++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 01-02-2005, 02:32 AM   #46
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by jango) Your sheer ignorance is wonderfully and tragically displayed in this post. Alice-in-Chains inspired those bands through vocals, song structure and melody. If you can't hear that, than you don't deserve an opinion on the subject. Rolling Stone is not the paragon of musical critique. If you're looking to Rolling Stone for your musical preferences, I fear for you. Oliveri is incredible, end of discussion. R and Songs for the Deaf are two brilliant albums miles ahead of Californication and By the Way. If you refer to Tom Morello, THE greatest guitar player of the last quarter century as 'the guy in RATM', then you are not worth the time to read your posts, you ignorant slut, Jane.

OMG first i would like to say that if really didn't deserve to be called a ignorant slut. I am offended, considering i didn't even do anything to you. I am just answering your arguments that you made, thats what this thread is about now apparently.

To answer your argument you made is easy, have you ever heard of Blood Sugar sex magik? or any other early RCHP's albums? IF you ahven't you should because it really puts to shame anything the Queens of the stone age's bassist has put out. In fact tell me why he is so awesome, I have given examples of why Flea is a badass why don't you tell me why Olveri is a badass? Ill i can tell he is a root note player that plays fast.

I am the biggest RATM fan you will ever meet. But saying Morello is the best guitarist this quarter of last century is just so wrong. Ever hear of Peturci from Dream theater? Ever heard of Santana? Micheal Hedges? Jimmy Page? Slash? The list goes on. Morello is one of my favorite guitarist of all time but he is by no means as good as you say he is. He is very unique and comes out with killer riffs, but there are many others that are better than him.

AIC is good ill give em that, i enjoy alot of their toons, but they ARE not as insperational as you say they are. I never knew in the first place that bands were that much inspired from them. And i have never heard of anybody saying this besides any body on this forum. The RHCP's were very inspreational to Alternative music as we know it.
Old 01-02-2005, 02:32 AM   #47
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Oh.......my............God........
You obviously haven't listened to them, either that, or you can't hear.
I have their Greatest hits
Old 01-02-2005, 02:34 AM   #48
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
I am glad i have been treated like a joke to you guys it really makes me want to post on this board.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:25 PM   #49
jango
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) OMG first i would like to say that if really didn't deserve to be called a ignorant slut. I am offended, considering i didn't even do anything to you. I am just answering your arguments that you made, thats what this thread is about now apparently.

To answer your argument you made is easy, have you ever heard of Blood Sugar sex magik? or any other early RCHP's albums? IF you ahven't you should because it really puts to shame anything the Queens of the stone age's bassist has put out. In fact tell me why he is so awesome, I have given examples of why Flea is a badass why don't you tell me why Olveri is a badass? Ill i can tell he is a root note player that plays fast.

I am the biggest RATM fan you will ever meet. But saying Morello is the best guitarist this quarter of last century is just so wrong. Ever hear of Peturci from Dream theater? Ever heard of Santana? Micheal Hedges? Jimmy Page? Slash? The list goes on. Morello is one of my favorite guitarist of all time but he is by no means as good as you say he is. He is very unique and comes out with killer riffs, but there are many others that are better than him.

AIC is good ill give em that, i enjoy alot of their toons, but they ARE not as insperational as you say they are. I never knew in the first place that bands were that much inspired from them. And i have never heard of anybody saying this besides any body on this forum. The RHCP's were very inspreational to Alternative music as we know it.

Hey dumbass, the last quarter century would include 1980 - Present. Jim PETRUCCI is decent, but several others have done prog rock much better. Michael Hedges is generic and unoriginal. Santana started in the 60s as well as Page. Slash cannot hold up to Morello's work. Snakepit was horrible and Revolver leaves much to be desired. Morello is consistently brilliant and a musical genius.

QOTSA is metal at its finest... as was Kyuss. Songs for the Deaf is far and away a superior album to BSSM in every way. Homme is brilliant, Oliveri relentless in his punk inspired detuned metal bass madness and Grohl kicking ass as no one else can on the kit. Blues for the Red Sun owns your ASS.

Focker out... you $2 whore.
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 01-02-2005, 11:48 PM   #50
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) He is very unique and comes out with killer riffs,
Hello??? That makes him pretty damn great, IMO, because there are plenty of guitarists who are technically proficient but not very original.

Quote: AIC is good ill give em that, i enjoy alot of their toons, but they ARE not as insperational as you say they are. I never knew in the first place that bands were that much inspired from them. And i have never heard of anybody saying this besides any body on this forum. The RHCP's were very inspreational to Alternative music as we know it.

This isn't even an argument. And if all you have is Greatest Hits, you haven't heard the best of AIC. Go listen to Jar Of Flies, Sap or Dirt or Tripod. Get the Music Bank box set and listen to their demos before you go saying they haven't inspired anyone. Go to an AIC board or a Jerry Cantrell board or read some of the guitar mags in the last couple of years. Not that I put much creedence in what the media say, but finally, several of the mags have begun to recognize Jerry Cantrell's influence on today's guitarists, not to mention the influence of his vocal structures. Other artists have credited AIC as one of their influences.

And jango is right ON about Blues for the Red Sun. That album is gold.

