++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-01-2006, 06:39 PM   #46
Robin101
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: why we adore Scott

Stapp may not be the greatest father in the world, but he isn't a bad one either.

He, like every mother or father, only does his best with what he knows.

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Old 04-01-2006, 08:49 PM   #47
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) you really are clueless uncertain but some things never change.

coming from a person who can't even put two sentences together...

I could call you an idiot all day but would that make me righT? No. Indeed, your complete lack of anything useful to say only lends more credibility to my statements, since clearly you lack the intelligence required to repsond to them in anyway except by coming up with one mroe useless line not at all relevant to the discussion.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:50 PM   #48
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) Stapp may not be the greatest father in the world, but he isn't a bad one either.

Okay, if I can somehow not know that Stapp *isn't* a good father, there is NO WAY ON EARTH anyone can know he IS a good one.

Quote: He, like every mother or father, only does his best with what he knows.

Not sure where you came up with that...
Old 04-01-2006, 10:14 PM   #49
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »

just shut up for awhile, could you at least try?
Old 04-02-2006, 12:13 AM   #50
titan9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) ^That is simply disgusting. It is like giving Larry King a father award.

You are correct Titan. Usually what goes on behind closed doors in celebrities lives is WORSE then what we initially hear.

You people are the same kind of people who can look at Barry Bonds and say with a straight face that he probably never took steroids.

Well, I'm exhausted(had a very long day, and for that matter, a long week) and I don't really feel like typing this, but I think I should. I'll try to be as concise and short as possible.

My whole point, Stephen, is that no one can say what kind of father Stapp is without witnessing what goes on behind closed doors. I cannot say whether or not he is a good father because I haven't seen it with my own eyes. I could assume that because of the fact he's a recovering alcoholic and has a ton of problems, that he is probably not world's greatest father, but because I prefer to focus on something about him I do know for sure(his music) I won't make those comments. I am sorry that you are trying to judge his ability as a father based on what he has done in public. I know for sure that if I were him, I wouldn't want people judging my ability as a father based on the stupid things I do in public. I don't think you would, either. Of course, this is just my opinion.

As for the Bonds comment...that's just ridiculous. It's like comparing apples to oranges. Bonds admitted in Federal Court that he took steroids. Stapp has NEVER said he is a bad father, and neither has anyone close to him(at least not that we know of). I'm insulted you even made that comment.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 04-02-2006, 09:26 AM   #51
Robin101
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer)

Every parent come only bring their child up to the best of their ability, with the knowledge they have at their disposal.

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Old 04-02-2006, 09:42 AM   #52
Robin101
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9)
My whole point, Stephen, is that no one can say what kind of father Stapp is without witnessing what goes on behind closed doors. I cannot say whether or not he is a good father because I haven't seen it with my own eyes. I could assume that because of the fact he's a recovering alcoholic and has a ton of problems, that he is probably not world's greatest father, but because I prefer to focus on something about him I do know for sure(his music) I won't make those comments. I am sorry that you are trying to judge his ability as a father based on what he has done in public. I know for sure that if I were him, I wouldn't want people judging my ability as a father based on the stupid things I do in public. I don't think you would, either. Of course, this is just my opinion.

As for the Bonds comment...that's just ridiculous. It's like comparing apples to oranges. Bonds admitted in Federal Court that he took steroids. Stapp has NEVER said he is a bad father, and neither has anyone close to him(at least not that we know of). I'm insulted you even made that comment.

I agree. I felt very awkward commenting on Stapp's parental skills when I don't even know him. But it annoys me when people criticise his parenting, period, let alone on a thread entitled 'why we adore Scott'.

Let's see...we still haven't commented on Stapp as a husband, brother or son...Oh, what about his bedroom skills - that should make an excellent topic for discussion!

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
~ The Trapeze Swinger

Last edited by Robin101 : 04-02-2006 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:45 PM   #53
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Okay, if I can somehow not know that Stapp *isn't* a good father, there is NO WAY ON EARTH anyone can know he IS a good one.

Good ol' Uncertain... always living his life through Christ's righteousness...
Old 04-03-2006, 12:19 AM   #54
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

This is a message board....so I dont see why Stephen cant voice his opinion...Just because you dont agree with this...By the way this is called democracy Chase!
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 04-03-2006, 08:34 AM   #55
Robin101
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) This is a message board....so I dont see why Stephen cant voice his opinion...Just because you dont agree with this...By the way this is called democracy Chase!

Chase, I think you have a cyber stalker!!

Ha Ha Ha - just a bit of fun.

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Old 04-03-2006, 11:10 PM   #56
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp

Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) Chase, I think you have a cyber stalker!!

Ha Ha Ha - just a bit of fun.

LOL!!!!!

NO!! NO!! I love Chase... but...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 04-07-2006, 04:46 PM   #57
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Good ol' Uncertain... always living his life through Christ's righteousness...

Not quite sure what you mean by this. I could make a lot of comments about your behavior but I will refrain.

And Titan by making the Bond's analogy I was referring to the fact that only an idiot would look at Bonds and say "uh, he never took steroids!", because ALL THE EVIDENCE points toward the side that he did.

