++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-07-2006, 10:06 PM   #61
Mr. Seeker
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: why we adore Scott

1. He's true to himself and his fans
2. He's a great father to Jagger
3. He has an amazing voice
4. Beautiful, deep eyes
5. It doesn't hurt that he's cute, does it?
Old 04-08-2006, 04:29 AM   #62
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) Well said, Titan. Even when confronted with Uncertain's ignorant anti-Stapp comments you remain rational.

And Uncertain, what evidence indicates Stapp is an egotistical maniac? Media evidence!! Yeah, I suppose you're right, they always call things right down the middle! They never twist the truth to sell papers etc!
we know who the ego maniac is don't we? or are we uncertain?
Old 04-08-2006, 06:13 AM   #63
Robin101
USER INFO »

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Old 04-08-2006, 02:30 PM   #64
titan9
USER INFO »

Now, now, now, let's not bash Uncertain. He just has a different opinion of Stapp than we do. I might not agree with what he is saying(well, I don't at all ) but, eh, he's got a right to his opinion.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 04-08-2006, 04:34 PM   #65
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Now, now, now, let's not bash Uncertain. He just has a different opinion of Stapp than we do. I might not agree with what he is saying(well, I don't at all ) but, eh, he's got a right to his opinion.

EXACTLY!!!! This is a message board and like I said before He has the right of voice his opinion here.

Anyway Titan ...I think your post to him (uncertain) started the polemic here...( when he put his opinion and you didnt agree with this...)
or maybe not...well this is my opinion.
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 04-08-2006 at 06:14 PM.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:04 PM   #66
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

ok, I'm not saying he's not worthy of anybodys affection, but I just can't say I "adore" any man.
I've been wanting to post on this one for a while and well he was the voice of CREED. I'll hold him in the highest regard as the focal point of CREED.........
He's cool I guess

-Homer Simpson

Old 04-08-2006, 06:09 PM   #67
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) ok, I'm not saying he's not worthy of anybodys affection, but I just can't say I "adore" any man.
I've been wanting to post on this one for a while and well he was the voice of CREED. I'll hold him in the highest regard as the focal point of CREED.........
He's cool I guess

Hey I was about to say the same thing...Im a fan of Stapp (of course my name explains ...) but I cant say that I ADORE him...I mean I realy like him as a singer/lyricist...but I dont know him personally, even though most of his recent attitudes were VERY disappointing...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 04-08-2006, 08:56 PM   #68
titan9
USER INFO »

Just to clarify my very first post in this thread: I don't adore any musician. That list refers to the reasons why I think Stapp is a good musician.

As for my original reply to Uncertain...I saw his post and felt that I had to respond to it. I always love a good debate, and I think, despite the weak Bonds analogy on Uncertain's part, that this has been a good, healthy debate. I always try to be as nice and respectful when voicing my opinion, so I sincerely hope that no one here has gotten offended by what I have said in this or any other thread on Creedfeed.

Old 04-08-2006, 09:43 PM   #69
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Weak Bonds analogy? I still do not get it. It is the same thing. People look at Bonds and say "Oh well there is no proof he took steroids". People look at Stapp and say "You can't KNOW he's a jerk".

They are the same thing. (As for your minor point about the grand jury testimony, first off, no one in their right minds thinks thatall he took was the cream and the clear, second, the fact that he says he "unknowingly" took these things is also ridiculous. The testimony has no bearing on the situation at all)
Old 04-08-2006, 09:43 PM   #70
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Quote: He's a great father to Jagger

Okay, let's use Stapp fans' favorite line:

That's his PERSONAL life!!!!!! You don't know anything about that!!!!!
Old 04-08-2006, 10:07 PM   #71
titan9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Weak Bonds analogy? I still do not get it. It is the same thing. People look at Bonds and say "Oh well there is no proof he took steroids". People look at Stapp and say "You can't KNOW he's a jerk".

They are the same thing. (As for your minor point about the grand jury testimony, first off, no one in their right minds thinks thatall he took was the cream and the clear, second, the fact that he says he "unknowingly" took these things is also ridiculous. The testimony has no bearing on the situation at all)

The Bonds analogy is weak. Bonds admitted he took the 'roids(whether that was "unknowningly" or not). It's been proven he's taken the 'roids. Stapp has been called a jerk. Some people who have met him have said he was a jerk. On the opposite spectrum, some who have met him have said how nice he was to them. Thus, Stapp being a "jerk" hasn't been proven. Case closed, as far as I'm concerned, the two can't be compared. You want to compare Stapp to someone? Compare him to Bono or some other guy thought of as being a "jerk". But comparing him to Bonds is just plain silly.

Until it is proven that Stapp is a jerk(which it hasn't been), I'm not going to believe that he's an evil, horrible guy. There are good stories and bad stories about him. Like everyone else(myself included), I am sure he has had bad days where he really doesn't feel like dealing with some people. But, he's also had those good days where he can charm just about anyone. It goes both ways for him.

Old 04-09-2006, 01:01 AM   #72
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Okay, let's use Stapp fans' favorite line:

That's his PERSONAL life!!!!!! You don't know anything about that!!!!!

Such a nice, little judgemental "Christian" you are.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:30 PM   #73
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) The Bonds analogy is weak. Bonds admitted he took the 'roids(whether that was "unknowningly" or not). It's been proven he's taken the 'roids. Stapp has been called a jerk. Some people who have met him have said he was a jerk. On the opposite spectrum, some who have met him have said how nice he was to them. Thus, Stapp being a "jerk" hasn't been proven. Case closed, as far as I'm concerned, the two can't be compared. You want to compare Stapp to someone? Compare him to Bono or some other guy thought of as being a "jerk". But comparing him to Bonds is just plain silly.

Until it is proven that Stapp is a jerk(which it hasn't been), I'm not going to believe that he's an evil, horrible guy. There are good stories and bad stories about him. Like everyone else(myself included), I am sure he has had bad days where he really doesn't feel like dealing with some people. But, he's also had those good days where he can charm just about anyone. It goes both ways for him.

A) I don't think Stapp is evil

B) I am sick of talking about Bonds but there is no evidence he took steroids. You cannot use a leaked grand jury testimony in which he says he might have unknowlingly took two steroids. There is not any hard proof. But his body shows otherwise.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:31 PM   #74
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Such a nice, little judgemental "Christian" you are.

I don't like Stapp.

But I don't want to murder him.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:48 PM   #75
titan9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) A) I don't think Stapp is evil

B) I am sick of talking about Bonds but there is no evidence he took steroids. You cannot use a leaked grand jury testimony in which he says he might have unknowlingly took two steroids. There is not any hard proof. But his body shows otherwise.

So, wait, are you trying to now defend Bonds? He admitted to taking the steroids, plain and simple. I don't care if it was "unknowningly", the bottom line is he took them. As for his body showing it, dude, it is possible to get ripped without steroids. Just because someone is ripped, that doesn't mean they've used an illegal way to accomplish that.

And I never claimed you thought that Stapp is evil. But some cynics do, and I was addressing those people.