++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Fans By City
Today's Posts «

Old 12-31-2002, 03:17 PM   #1
Tremonticized21
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
For all who were in Chicago

Hey
I was at the show Sunday night, and granted, it was less than stellar. I was disappointed, shocked, suprised, and all those other words people have been using. I just want to say that anyone who decides not be a fan of the band anymore is just proving all the critics right and giving them more things to use against the band. It'd be cool just to hear from anyone who was at the show, feelings, reactions, etc. And if anyone was on the floor near tremonti, if you were part of getting that a**hole kicked out, that was hilarious.

Kevin
Old 12-31-2002, 03:43 PM   #2
jimmy2sacs
USER INFO »
well, for it being my first concert I dont think it was that bad. Yes Scott was drunk, but alot of people that didnt go to the show think it is alot worse than it was. People were exxagerating what happened because of how they felt. I am disappointed because i have heard of Creed shows being th best thing on earth. I have to say though, i did lose some respect for Scott even though i know all the stuff they've been through, but the rest of the band also went through that and werent drunk as hell on Sunday. I think we deserve some sort of apology or explanation but that night didnt devistate my life, the guy just got drunk. I did expect to see more than him sitting in front of the drums singing most of the songs with his head slumped over, but hey sh*t happens.
Old 12-31-2002, 05:14 PM   #3
creedfreak76
USER INFO »
I was at the show Sunday. I was on the floor on tremonti's side, but closer to the walkway. It was my 5th time seeing them this year, but the 1st on the floor. I agree with you about people not being fans anymore. I will be a fan for life. I have seen them at their best and now at their worst. I will say that I was disappointed, but Scott Stapp is human. We all make mistakes!! With any luck maybe they will have a make up concert for us!
Old 12-31-2002, 08:26 PM   #4
CreedFanNoMore?
USER INFO »
I think any fan of creed has a just cause to be Pissed. Scott Stapp ruined a concert for everyone. And everyone saying he's just human is B.S. Im human too, and you know what, If i went to work that drunk or high, i'd be fired. and i wouldn't charge people $50 - $100 + to see it either. it was a poor taste of judgement and dissapointed alot of fans. I've seen 5 shows and loved everyone. It will take alot for me to go to another show or buy another cd. Sorry had to vent to the people saying he's human and we shouldnt be angry.
Old 01-01-2003, 04:31 AM   #5
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by CreedFanNoMore?
I think any fan of creed has a just cause to be Pissed. Scott Stapp ruined a concert for everyone. And everyone saying he's  just human is B.S. Im human too, and you know what, If i went to work that drunk or high, i'd be fired. and i wouldn't charge people $50 - $100 + to see  it either. it was a poor taste of judgement and dissapointed alot of fans. I've seen 5 shows and loved everyone. It will take alot for me to go to another show or buy another cd. Sorry had to vent to the people saying he's human and we shouldnt be angry.

I think we all agree that the fans in Chicago have a right to be angry. But to say that it will take a lot for you to go to another show or buy another CD?? What kind of Creed fan are you?? If I had been there, I would definitely have been disappointed, but I know that one mistake on their part would not destroy the enormous love and respect I have for them and their music.

Yes, we are all human, including Scott, and I'm sure that if you did go to work pissed, you would be fired. But do you have to live your life under a microscope like he does? Do you have all your emotional and family problems advertised on the internet and in newspapers for the whole world to see? He has been under ENORMOUS pressure this year and I think he has handled it all pretty well. Give the guy a break.
Old 01-01-2003, 11:42 AM   #6
CreedFanNoMore?
USER INFO »
He also chose this life, and he knew when he chose it that his life is under the microscope. and he also chose to get pissed as you say, right before a concert. which happend to be for a large sum of fans, who by the way, made him what he is today. What he does on his own time, i dont care about, or even care to read about. but when he does this to fans, its poor judgement. Do you know that churches bus in people from around the city to see them, that they actually sit through bands like local H, to see creed cause they are a god fearing band, and have that message in their music. and now they have to explain to people that this person who portrays such a positive image in that respect, that he is drunk or high because of some of lifes problems. your just another person makin excuses for celebraties (if you will) to do what they want. THEY CHOOSE THIS LIFE. YOU MAKE YOUR BED. NOW YOU LIE IN IT.
Old 01-01-2003, 11:54 AM   #7
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: originally posted by CreedFanNoMore?
It will take alot for me to go to another show or buy another cd.
So because Scott screwed it up for you, you will disregard the incredible talents of Mark Tremonti, Scott Phillips and Brett Hestla? Scott isn't the only member of the band. You know, it's not like he came down from the stage and slapped you or slashed your tires. I understand the Chicago people feel ripped off and pissed off, but to state that you are going to turn your back on the band over this one issue, how much a fan were you to begin with?

