++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 09-02-2007, 08:18 AM   #1771
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

September 2nd

"God's family."

Those of us who have been Christians a long time sometimes forget that we have no claim or right to the grace we have received. When we feel we deserve it, that it is ours by right, it is no longer grace and we no longer have it. To be a part of God's family is grace. Our lives are a gift from the Holy One who spoke into existence the universe (in which we are) and who knows how to share and love in ways we can't even imagine.

"You are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household."

Ephesians 2:19

Heaven

Old 09-03-2007, 09:06 AM   #1772
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

September 3rd

"Guide me."

I sometimes long for the pillar of fire at night and the cloud by day to guide me as I make my way through this world. But I am reminded of God's abiding presence in the Spirit and his promise to never forsake me. I believe that if I seek his glory he will get me where I need to be to do his will.

This is what the Lord says - your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go."

Isaiah 48:17

Heaven

Old 09-04-2007, 06:19 AM   #1773
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

September 4th

"He will set all things right."

It is easy to begrudge others their fortune when they are no more deserving to them than we are. Yet, God calls us to rejoice in the triumphs of others, and to await His justice rather than seeking our own. Often we must wait a long time, but the justice of the Lord will prevail, and those who once kept us down will be made a footstool for our feet.

The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Psalm 110:1

Heaven

Old 09-05-2007, 06:04 AM   #1774
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

September 5th

"God's mercy as a quick fix?"

God wants to show us abundant mercy, but he is looking for those who will gratefuly accept it and allow it to change the way they live. Do you want God's mercy as a quick fix? God is not interested in sharing his mercy with those who simply need a quick fix for the problems their sinful lifestyles have created. Such people have no intention of accepting God's mercy as a new lease on life; they are simply looking for a way to save themselves from deserved consequences.

These verses make it clear that God's mercy is extended to those whose hearts are sincere:

After giving instructions to completely destroy a town, including its people and livestock, should the people of Israel be enticed to turn to the worship of foreign gods, Moses tells the people: Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the Lord will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors.

The Lord your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him.

Deuteronomy 13:12-18

Heaven

Old 09-06-2007, 06:14 AM   #1775
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

September 6th

"Testimonies."

The power of the stories of people's lives is immense. We are walking through this life together. Others share our experiences and pains and joys, but most of the time we are totally unaware of them. Proclaim your faith and the power of Jesus Christ in your life. Share your story. Praise the Lord with your whole heart here, and in the assembly of the upright. You will find new unity through the grace of Jesus Christ.

Praise ye the Lord. I will praise the Lord with my whole heart, in the assembly of the upright, and in the congregation.

Psalm 111:1

Heaven

Old 09-08-2007, 10:39 AM   #1776
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

September 8th

"The race."

To help us achieve a strong finish in our race of faith, Jesus Christ promised that "Whoever confesses Me before men, him the Son of Man will also confess before the angels of God." You too can finish the race well by eagerly confessing Christ before others.

Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone, everywhere.

Mark 16:15

"'You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

Matthew 22:37-38

Heaven

Old 09-09-2007, 08:57 AM   #1777
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

September 9th

"Worthy of respect!"

What a goal for our lives whether we are men or women! Don't you want your life to reflect the character of God because our faith expresses itself in a life of self-control? This work of the Spirit in our lives happens only as we dedicate ourselves to being what he is at work trying to accomplish in us.

Teach the older men to be temperate, worthy of respect, self-controlled, and sound in faith, in love, and in endurance.

Titus 2:2

Heaven

Old 09-10-2007, 06:14 AM   #1778
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

September 10th

"From this day forward..."

At various times in our lives, the reality of Christ will come crashing through the ordinariness of our days. From those times we face life anew; changed at the very core of our being. We move forward in a new, deeper, strengthened relationship with the Lord.

Blessed by the name of the Lord from this time forth and for evermore.

Psalm 113:2

Heaven

Old 09-11-2007, 06:17 AM   #1779
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

September 11th

"Majestic Architect."

In a world of startling beauty and a universe of dazzling diversity, our hearts are to be drawn back to the One who made it and now sustains it. He knows us and will help us if we will believe what he has tried so many ways to say: "I love you as my child and I care what happens to you and those you love."

I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.

Psalm 121:1-2

Heaven

Old 09-11-2007, 11:27 AM   #1780
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »
From This Day Foward

