++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-12-2005, 07:14 PM   #1
sina2b
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I now know its scott.

I loved creed and now I know 90% of it was because of stapp and his influence. Dont get me wrong as I think mark is an excellent musician but stapps unique and probably not a very good musician "technically".

Also I must add that i dont like his attitude towards things but thats his personal life.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:02 PM   #2
shiver
USER INFO »
There is no technically about it. Stapp is a songwriter. He is not a musician what-so-ever. It is one thing to write a song, and hear it in your head, everybody can do that, it is another thing to actually play that music, and make it come to life.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:22 PM   #3
sina2b
USER INFO »
I thought the singers voice is an instrument of its own kind which notes and other technicallities apply to it.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:29 PM   #4
shiver
USER INFO »
Let me fix what I said earlier. Singer/songwriter. I'll leave it at that.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:48 PM   #5
geletmote
USER INFO »
Dont write off mark, I used to think the same though, that scott stapp was wat made creed but ever since I started playing guitar I ve realised how muhc of an impact mark had and without each other none of it would be appealing.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:13 AM   #6
stappissohot
USER INFO »
Well I say being a songwriter isn't that easy either, I'm one, it takes a lot of creativity to make a song, sure instrument playing is hard, but it takes a lot of brains and creativity to write songs, and singing is also a form of expression, you can tell a lot about a person by the way they sing.... I sing horribly, that tells me I'm meant to be a songwriter not the one who sings the songs, so you have to give Mark and Stapp equal credit here....
And where it lies at sea
A wounded man sounds desperate when he’s lost all his belief
Can you look into my eyes and say you won’t betray me

Tabula Rasa from The Dark Poet!
Old 11-13-2005, 02:49 AM   #7
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
Scott is a magnificent writer and I think Mark was a little involved in that back in the Creed days. I like Alter Bridge more, But Scott Stapp is a true talent.

-Homer Simpson

Old 11-13-2005, 11:37 AM   #8
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
From what I understand, Mark wrote the song Torn, one of my favorite Creed songs

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 11-13-2005, 11:55 AM   #9
Faceless_Man
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) From what I understand, Mark wrote the song Torn, one of my favorite Creed songs

You mean wrote the lyrics? I dont think so. He might have helped Stapp in certain areas, but I thought I remember an interview w/ Stapp where he described writing that song(what inspired him at the time, etc) Wasn't it Torn, or maybe MOP, that was written by Stapp even before meeting back up w/ Tremonti and deciding to start the band? I cant remember. Nevertheless, I would love to see your source for this info, Steve, cuz I honestly do not remember anyone saying Torn (lyrics) were written by Tremonti.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:48 PM   #10
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Faceless_Man) You mean wrote the lyrics? I dont think so. He might have helped Stapp in certain areas, but I thought I remember an interview w/ Stapp where he described writing that song(what inspired him at the time, etc) Wasn't it Torn, or maybe MOP, that was written by Stapp even before meeting back up w/ Tremonti and deciding to start the band? I cant remember. Nevertheless, I would love to see your source for this info, Steve, cuz I honestly do not remember anyone saying Torn (lyrics) were written by Tremonti.
Torn is all Tremonti.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:08 PM   #11
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Faceless_Man) You mean wrote the lyrics? I dont think so. He might have helped Stapp in certain areas, but I thought I remember an interview w/ Stapp where he described writing that song(what inspired him at the time, etc) Wasn't it Torn, or maybe MOP, that was written by Stapp even before meeting back up w/ Tremonti and deciding to start the band? I cant remember. Nevertheless, I would love to see your source for this info, Steve, cuz I honestly do not remember anyone saying Torn (lyrics) were written by Tremonti.

See http://www.creedfeed.com/community/s...78&postcount=6

And for the rest of the thread, read: http://www.creedfeed.com/community/s...ead.php?t=5560

I'm sure you'll respond by saying Michael Tremonti isn't a reliable source, so believe what you will...

Old 11-13-2005, 02:50 PM   #12
Faceless_Man
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) See http://www.creedfeed.com/community/s...78&postcount=6

And for the rest of the thread, read: http://www.creedfeed.com/community/s...ead.php?t=5560

I'm sure you'll respond by saying Michael Tremonti isn't a reliable source, so believe what you will...

Took the words right out of my mouth. What's with the VH1: Behind the Music doc, then? Did Stapp not say that he "got up in the middle of the night and just wrote"? Seeing as how that post is dated early in 2004, and the band was having "agreement problems" (breakup inevitable) since Nov 2003, yeah I would say(if that really were Mark's brother) that of course he is gonna stick up for his bro. Let me ask you this. If Tremonti's bro, or even Tremonti himself, for that matter, AND Stapp were both to post their different claims to that song on these forums...who would the majority of you believe and why?

Who: Tremonti
Why: Because the majority of you are AB fans that gave up on Stapp.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:21 PM   #13
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Stapp didn't say he wrote Torn in the VH1 music doc. The doc says he started writing his feelings down. Then they start playing Torn, showing the lyrics, and his friend starts saying something to the effect of he's being damned to his own personal hell. The lyrics/music of Torn fit the piece and the point they were trying to get across. That's all.

Old 11-13-2005, 03:29 PM   #14
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Oh and the story about how he woke up in the middle of the night - they were referring to My Own Prison and not Torn.

Old 11-13-2005, 04:05 PM   #15
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by sina2b) I loved creed and now I know 90% of it was because of stapp and his influence. Dont get me wrong as I think mark is an excellent musician but stapps unique and probably not a very good musician "technically".
I must give it to you... Thank you. Way too many Stapp fans here say things like that, without backing their opinions up with arguments or facts. You really did. Keep that up man!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) From what I understand, Mark wrote the song Torn, one of my favorite Creed songs
Yes, that is correct.