++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-19-2006, 09:58 AM   #31
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Who wrote the lyrics for the songs of Creed?

Nagpo! Have you seen it? I was going to say that Stapp said that in the sextape... Haven't seen it myself :P He he he...
Old 02-19-2006, 10:03 AM   #32
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

IamFilthy... I KNOW WHAT MARK HAVE SAID... But he was controled by Stapp as far as I'm conserned... Look at it this way, when he was with Creed he was controled by Stapp and wasn't aloud to say what he realy wanted. When he was "free from Stapp" he said what he realy wanted to say. I mean, he can write, he's proven that. The songs for ODR wasn't supose to be for AB but for Creed since when he started writing them he hadn't a thought of Creed breaking up.

"Stapp wrote the VAST majority of MOP. Let's face it,...Tremonti is not a good lyricist. He has said so himself along with ODR speaking loudly as well." What the F are you talking abuot... ODR speaking loudly as well? If you think ODR sucks you can't realy like TGD! I mean those lyrics are so lame... He keeps reapeating himself over and over again doesn't he. The lyrics are realy lame and NOT as complex at all as Creeds lyrics were, ODR lyrics are (IMO) more complex and therefor more suiteble as Creed lyrics then TGD.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:05 AM   #33
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

Robin, you said that MARK is trying to write to much like Stapp... I'd say the opposite, Stapp is trying to sound to much like Mark...
Old 02-19-2006, 10:35 AM   #34
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve

Just a note: I did have my previous statement backward. It seems according to Michael Tremonti that Scott did about 90% of the lyrics on the MOP and Mark contributed more lyrics on the other albums. See this thread which has some good conversation regarding this:

http://www.creedfeed.com/community/s...ead.php?t=5560

Take a close look at page 3. Michael (Gabriel) makes a good post describing how two songs were done. He mentions that for Bullets Mark had the entire song music-wise written but had no idea regarding lyrics and how they should be sung. But on One Last Breath, Mark had everything written out - music, melodies, and lyrics - and Scott took Mark's lyrics and rearranged them and added new verses. He finishes his statement by saying that in general they both contributed.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 02-19-2006, 10:53 AM   #35
titan9
USER INFO »

Thank you, Steve. I knew I read that somewhere, but I couldn't think of where. If Michael Tremonti himself has said that Stapp wrote 90% of the lyrics on MOP....then why do so many people still dispute that? After all, Michael is a trusted source...so why not trust what he has said?

I do agree with IAmFilthy: the lyrics on ODR, as far as I'm concerned, are subpar when compared to the first two Creed albums. The lyrics are a bit too generic and simplistic for my liking. Not everyone will agree with this, and I understand that, but this is the way that I, as an AB fan, feel about it. I really hope that Myles writes most of the lyrics on the next album because, based on ODR, Mark's lyrics do nothing for me. And this coming from a huge Mark fan. I think he's a great guitarist, but an average lyricist. Which is why I'll always prefer Myles or Scott Stapp's lyrics above Mark's. Just personal preference, I guess.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 02-19-2006, 12:39 PM   #36
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) Nagpo! Have you seen it? I was going to say that Stapp said that in the sextape... Haven't seen it myself :P He he he...
i saw the 50 second tape. i didint have the volume up though(i didint want my parents to hear lol) but i read in articles he says "its good to be the king". if u wanna see the movie all u have to do is type it in google...
Old 02-19-2006, 02:07 PM   #37
IamFilthy
USER INFO »

Mark added a few words and phrases and that's it....he has said that
I've been living a double life
Old 02-19-2006, 02:08 PM   #38
Robin101
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) i saw the 50 second tape. i didint have the volume up though(i didint want my parents to hear lol) but i read in articles he says "its good to be the king". if u wanna see the movie all u have to do is type it in google...

I don't think I'll be watching the full version when it surfaces on the net - I couldn't listen to his music without a mental picture of his....well, you know!

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Old 02-19-2006, 02:12 PM   #39
Robin101
USER INFO »

Well, there's only one thing I can say after so much evidence supporting my opinion.......

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING!!

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Old 02-19-2006, 03:47 PM   #40
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) I don't think I'll be watching the full version when it surfaces on the net - I couldn't listen to his music without a mental picture of his....well, you know!
yeah, even seeing the clip wich had no nudity in it still kind of ruind his music for me. just because of the positions\ he was in with the girl and he was smiling at the camera. i regret seeing that vid.
Old 02-19-2006, 03:48 PM   #41
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) Well, there's only one thing I can say after so much evidence supporting my opinion.......

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING!!
im gonna put that qoute on a shirt with a pic of stapp. hillariuose(sp)
Old 02-19-2006, 03:58 PM   #42
crest tattoo
USER INFO »

I'm with you! I regret seeing it too.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:47 PM   #43
titan9
USER INFO »

I'm glad to say I haven't seen the video and won't watch it because I feel it would taint things even more for me as a fan. Based on what you guys are saying, it's not a pretty sight at all. Just the story alone and the thought of a tape existing has kinda changed the way I listen to the music(the lyrics and vocals, mainly), and the way I look at Stapp. The fact that he seemed so comfortable to be taped doing this stuff just disgusts and disappoints me.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 02-20-2006, 08:11 AM   #44
MissSeeker
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I'm glad to say I haven't seen the video and won't watch it because I feel it would taint things even more for me as a fan. Based on what you guys are saying, it's not a pretty sight at all. Just the story alone and the thought of a tape existing has kinda changed the way I listen to the music(the lyrics and vocals, mainly), and the way I look at Stapp. The fact that he seemed so comfortable to be taped doing this stuff just disgusts and disappoints me.

Me too...

"...in the frozen night I prayed, for a touch of warmth so long delayed...
Old 02-20-2006, 08:57 AM   #45
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

Thanks steve, I did a calc on this and it seems I have to give up, Mark had only written 1,1 songs on MOP... But he did more acording to Gabriel, (The first verse and chorus for Whats This Life For. Chorus for Pity For a Dime. I think thats about it on that cd)

I give you MOP... But what about Human Clay and Weathered? It seems that Mark wrote more then you think/thought but less then I thought...