++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-03-2010, 12:07 PM   #1
bilal
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Alter Bridge & Slash - Rise Today

Slash in a surprise appearance at Alter Bridge Concert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqynAZ4aic0
Old 11-03-2010, 12:46 PM   #2
RangerJim
USER INFO »
Re: Alter Bridge & Slash - Rise Today

Slash is much overrated. With slash there, I all of a sudden heard paradise city in the intro, which isn't good. At least he may help AB get some exposure.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:36 PM   #3
nagpo
USER INFO »

Nice solo at the end.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:19 PM   #4
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) Nice solo at the end.
I know It, .........
Old 11-04-2010, 11:00 AM   #5
Inspired
USER INFO »

Is Slash taken seriously in the music industry?
Old 11-04-2010, 11:40 AM   #6
FreedomFighter
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Inspired) Is Slash taken seriously in the music industry?

Yup. He's right there with MT in the "respected" and "influential" departments. Remember he's been around way longer too.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:42 AM   #7
Inspired
USER INFO »

Yeah, but I remember him being a joke back in the GNR days.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:48 AM   #8
bilal
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RangerJim) Slash is much overrated. With slash there, I all of a sudden heard paradise city in the intro, which isn't good. At least he may help AB get some exposure.

I have listened to the new Slash solo album, and I really was disappointed at some of the work in the album, which doesn't justifies the high position Slash is usually credited with. He has made some fine radio friendly songs in his solo album but the work is nothing bright. Just listen to the instrumental 'Watch this' feat. dave grohl and duff mckagan and I was awe struck by just how simple and basic it really is. Nothing exceptional. He is a great guitar player, but probably not a bright musician.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:05 PM   #9
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Inspired) Is Slash taken seriously in the music industry?
when it come $$$$$$ no one talk back yo and as of right now, In The ROCK N ROLL INDUSTRY HE IS......... but nobody takes rock n roll serious really, thats the way it always has been, except for the artist,s themeselves, my friend... as far as real bread of rock and brandy, your looking at our rollingstone WORK OF ART, though we may be tiny and tooney all lit looney it works, AND NO COOL WORLD IS NOT REAL NO MISSING CLUES, what u see it what you get unless your doing Acid Then Its Real....Peace Be With Us,
Old 11-04-2010, 07:14 PM   #10
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by bilal) I have listened to the new Slash solo album, and I really was disappointed at some of the work in the album, which doesn't justifies the high position Slash is usually credited with. He has made some fine radio friendly songs in his solo album but the work is nothing bright. Just listen to the instrumental 'Watch this' feat. dave grohl and duff mckagan and I was awe struck by just how simple and basic it really is. Nothing exceptional. He is a great guitar player, but probably not a bright musician.
i agree about the bright part skittles, there ye shall find most majortiy fall right in that catagory, unless of course you are bright, with brains and so forth i,d give that not only to Mark But all of the Tremontie Brothers, That Boosted The T Power I guess, others gotta be bold and daring and others got have brains yo to keep the boat a float, all specific gifts our needed skittles, for us skittles im thinking of a new band game for us to play, in the game section called where did they get that name, but you can only use one word...... i,ll get into it more later on....
Old 11-05-2010, 05:02 AM   #11
nagpo
USER INFO »

I liked his new solo album, I give it a 3/5. It has some good songs on there. But like Bilal said, the work on the album doesn't match the respect he gets from everyone. The guitar work Tremonti did on AB3 was much more complex and interesting than the stuff Slash did on his solo album.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:44 AM   #12
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) I liked his new solo album, I give it a 3/5. It has some good songs on there. But like Bilal said, the work on the album doesn't match the respect he gets from everyone. The guitar work Tremonti did on AB3 was much more complex and interesting than the stuff Slash did on his solo album.
anything mark does is more complex, like the solo unforgiven it surly gotta speaking, that old complextiy burns, where slash is more on the smoothing speaking side and rises the message perfectly, i give the entire album a perfect 10, i love fergies dangerous i,ve been jaming it for while just a perfect job i love her new perfume, it smells great and comes with the little neckles charm just precious ..... black eyed peas ya,alls is a ritual of a new year dinner, i,ve never asked why either just said damn and why, supposta to bring luck and happiness,