Oh, and this isn't personal. It's just that I disagree with your contention that the RHCP are as influential as you say they are.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:15 AM   #51
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jango) Hey dumbass, the last quarter century would include 1980 - Present. Jim PETRUCCI is decent, but several others have done prog rock much better. Michael Hedges is generic and unoriginal. Santana started in the 60s as well as Page. Slash cannot hold up to Morello's work. Snakepit was horrible and Revolver leaves much to be desired. Morello is consistently brilliant and a musical genius.

QOTSA is metal at its finest... as was Kyuss. Songs for the Deaf is far and away a superior album to BSSM in every way. Homme is brilliant, Oliveri relentless in his punk inspired detuned metal bass madness and Grohl kicking ass as no one else can on the kit. Blues for the Red Sun owns your ASS.

Focker out... you $2 whore.

Well,

1) it is John Petrucci of Dream theater and if you don't even know his name then i doubt you will know how amazing he is. Ever heard the Song Glass prison? IF you have not i suggest you do, because it is simply amazing, the solo is metal at its finest. Dream theater is quite possibly the best techincal prog metal out there.

2) lol santana's work is included in this century and yes he is amazing. Take a listen and i think you will agree.

3) While Morello is more creative than Slash, Slash has better solos and chops.

Ill name some more for you, Adam Jones from Tool, Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen, and Geedy Lee from rush.

I fear i have meet a fanperson, who is unwilling to admit that their bassist is inferior to anybody. Metal Bassists generally aren't that great, they play really fast root notes with a pick. THat isn't tough. I could do that if i learn to pick fast enough. It takes way more practice to slap first. I have heard that album, just because the bass is fast doesn't mean it is good and it is hardly creative. IF you want a truly badass metal bassist, then listen to John Myung, Ryan Martinie, or David Ellefson . The moral of the story is that your are over rating him. And queens of the stone age are so inferior to almost any metal. But i guess i will never convince you since you are a fanperson.

Whatever.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:21 AM   #52
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Hello??? That makes him pretty damn great, IMO, because there are plenty of guitarists who are technically proficient but not very original.

This isn't even an argument. And if all you have is Greatest Hits, you haven't heard the best of AIC. Go listen to Jar Of Flies, Sap or Dirt or Tripod. Get the Music Bank box set and listen to their demos before you go saying they haven't inspired anyone. Go to an AIC board or a Jerry Cantrell board or read some of the guitar mags in the last couple of years. Not that I put much creedence in what the media say, but finally, several of the mags have begun to recognize Jerry Cantrell's influence on today's guitarists, not to mention the influence of his vocal structures. Other artists have credited AIC as one of their influences.

And jango is right ON about Blues for the Red Sun. That album is gold.

Oh, and this isn't personal. It's just that I disagree with your contention that the RHCP are as influential as you say they are.

Creativity isn't all a great guitarist has to have. Even though i believe Morallo is asuper badass, i still think many guitarists own his face.

Ill make sure to take a look at all their stuff, but i seriously doubt i will be convinced that they are superior on any level to the RHCP's or Soundgarden.
I do read a lot on the subject and i have yet to find very many musicans to admit to being influenced by AIC. But i guess ill have to look into it more.

Stop overrating Queens of the Stone age they are not as good as you say they are, and RCHP's own their face. Even though they are different genres, i truly believe they could out play them any day of the week. In fact, ask any musican who is superior and bet they will answer with the Red hot chili peppers. And you guys keep ignoring my arguments and i answer all of yours. I have even provided outside opinions, you have yet to do so.
Old 01-03-2005, 02:50 PM   #53
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I have seen RHCP and QOTSA live. QOTSA kicks RHCP's ass, any time, any day, end of story.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:35 PM   #54
jango
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) Well,

1) it is John Petrucci of Dream theater and if you don't even know his name then i doubt you will know how amazing he is. Ever heard the Song Glass prison? IF you have not i suggest you do, because it is simply amazing, the solo is metal at its finest. Dream theater is quite possibly the best techincal prog metal out there.

2) lol santana's work is included in this century and yes he is amazing. Take a listen and i think you will agree.

3) While Morello is more creative than Slash, Slash has better solos and chops.

Ill name some more for you, Adam Jones from Tool, Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen, and Geedy Lee from rush.

I fear i have meet a fanperson, who is unwilling to admit that their bassist is inferior to anybody. Metal Bassists generally aren't that great, they play really fast root notes with a pick. THat isn't tough. I could do that if i learn to pick fast enough. It takes way more practice to slap first. I have heard that album, just because the bass is fast doesn't mean it is good and it is hardly creative. IF you want a truly badass metal bassist, then listen to John Myung, Ryan Martinie, or David Ellefson . The moral of the story is that your are over rating him. And queens of the stone age are so inferior to almost any metal. But i guess i will never convince you since you are a fanperson.

Whatever.

I will not immerse myself in immature discourse any longer. If you would like to see who can name more guitarists and bassists, which is all you can apparently and cogently do, then feel free. I put myself through school working at a record store, try your best.
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 01-06-2005, 04:09 AM   #55
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Jango:Fine, ignore my arguments completely with your bull crap, if you knew so much about music you should be able to come back with some arguments to counter mine. This is not an immature discussion, what do you think this "Music Matters" forum is all about about?

Dogstar, I am sure you went to a bad show, I have seen numerous video clips to show that shows that they have an amazing live show. And there has only ben a couple where Anthony has been out of key. But i won't change your mind so i guess it does not matter.