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-01-2003, 04:55 PM   #8
Tremonticized21
USER INFO »
It seems to me that people are being a bit unfair to the band as a whole. As someone said earlier, Scott Stapp is not by a long shot the most talented member of that band. I think that yes, I'm disappointed in Stapp as a singer, but am I pissed at the band? not really. You could tell throughout the show that Tremonti and Phillips were just as confused as the rest of us. I don't tihnk that because Stapp was drunk one night that I'm going to boycott buying cd's made by the band.
Old 01-01-2003, 08:28 PM   #9
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by CreedFanNoMore?
Do you know that churches bus in people from around the city to see them, that they actually sit through bands like local H, to see creed cause they are a god fearing band, and have that message in their music.

This is what irks me about so-called *church* people. What on God's green earth gives *god-fearing* people the right to expect anyone to be PERFECT???!??!?!?! I'm sorry for the caps, but this really gets under my skin. This hypocritical attitude is one of the main reasons I don't belong to organized religion anymore. People, God-fearing or otherwise ARE HUMAN! We ALL make mistakes and should be given the chance to atone for them.

Yes, he did choose his life, but don't we all? He knows the consequences of his actions just as many of us do. It isn't always easy to listen to your conscience. Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone. Enough already!
Old 01-01-2003, 09:48 PM   #10
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I must say that I don't feel ripped off or pissed one bit. I LOVE the band, all of them, and that means seeing Scott, or any of them at their best and at their worst. My sister had never seen them before and said it was the best show she had ever been to. I knew it wasn't the best I had been too, but well worth it in my opinion. They have a way about them that draws people in and I think that is incredible talent. If Scott never ever broke down, then I would wonder what he was "taking", but he shows his ups and downs and I appreciate that. It let's us know all about him and I am loving every bit of it. I just got back in town an hour ago, partied it up for NYE, but I was so excited to read Teri's review. I am so happy for you guys who were there. Talk about a way to start off the New Year.

This post was not a reply to anyone in particular, just a general post.

I am gonna visit with my family, haven't seen them in days, but I will return soon.

I need to catch up on Creed Fest details, and also the Creed Feed shirts. Anything new posted?????????

I am SOOOOO Behind.

Congrats to the band for all their accomplishments. Congrats to Teri, Dogstar, Aimee and Kboo for making it to such a KICK ASS show, I should have went there from Chicago and went to the show.

Carrie
Old 01-01-2003, 09:53 PM   #11
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Carrie, you are the greatest!! Thank you for shining a new perspective on a really bad situation. From the posts here over the last few days, you would think an atomic bomb went off instead of pyro at the show. I am not making light of the problems, but at least there's one voice to be heard to say she's not jumping ship. Rock on Carrie! And enjoy your time with family.

Old 01-01-2003, 10:29 PM   #12
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
This is what irks me about so-called *church* people. What on God's green earth gives *god-fearing* people the right to expect anyone to be PERFECT???!??!?!?! I'm sorry for the caps, but this really gets under my skin. This hypocritical attitude is one of the main reasons I don't belong to organized religion anymore. People, God-fearing or otherwise ARE HUMAN! We ALL make mistakes and should be given the chance to atone for them.  

Yes, he did choose his life, but don't we all? He knows the consequences of his actions just as many of us do. It isn't always easy to listen to your conscience. Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone. Enough already!

You have proved again why you are such a cool person!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-01-2003, 10:32 PM   #13
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Thanks Teri, I feel so loved tonight!
I was about to die when I read all the negativity.
Those people were quick to boo at the first thing that went wrong at the show and I think if I were Scott I wouldn't have felt too great either. It would have made me want to perform less then perfect as well if I heard booing. Sadly the boos out-did my screams of support. I think that Scott has done so much for us, we can do something for him. He needed us during that show and all the crazies were so quick to judge that he couldn't hear the fans that see past those "bad days", but I must say that he has his head on straight and that is why he Rocked Philly. He knows what is going on and is not gonna let them get the best of him. I haven't had 1/4 of the things go wrong in my entire life that Scott has had just this past year alone and I have had "bad weeks". One less then perfect show after all that has gone on with them. ROCK ON STAPP, you are stronger then I am!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2003, 10:34 PM   #14
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
YOU ROCK, CARRIE!!

Old 01-01-2003, 11:11 PM   #15
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Thanks so much, Jen ....
And hotforscott, YOU RULE. Thank you for one of the most sensible posts I have seen on this subject.