++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-26-2002, 06:46 PM   #1
Creeds#1
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Why is this album taking so long????

I mean WEATHERED came out what a little over a year after Human Clay?? This one will be THREE years difference??? DAMn
Old 11-26-2002, 07:08 PM   #2
hotforscott
USER INFO »
they are a band who is gonna strive to make each album better then the other, they have said that several times. they put their all into their work and i think they need some time to make this one kick ass. scott writes on life experiences and we all know he has plenty to write about, but with the time he has off, he will be able to think clearly of all that has happened and not just write about the frustrations he is feeling at the time. i think if it came out any sooner then it already is, we would have that "harder" album everyone wants, but probably have some very angry lyrics right along with it. the break they are taking will make the album well worth the wait.
Old 11-26-2002, 07:09 PM   #3
Read JDM
USER INFO »
Come on, man. Cut 'em some slack. You know how tough it's been on the road this year. Besides, if Weathered only came out a year ago, you're really asking for a lot. It wasn't only a year between albums last time.
Old 11-26-2002, 07:10 PM   #4
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, I think a long break would do them good. I want quality, not quantity.
Old 11-26-2002, 07:12 PM   #5
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
Yeah, I think a long break would do them good. I want quality, not quantity.

me too!!!!
Old 11-26-2002, 09:46 PM   #6
JenRN
USER INFO »
Me too!!!!! Quality for sure! Really don't think they would put out anything but that!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-26-2002, 09:55 PM   #7
franrn
USER INFO »
QUALITY!, good stuff is all they know to put out. plus with touring, the accident, Hilaree, and I'm sure Jagger keeps him busy when home. All work and no PLAY makes Scott a dull boy!
Old 11-26-2002, 10:31 PM   #8
Bullets
USER INFO »
Re: Why is this album taking so long????

Quote: Originally posted by Creeds#1
I mean WEATHERED came out what a little over a year after Human Clay?? This one will be THREE years difference??? DAMn

incorrect information there...Weathered came out 2 years, count em, TWO years after Human clay, Human Clay was November of '99, Weathered was November of '01...the new album is apparantly going to be released somewhere in 2004...but give the guys a break, as one said above, they write all their songs from personal experiences, they've just had one hell of a tour, they need a break to relax and fall back into the shadows then come bursting out with a new album there will be much holdover stuff in between though i'm sure, like the DVD scheduled for release early 2003 and a B-Sides album sometime in 2003 as well i believe..thats all for now..lata ya'll
Old 11-27-2002, 03:26 AM   #9
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Re: Why is this album taking so long????

Quote: Originally posted by Creeds#1
Why don't YOU write their album for them if you so DAMn anxious? Do you realize they've been out on TOUR for the past 12 months?? When do you suppose they'd find the time to sit and write down music and lyrics for the next album, in between sound checks? Maybe between the first set and the encore. Give these guys a break.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 11-27-2002, 07:03 AM   #10
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
don´t push it, dude!
You´re always here, agitating, creating hoaxes about the new album... they´re not robots...
And we have no right to demand a new album whenever we want... they´ll do it when they´re ready, when they want it to be... and I´m sure they will make great songs... they won´t release junk music just because their "fans" want new stuff...
Old 11-27-2002, 07:04 AM   #11
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Plus, after this tour, they´re supposed to release a B-sides album...
but new stuff, only in 2004, according to Mark´s statements...
Old 11-27-2002, 07:41 PM   #12
Creeds#1
USER INFO »
THEY HAVE NOT BEEN TOURING FOR THE LAST !2 months you idiots!!! Scott was hurt for about 3-5... theyve been touring from June-Now. That is (for the math in-abled) 5 months--- NOT 12 months...

...BTW: Bands have been known to wate a while then come out with crap. Ask a lot of well known bands (pearl jam, guns 'n roses...etc) when you take to long you think about the Album to much. You put to much time into it. Your not suppose to think about it. Your just suppose to do it from the mind and heart.

rememeber you may not like me as a guy but I am creed fan just like you all!
Old 11-27-2002, 07:52 PM   #13
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, well Jerry Cantrell took three years in between albums and his second solo effort is a much better effort than his first.

Scott had the accident in April and if they they picked up touring in June, that's not five months, and I tend to be math-challenged. I thought they started in July, but I may be wrong about that.

Even if you count the laryngitis, that's a couple of more weeks. That's three to FOUR months, tops. The point is that they were on schedule to tour all that time. I doubt he was writing lyrics while doing physical therapy after the accident.

With regard to your comments on "thinking too much" when writing, you are way off base. Rewriting and editing is a big part of most bands' writing process. It's a collaboration. Layne Staley and Jerry Cantrell of Alice In Chains talked about it at length in an interview years ago.

If you are going to make statements, BACK THEM UP with some sort of facts.

And please, dispense with the lame-a** name-calling. It's annoying.
Old 11-27-2002, 08:34 PM   #14
JenRN
USER INFO »
Dogstar.... you are so right in many ways!!! Especially when the band started the 2nd leg of the tour, it was July because I went to the opening show in Va Beach, longest Creed show I have been to yet, and Scott talked like crazy about it being their 1st show!!!!

I totally agree with your other comments about "backing up your statements" and annoying "name calling" it goes to show us all who are the mature respectalbe adults here!!!!! Creed fan or not, the snide comments#1 are not appreciated!!!! Hey I went to many Creed shows full of "so called fans" the true fans don't act like that!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 11-27-2002, 08:44 PM   #15
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Amen, Jen.