++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 03-05-2003, 11:13 AM   #1
marlsy
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Amazing story....Creed fan needs our blessings...

Got this off the pitt, thought we could send some love to her also.

The local radio station in Norfolk, Virginia broadcast a piece last week about a little girl who suffered a brain stem hemmorhage in December. While she is making a slow but none the less remarkable recovery, she remains hospitalized at Children's Hospital of Kings Daughters in Norfolk. Her name is Taylor and she is 9 years old and a huge CREED FAN! Despite the nurses playing Christmas carols at her bedside, she could only shake her head. It wasn't until her mom promised to bring and play her CREED cd's that she opened her eyes!

I am posting part of the email I received from her stepmom so you can read the details for yourself:

..on 12/13/02 (yes, Friday the 13th) she collapsed at school and was transported to the hospital. They did a CT scan and found that she had suffered a brain hemorrhage on her brainstem. There were serious concerns about whether she would pull through, but she continues to amaze the doctors daily.

On Saturday (12/14), she started responding to questions with nods.....the nurses were playing Christmas CDs so her mom asked her if she could hear the music and she nodded "yes"; then her mom asked if she wanted me to pick up some of her CDs from home and she again nodded "yes"; finally here mom asked if she wanted to hear Creed and Taylor nodded her head really big and opened both of her eyes!!!

They started playing Creed for her the next day and her dad told me that she actually lifted her finger when the music started to play. Almost every time we asked her if she wanted to hear music, she wanted to hear Creed. Taylor started talking on New Year's Eve while still in ICU.

People from all over the hospital would stop by her room just to hear her say "hi" because everyone was amazed at her progress. Here is something truly amazing......just a few days after she started talking, her dad starting singing these words "what is right or wrong, I don't know who to believe in" and Taylor said "In America"!!!! This isn't one of the CDs that I had brought to the hospital and we were floored that she could remember so much stuff.

It doesn't seem like Taylor has lost ANY of her memory except for the part that want her to forget (i.e. intubation and the initial trauma-----they medicated her pretty heavily for this stuff). Taylor now suffers from stroke-like symptoms-----------she is weakened on the right side but is starting to regain some sensation and the muscles in the left side of her face aren't working yet. The doctors are amazed at Taylor's progress and they feel that she will make a good recovery but we have a VERY long road ahead of us. She has a very busy schedule each day, including Occupational therapy, Speech therapy and Physical therapy, plus she is enrolled in a hospital school program.

Sorry........I know that I'm writing a book, but I get excited when I talk about Taylor's progress and the miracle of her recovery thus far.

Thank you so much for your interest in Taylor and your willingness to post on Creedpit. I know that Taylor would love to hear from fellow Creed fans.

The morning guys on FM99 contacted CREED and the band sent Taylor an autographed poster! Her stepmom thinks she would love to hear from other fans. Her school has a website with a dreambook where you can post messages for Taylor. The address is www.gloriadei.net/CHURCH/TAYLOR.HTM
Because it is uncertain how long Taylor will be at CHKD, please send Taylor's mail to

Taylor Adkins
1032 Whippingham Parkway
Carrollton, VA 23314
Old 03-05-2003, 11:29 AM   #2
JenRN
USER INFO »
WOW!!! What a story! The healing power of music! Creed touches so many, if she got like that when she heard the music imagine how she would get if she met them! That hospital is a great one, I am familiar with it living here in VA! I hope her recovery is speedy she will be in my thoughts!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 03-05-2003, 02:10 PM   #3
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
cool!

I signed their dreambook...
poor girl!
Old 03-05-2003, 02:26 PM   #4
JenRN
USER INFO »
I just signed her dream book too, it is really cool!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 03-05-2003, 03:18 PM   #5
creedchick02
USER INFO »
I signed to "WOW" is all i can say at the moment
now does it scare you, that i'm able to decern? what to love and what to burn'
i'll add fuel to the fire now,
stand back, brother take your hand back,
leave it and i might crack
more than a smile or two, you see
don't judge what you don't understand,
you can't deny what has been given to me~~~~~Fear ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/creedchick020
Old 03-05-2003, 09:29 PM   #6
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Wow, Marlsy, what an incredible story. I just love what music can do! She is quite a trooper, and obviously a young woman with good musical taste .
Old 03-05-2003, 09:41 PM   #7
hotforscott
USER INFO »
That is an incredible story. I will have to sign the book and drop her a line in the mail. I may have something special to send her, Creed-wise. What a sweet little girl and it's sad that it has happened. WAWO should have it on their site.