++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-23-2003, 09:52 PM   #1
hide
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
what songs will we never hear again?

i'm not sure if many of these have ever been played but here goes!

sister
ode
never die
inside us all
lullaby
then there are the unreleased songs such as Mark's song to his wife, the 9/11 song, brother of mine, nothing etc:

Because Creed basically plays their new album and the hits from previous albums their are many songs that will only be played sparingly if at all. I would really love it if they mixed up their sets.
Old 10-23-2003, 10:37 PM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Me, too. I have some boots from the earlier days and I sure wish they'd play Illusion more. That song was kick-a** live! What a vibe!
Old 10-23-2003, 10:43 PM   #3
Jez
USER INFO »
The only one off of your list up there that I haven't seen live is Inside Us All. I don't know if they've ever done that one live.

Thinking about them dropping songs from the setlist on the next tour makes me pretty unhappy. But they ARE goign to have to drop quite a few after they release new material in order to fit them onto the roster. I cannot imagine which of the standards that we love to see live they will choose not to play.
Am I the only one that is saddened by the prospect of losing those live songs that move us?

Creed~~Bullets
Old 10-23-2003, 10:50 PM   #4
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well, they could play more than 90 minutes ...I think most of the set lists were 18 or fewer songs. In contrast, Pearl Jam played almost 30 songs at the show I saw. I know their schedule for the Weathered tour was nuts, but with better planning and a good voice coach, they could do longer shows.
Old 10-23-2003, 11:11 PM   #5
Jez
USER INFO »
Yeah, that would be ideal, Dogstar A three hour show with no opener (and no seats, only rail..lol) would be my idea of heaven!

Creed~~Bullets
Old 10-23-2003, 11:29 PM   #6
hide
USER INFO »
a longer show would be fantastic perhaps a smarter schedule would be better with longer rests for Scott's voice. Mark, Brett and Flip could go all night as long as Stapp's voice holds up 3 hours would be no problem. I remember reading that they considered dropping WAWO last tour but the crowds wanted it and I guess so many would go there just to see that song and other favourites.

However they can easily rotate the fan favourites. They can choose 3 or 4 of their big singles ie:WAWO, Higher, My Sacrifice, OLB, MOP, WTLF etc and not play all of them. This way they can play more album tracks, b-sides and hopefully pull out some unreleased stuff.
Old 10-23-2003, 11:47 PM   #7
Marty
USER INFO »
If Creed becomes like Led Zeppelin, eventually they'll be touring alone, and playing as long as 4 hours. Now that would be worth every penny.
________
ALPINA

Last edited by Marty : 09-17-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-24-2003, 12:18 AM   #8
hide
USER INFO »
I think they should continue to to bring supporting acts that way we get to find new bands, up and coming bands and some of Creed's fav artists such as Jerry Cantrall and Sevendust. They can have a supporting act and play longer.
Old 10-24-2003, 01:32 AM   #9
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, I don't mind openers, because most bands start out that way. You never know when a band might blow you away. And hearing them live gives you a true sense of their talent because in the studio, a lot can be fixed.
Old 10-24-2003, 02:06 AM   #10
hide
USER INFO »
exactly right but at times the opening bands have next to no energy such as Johnny Marr and the Healers. I respect his work with The Smiths but they were quite boring. Creed has had some great acts such as Jerry Cantrall, Sevendust, OLP, Oleander etc.
Old 10-24-2003, 02:29 AM   #11
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, in fact the band I saw with the Mars Volta was lame, but they were lame musically more than anything else, which would drain any energy they might have. Good openers can be key. On New Year's Eve, Three Doors Down opened for Creed and SubmerseD, and they were a lot of fun.
Old 10-24-2003, 02:50 AM   #12
hide
USER INFO »
oh Creed have already played with SubmereD cool I didn't know that and I enjoy 3DD though I haven't bought any of their stuff yet. An opener can set the mood but the fairly lame act for PJ didn't detract at all from their performance.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:24 AM   #13
tremonti.net
USER INFO »
I think it would be great if Submersed opened for Creed for the whole tour (or something like that).
________
Property Insurance Dicussion
________
New mexico marijuana dispensary

Last edited by tremonti.net : 04-06-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:37 AM   #14
hide
USER INFO »
for sure that would be fantastic, I presume their touring drummer will be with them but Flip jumping on the kit for one or two songs would be awesome. Virgos would also be great and that way Brother of Mine can be pulled out, but that can also happen without them.

Sevendust were supposed to come out last time to Australia but I also wouldn't mind seeing a new band.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:46 AM   #15
tremonti.net
USER INFO »
It would be cool if Sevendust opened. I'm a fan of them.
________
________
Hairy Pussy Webcams

Last edited by tremonti.net : 04-06-2011 at 09:48 PM.