++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-11-2004, 12:00 PM   #1
stevewk1
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Original CREED reunites within 3 years

Without taking anything away from Scott's solo effort or Alter Bridge, it might be clear in the place where blind men see, that the band will be reuniting. I base this on Stappie's total openness to the idea, and the fact that AB aint exactly lighting the world on fire.

When/if the second AB record either bombs or tanks, Mark & Flip will reach out to Scott, who already wants it again, and the band will reunite as:

-Scott Stapp
-Mark Tremonti
-Scott Phillips
-Brian Marshall (not Bret, based on Stapp's expressed openness to Brian)

Only then, will all once again be right with the world. Remember, you heard it here first (or maybe second or third).

-steve
Old 09-11-2004, 02:25 PM   #2
RMadd
USER INFO »
yeah
no offense, but IMO you're full of shit. i don't think stapp & tremo will reunite creatively. here's why: stapp seems to like having stuff his way; mark wants to let loose and kick ass. who says AB is gonna tank? it's too bad you think that.

Old 09-11-2004, 04:00 PM   #3
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by stevewk1) I base this on Stappie's total openness to the idea
Dude, have you heard NOTHING of what Mark and the band have said? They don't wanna be in any other band than Alter Bridge, and they're all happier this way!! Even if Scott's doors is open, Mark's, Flip's and Brian's sure ain't!!

Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) no offense, but IMO you're full of shit.
Yeah, I agree!! You are full of shit!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-11-2004, 04:15 PM   #4
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I doubt thats gonna happen
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 09-11-2004, 04:29 PM   #5
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
One can never say never, but right now, a reunion looks highly unlikely. I think they have grown apart creatively and personally, and sometimes, that happens and it's just time to move on. I wasn't happy that Creed broke up, but I would rather have them do that than put out shitty, uninspired music. Let's be happy with what they did give us.
Old 09-11-2004, 04:39 PM   #6
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Well, since I think ODR is the best album ever written I'm alright with it!!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-11-2004, 08:34 PM   #7
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) They don't wanna be in any other band than Alter Bridge, and they're all happier this way!! Even if Scott's doors is open, Mark's, Flip's and Brian's sure ain't!!
Nothing is ever definite. If you go back and listen to old Creed interviews (of which I have plenty of), they always talked about being together for a very long time.

AB is still new. Their relationship with Myles is new. When a relationship is new, it's always roses and champagne. But, over time things change.

Mark has a different mentality about music. He wakes up playing his guitar and goes to bed playing. Scott has a son. He didn't want to do music 24/7 the way Mark does. Let's see what happens when Mark starts a family and Flip's daughter gets a little older. I bet touring the States in a mini-van won't be quite as much fun.

I *think* they will eventually reunite. They were too good together not to. But, I don't think you'll see Scott in any rush to be associated with JHMP anytime soon.

Last edited by Shadow : 09-11-2004 at 08:37 PM.
Old 09-12-2004, 01:58 AM   #8
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »
What exactly happened between them and JHMP? I must have missed it.
Old 09-12-2004, 05:45 AM   #9
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Their relationship with Myles is new. When a relationship is new, it's always roses and champagne. But, over time things change.
Yeah, and that was what happened to Creed!! And Mark have said he thinks Myles is the best rock singer he've ever heard. Which means he likes Myles voice better than Stapp's, and Micheal Tremonti said "Myles blows Stapp out of the water". Guess it's just better off this way!!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) I bet touring the States in a mini-van won't be quite as much fun.
No, problably not, that's why they're doing it now.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) They were too good together not to
Well, if I have to choose I'd say Alter Bridge is better than Creed. But I like to say they're both my no: #1!!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-12-2004, 11:29 AM   #10
Shagrath
USER INFO »
they have just split-up
its not the time to talk about it now
anything can happen
but i wouldnt say no to a reunion
Old 09-12-2004, 11:48 AM   #11
Lucy
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) One can never say never, but right now, a reunion looks highly unlikely. I think they have grown apart creatively and personally, and sometimes, that happens and it's just time to move on. I wasn't happy that Creed broke up, but I would rather have them do that than put out shitty, uninspired music. Let's be happy with what they did give us.
Amen..
Old 09-12-2004, 12:12 PM   #12
Torn Signs
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Torn Signs Send a message via Yahoo to Torn Signs
What to say, but that in the interview w/ KATT Stapp said it was a weight of his shoulders to not have to relay his work with other band members. AB, yes, as you said, The Lithium, AB wants to remain together, at the current moment, not worrying about Stapp. The chance at them getting back together is not that high as of late because of those things, but as Shadow and Shagrath said, it is possible way down the road.

I'm otherwise known as: WTLF-101
Old 09-12-2004, 12:32 PM   #13
stevewk1
USER INFO »
I didnt make it as clear as I could have. I'm basing my prediction of a reunion in 3 years primarily on economics. The handwriting is on the wall, as it has been with so many bands in the past. When Alter Bridge fails to light the world on fire the way CREED did, all will see that the way to regain the spolight and thereby refill the bank accounts, is to reform CREED.

And of course, it doesnt hurt that everybody knows CREED had a lot more left to do. At this point, all will be forgiven of everyone; we will see the fourth CREED record and a supporting tour. We simply need to be patient.

-steve (your friendly seer)

Pronunciation: sēr
Noun1.seer - a person with unusual powers of foresight.
Old 09-12-2004, 01:16 PM   #14
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Hmm, economics aside, I think if it does happen, it might take a little longer than three years, but you never know.
Old 09-12-2004, 01:34 PM   #15
johellion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by stevewk1) I didnt make it as clear as I could have. I'm basing my prediction of a reunion in 3 years primarily on economics. The handwriting is on the wall, as it has been with so many bands in the past. When Alter Bridge fails to light the world on fire the way CREED did, all will see that the way to regain the spolight and thereby refill the bank accounts, is to reform CREED.

And of course, it doesnt hurt that everybody knows CREED had a lot more left to do. At this point, all will be forgiven of everyone; we will see the fourth CREED record and a supporting tour. We simply need to be patient.

-steve (your friendly seer)

Pronunciation: sēr
Noun1.seer - a person with unusual powers of foresight.

Steve...
First of all....I would not say 3 yrs...maybe 10....and second economics has nothing to do with it because this band is not about THE MONEY...they are about the music...thats is why they are doing small arenas, and using mini vans...they like it this way. This band is not looking to light the world on fire the way CREED did.... They have been there and done that!!! This first album is doing very well.....and as they tour the word will spread.....Creed was a band for 2 yrs. before they were signed and it took awhile...they played at small venues and clubs..