFO »
It’s not that I have a problem with him drinking at all. It’s none of my business really. I drink, and sometimes I go overboard too. I just worry that all this is getting to be too much for him and pushing him over the edge. The show was still a great show, I never even suggested that it was anything but great. I am just more worried about his health then if the show kicked a**. (Which it never fails, it always does). Like I said….I just want to see them around in another 10-20 years to say the least.
Old 11-25-2002, 02:03 PM   #42
JenRN
USER INFO »
Seeing I am the same age as Scott, I would like to grow old with him!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-25-2002, 02:03 PM   #43
allison
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by hotforscott
I just read this online.
http://www.geocities.com/stappnet/hillaree...l?1038157523010

his statement at the end is almost identical to what has been said. i think that it says a lot about him and kind of shed's some light.

From Scott's quote at the end, it sounds like Hilaree is BAD NEWS. "There is a reason why I have been divorced for three years and have sole custody of our son." That is saying A LOT!

No, Marcos, thank YOU!
Old 11-25-2002, 02:10 PM   #44
hotforscott
USER INFO »
It really does say a lot because I think it tuned us all in a little more. I cannot wait for the next CD and the lyrics. I also cannot wait until 12/29 for the Chicago show. The 10 1/2 hour drive will be well worth it. Plus if I drive rather then fly, I have a lot more money for Creed stuff. Can't wait.
Old 11-25-2002, 02:16 PM   #45
Wind
USER INFO »
jaggar

By the sounds of this Hilaree I just hope she doesn't ever turn it on Jagger,to retaliate against Scott,because she knows how much his son means to him.It's to bad he can't just distance himself from her and all her baggage.