In the same way, Stapp lovers look at Stapp and say "oh he's a great guy" even though all of the evidence points toward him being an egotisitcal maniac who no one likes to be around, is clearly an alchoholic, has been on drugs, etc. etc.

It is just a viewpoint inconsistent with evidence.

And one thing about the parents being the best they can be; people like to think that, but unfortunately many parents are not the best they can be. I am lucky to have wonderful parents but not everyone is so lucky.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:07 PM   #58
titan9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) And Titan by making the Bond's analogy I was referring to the fact that only an idiot would look at Bonds and say "uh, he never took steroids!", because ALL THE EVIDENCE points toward the side that he did.

In the same way, Stapp lovers look at Stapp and say "oh he's a great guy" even though all of the evidence points toward him being an egotisitcal maniac who no one likes to be around, is clearly an alchoholic, has been on drugs, etc. etc.

It is just a viewpoint inconsistent with evidence.

Uncertain....I just don't know where to begin with addressing this post. A lot of people who say Stapp is a great guy(and I'm ignoring the musical aspect when I'm saying this) have probably met him. I've heard stories(from those who met him) of how nice he was, how personable he was etc. He gives off this "nice guy" attitude to these particular people, and so they say how he's a good guy. But then you've got these other people who say how much of a jerk he is. It really goes either way with Stapp; he's capable of being both the most charming guy around and a complete jerk.

Here's what's been proven:
Stapp almost killed himself
Stapp was addicted to drugs
Stapp's an alcoholic

Here's what's been said(but NOT proven!):
Stapp's a jerk
Stapp's an egomaniac that no one likes to be around

The latter two things are OPINIONS, and aren't facts. Those who say that Stapp is a good guy aren't idiots for saying that. The Bonds thing is irrelavant because it does not relate to Stapp. Bonds is being crucified by the media for something that he ADMITTED to doing! Stapp is being crucified by many people for supposedly being a jerk, something that hasn't been proven. The Bonds analogy doesn't apply here.

Let's get back on topic, though. There is no way to prove that Stapp is a bad parent or that he is a good parent. Only those CLOSE to him know whether he is or is not a good parent. Which is why I think it is flippin' ridiculous to discuss his ability as a parent. We don't know what goes on.

I'm sick of people picking on Stapp's personal life. I refuse to judge something that I do not know; besides, as a Christian who sins, it is not my place to judge someone who sins like I do.

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) And one thing about the parents being the best they can be; people like to think that, but unfortunately many parents are not the best they can be. I am lucky to have wonderful parents but not everyone is so lucky.

I have a wonderful mother. She has been there for me since day one. I admit, she isn't world's greatest mother as she has made her share of mistakes. But you know what? SHE TRIES HER HARDEST TO BE THE BEST MOTHER SHE CAN BE! How the heck do we know that Stapp doesn't try his hardest to be the best father he can be? We don't, which is why it is stupid to even be discussing this.

All of this, of course, being my opinion.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 04-07-2006, 05:19 PM   #59
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Uncertain....I just don't know where to begin with addressing this post. A lot of people who say Stapp is a great guy(and I'm ignoring the musical aspect when I'm saying this) have probably met him. I've heard stories(from those who met him) of how nice he was, how personable he was etc. He gives off this "nice guy" attitude to these particular people, and so they say how he's a good guy. But then you've got these other people who say how much of a jerk he is. It really goes either way with Stapp; he's capable of being both the most charming guy around and a complete jerk.

Here's what's been proven:
Stapp almost killed himself
Stapp was addicted to drugs
Stapp's an alcoholic

Here's what's been said(but NOT proven!):
Stapp's a jerk
Stapp's an egomaniac that no one likes to be around

The latter two things are OPINIONS, and aren't facts. Those who say that Stapp is a good guy aren't idiots for saying that. The Bonds thing is irrelavant because it does not relate to Stapp. Bonds is being crucified by the media for something that he ADMITTED to doing! Stapp is being crucified by many people for supposedly being a jerk, something that hasn't been proven. The Bonds analogy doesn't apply here.

Let's get back on topic, though. There is no way to prove that Stapp is a bad parent or that he is a good parent. Only those CLOSE to him know whether he is or is not a good parent. Which is why I think it is flippin' ridiculous to discuss his ability as a parent. We don't know what goes on.

I'm sick of people picking on Stapp's personal life. I refuse to judge something that I do not know; besides, as a Christian who sins, it is not my place to judge someone who sins like I do.

I have a wonderful mother. She has been there for me since day one. I admit, she isn't world's greatest mother as she has made her share of mistakes. But you know what? SHE TRIES HER HARDEST TO BE THE BEST MOTHER SHE CAN BE! How the heck do we know that Stapp doesn't try his hardest to be the best father he can be? We don't, which is why it is stupid to even be discussing this.

All of this, of course, being my opinion.
very well said, thank you!
I met Stapp in las vegas and he was very laid back, very nice and I think he is really putting in an effort to be a better man.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:35 PM   #60
Robin101
USER INFO »

Well said, Titan. Even when confronted with Uncertain's ignorant anti-Stapp comments you remain rational.

And Uncertain, what evidence indicates Stapp is an egotistical maniac? Media evidence!! Yeah, I suppose you're right, they always call things right down the middle! They never twist the truth to sell papers etc!

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
~ The Trapeze Swinger