++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 02-08-2005, 06:28 AM   #256
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Daily Bread

February 8th

"Reflection time."

We often talk about the privileges of being a child of God, forgiveness, salvation, a future in heaven with him, the gift of the Holy Spirit, and ultimate victory when Christ comes. One of the greatest privileges we get, however, is the opportunity to act toward those who dislike and hate us in a way that reflects the character of God himself. Anyone can return hate for hate, but it takes a child of God to return a blessing and a prayer for their enemies.

[Jesus said,] "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven."

Matthew 5:43-45

Heaven

Old 02-08-2005, 11:30 AM   #257
creedsister
USER INFO »
matt.5.17
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 02-09-2005, 06:16 AM   #258
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Daily Bread

February 9th

"Can any good come from suffering?"

Suffering, while it is not welcome, can be a form of spiritual body-building, building our endurance and ability to handle even more difficult circumstances.

For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow... for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be strong in character and ready for anything.

James 1:3-4

Heaven

Old 02-09-2005, 09:32 AM   #259
creedsister
USER INFO »
Suffer On within suffering we can never over look those who suffer as well and through our suffering it may not before nothing as we can comfort those which who are suffering And those who mourn ISA ch.61.1.2
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 02-09-2005, 12:41 PM   #260
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
hmmm...suffering, in a way like doing "biblical" pushups......not a pleasant experience, but worth it in the end... heaven...

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing
Old 02-10-2005, 06:22 AM   #261
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) Suffer On within suffering we can never over look those who suffer as well and through our suffering it may not before nothing as we can comfort those which who are suffering And those who mourn ISA ch.61.1.2

Indeed!

Heaven

Old 02-10-2005, 06:22 AM   #262
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Daily Bread

February 10th

"Love"

Love - in the week before Valentine's Day we want to remember the real meaning of love. Without the motivation and expression of love, all "Christian" activities are more "activity" than Christian. Love is the expression of Christ's character and presence in our lives through deeds done for others.

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

1 Corinthians 13:1-3

Heaven

Old 02-10-2005, 11:22 AM   #263
creedsister
USER INFO »
Love one another the way i have loved you
Old 02-11-2005, 06:24 AM   #264
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Daily Bread

February 11th

"A New Hero."

When I was a boy, I used to dream of being like my favorite comic book hero. With super powers, I knew I'd be unstoppable. No one could pick on me, no one could tell me what to do, and everybody would love me. As I grew older, I grew sad to realize that no superhero life lay in my future.

Superheroes were just myths...

Then, one day, I found a new kind of hero. A friend of mine gave me a New Testament and asked me to read it. I was swept into a world where sin and evil came to an end, where good really did win, and where love was the strongest power of all. And the best thing was, everyone who believed could be a hero, too.

We need to choose our heroes carefully. Only one hero is worthy of our praise and allegiance, and that is Jesus Christ. Jesus will save us from our enemies, and He will set all things right. Follow Him, and He will grant you a power beyond belief.

I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

Psalm 18:3

Heaven

Old 02-11-2005, 10:08 AM   #265
creedsister
USER INFO »
Old 02-12-2005, 07:56 AM   #266
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Daily Bread

February 12th

"Always love."

Always love - pretty tall order and pretty tough stuff. Only God is "always." But then Christians are fueled to a always love through the Holy Spirit! Check out the promised source of "always" love in Romans 5:5.

Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

1 Corinthians 13:6-7

Heaven

Old 02-12-2005, 10:35 AM   #267
creedsister
USER INFO »
Old 02-12-2005, 11:22 AM   #268
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

1 Corinthians 13:6-7

one of my favorite verses...thanks, heaven...

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing
Old 02-13-2005, 09:43 AM   #269
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) one of my favorite verses...thanks, heaven...
Me too!!!

Heaven

Old 02-13-2005, 09:44 AM   #270
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Daily Bread

February 13th

"God pursues us with his love."

A healthy definition of love is crucial to understanding the central message of the Bible. According to the Bible, love is not confined to sexuality, nor is it primarily a feeling at all. The Bible teaches that love is a commitment. Therefore, it is not dependent on good feelings, but on a consistent and courageous decision to extend oneself for the well-being of another. That commitment then produces good feelings, not the other way around.

Jesus became the perfect demonstration of God's unconditional love for us by laying down his life for our benefit.

I will be your God throughout your lifetime, until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you.

Isaiah 46:4

Heaven