GLORY TO GOD, Oh we he COME CRASHING ...like a mighty gushing wind you know he is preparing for you FOR THESE THINGS IN OUR LIFES THAT IN OUR EVERYDAY IN THE ORDANAIRY im going scream IN THE ORDANAIRY school work paying bills dealing with family friends loved one who just seem like they need all of you IM GOING SAY MIGHTY GUSHING WIND AND FIGHTS THE ORDANAIRY, for the demons and the princofpalties WE MUST FIGHT DAILY WE,VE FOUGHT,EM BEFORE GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYY OLD AND NEW u ever notice how the old demos always knoweth THE NEW ONES GLORYYYYYYYYYY even if they speak their language this old breed of demons with new ones ITS Like Young Destroyers meeting With The Old School Of These Legions And Forces BUT MY BROTHER That Dont Matter You SEE AS LONG AS WE GO FOWARD IN HIM , because there misson is the same TO PULL YOU DOWN TO THE PITS OF HELL AND KEEP YOU THERE MIGHTY GUSHING WIND when Our Lord Arose On The 3rd day THESE LEGIONS OF LIARS WITCHCRAFT ADULTREY FORNICATION AND BLASMPHERS THOSE WHO IF THEY HAD THEIR WAY WOULD CALL ALL THATS HOLY EVIL AND DEFILE GLORY TO GOD THEY AROSE WITH HIM TO SHAME HIS SPIRT HAS IT WAS BEING GLORIFIED UNTO HIS FATHER AND GOD SENT THEME OUT INTO THE WORLD TO WORK THROUGH ALL OF HIS CHOOSEN GLORY AND I CAN HEAR MY GOD NOW PROCLAMING GLORY IF YOU CAN OVER COME THE OVER COMER BRING ME REPORT OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GLORY THEY YOU BRING ME PROOF THE ONE PLACE YOU CANT IN HIM IN THE WORD OF GOD THAT U TRY TO TWIST BRING UP YOUR FAIRY TALES BRING YOUR THEROYOLGISTS SHOW UNTO ME THE ONES WHO TRIED AND WERE NEVER WRITTEN OH DONT WE FEEL,EM TODAY TRYING TO TAKE WHAT ALL IS HIS GLORY, And Has We Grow In Him HE WILL PREPARE US FOR THESE PRINCEOFPALTIES AND GIVE US THAT OVERCOMEING STRENEGHTH OF HIS HOLY GHOST YES i dont care how much of cryed bled and fell and got up IN OUR FLESH WE WILL BE SUBJECT TO NOT KEEP UP THIS FIGHT But The One Thing GLORY TO GOD I CANT FORGET IS I LOVE YA LORD OH HOW WORTHY ARE YOU TO BE PRAISED FOR MANY SHALL SAY WHERE IS THOU GOD AND HE WHO HAS PROCLAMIED GLORY AWSOME post brother david
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 09-12-2007, 05:59 AM   #1781
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

September 12th

"Rejoice!"

Joy is found in the Lord, not in things. Joy is found in knowing that he always accompanies, sustains, helps, protects, and upholds us. How can we not rejoice?

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again, Rejoice!

Philippians 4:4

Heaven

Old 09-13-2007, 05:52 AM   #1782
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

September 13th

"Unity and harmony are no accident!"

Think about it... they happen because of intention and submission. It gets better. More than just states of being, they are commanded by God. So how do we have unity and harmony? Peter reminds us that we must have three commitments 1) actively share concern with those who grieve; 2) share love just like a healthy family does; and 3) show compassion rather than arrogance as we deal with others failures toward us.

Live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble.

1 Peter 3:8

Heaven

Old 09-14-2007, 06:00 AM   #1783
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

September 14th

"Let the fool choke on them."

This story is about an Episcopal clergyman who took a seat in a dining car on a train traveling along the Hudson River. It happened that opposite him was an atheist. Seeing the clerical collar of his companion, he set out to argue with him and begun thus: "I see, sir, that your are a clergyman." "Yes," was the reply. "I am a minister of the Gospel." There was a pause, after which the atheist said: "I suppose, then, that you believe the Bible."

Now the clergyman was a man of sound, scriptural faith, so that he replied: "I do believe the Bible to be the Word of God." Immediately there came a query: "But don't you find things in the Bible that you can't understand?" The minister answered humbly: "Yes, there are places in the Scripture too hard for me to understand." The athiest retorted with an air of triumph, thinking he had his companion cornered: "Well, what do you do then?"

Quietly the minister went on eating his luncheon, which happened to be Hudson River shad, a delicious fish, but noted for the over-development of its bony structure. Then he looked up and said: "I do, sir, just as I do when eating this shad. When I come to the bones, I put them to the side of the plate and go on enjoying my lunch, leaving the bones for some fool to choke on."

~Frank E. Gaebelien

I know his instructions lead to eternal life…

John 12:50

Have a great weekend gang!!!

Heaven

Old 09-15-2007, 06:21 AM   #1784
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

September 15th

"How do you know God is at home in your heart?"

You know when you are doing loving things to bless the lives of others! Just as we trust and rely on God's constant love for us, our brothers and sisters in Christ need love expressed to them, too!

We know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.

1 John 4:16

Heaven

Old 09-16-2007, 07:13 AM   #1785
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

September 16th

"Think you are smart?"

Wisdom is proven right by the character of a loving lifestyle. It is so easy, however, for someone to be arrogantly intelligent and be dumber than a post at spiritual wisdom. Which are you closer to in your walk with Jesus; wisdom expressed through humble and loving lifestyle or smart with feelings of superiority and arrogance?

Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom.

James 3:13

Heaven