++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 09-11-2005, 04:29 PM   #31
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sam Look) but since I am watching your movie, maybe you should read the book I suggested??

I have. my father is a prfossor of theology and has countless books on christianity that I have read including Stroble
Old 09-23-2005, 06:14 AM   #32
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sam Look) Theres a great book that convinced me called The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel. It gave solid answers to every question I ever had. Furthermore, the one thought I have constantly is if Christ wasnt real, wouldnt he have been disproved?

Now, to answer if he is the way or only way...that I can not say and mostly have a hard time believing. There are too many other faiths and the picture is too big for me to believe there is only one right answer.

hey Sam you may wanna check out a book called "Challenging the Verdict: A Cross-Examination of Lee Strobel's "The Case for Christ" by Earl Doherty

one thing you always wanna check before buying in to some one is seeing if that person has been debunked
Old 09-23-2005, 03:02 PM   #33
PJAmerica
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to PJAmerica Send a message via Yahoo to PJAmerica
Quote: (Originally Posted by dario) Thank you to those who provided me information about Jesus outside of the bible. I've been trying to find information that I could use to prove that Jesus was real without using the bible. The past couple of days I have been at an Ex-Christian site debating with non-christians about different subjects pertaining to God. Many of the people in there were once Christians who left the faith for differing reasons. It's interesting to hear they're views on things and their reasons for leaving the faith. It hurts to read some of their testimonies concerning the faith, since some of them were abused or just grew up with hypocritical christians. Anyway, they are giving me "proof" into why there is no such thing as Jesus, so I thought I would find some proof of my own. Thanks for your help.
I am not a Christian myself but have a deep faith in God. I do not believe in the bible, I do not go to church, I do not support religion. I have nothing against anyone who does though but for me my personal path is faith in a being greater than myself that provides purpose. So long as we live life and do the best we can and stick to whatever our path of faith is we are all on the same journey. To debate is to deny one's self of true clarity.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:07 PM   #34
PJAmerica
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to PJAmerica Send a message via Yahoo to PJAmerica
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sam Look) Theres a great book that convinced me called The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel. It gave solid answers to every question I ever had. Furthermore, the one thought I have constantly is if Christ wasnt real, wouldnt he have been disproved?

Now, to answer if he is the way or only way...that I can not say and mostly have a hard time believing. There are too many other faiths and the picture is too big for me to believe there is only one right answer.
I believe Christ existed. I believe he was a leader, much like Men of our time such as martin Luther King. He was a great man who saw things unlike many, he had prophets before him who walked the same path as well for the most part as far as leading people to a better way of life. However, I do not believe Christ to be anymore than a man of his times who was in tune with his people, his time and his God.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:52 PM   #35
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by PJAmerica) I believe Christ existed. I believe he was a leader, much like Men of our time such as martin Luther King. He was a great man who saw things unlike many, he had prophets before him who walked the same path as well for the most part as far as leading people to a better way of life. However, I do not believe Christ to be anymore than a man of his times who was in tune with his people, his time and his God.
You do realise Jesus was against all odds from the get go...

What a rebel!!!

PJ, If Jesus Christ rose from the dead, proving He is God, He is alive today.

He is willing to be more than worshipped. He is willing to be known and to come into our lives. Jesus said, "Behold, I stand at the door [of your heart] and knock; if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come into him" (Revelation 3:20)...

My way is that of The Cross, I hope you enjoy it here and and I am open to any discussions you bring...

Peace and welcome to this forum,

Heaven

Old 09-23-2005, 09:10 PM   #36
creedsister
USER INFO »
Welcome Pj Sis Wants To You A Warm Welcome And Pull You Out A Chair
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 09-24-2005, 03:52 PM   #37
PJAmerica
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou) You do realise Jesus was against all odds from the get go...

What a rebel!!!

PJ, If Jesus Christ rose from the dead, proving He is God, He is alive today.

He is willing to be more than worshipped. He is willing to be known and to come into our lives. Jesus said, "Behold, I stand at the door [of your heart] and knock; if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come into him" (Revelation 3:20)...

My way is that of The Cross, I hope you enjoy it here and and I am open to any discussions you bring...

Peace and welcome to this forum,

Heaven

I know where your coming from but it's not my personal view. Like I said. I don't think poorly of anyone who has a different view but then I don't debate or try to persuade anyone of my faith and path in life either. You won't find much disussion on what's the right way from me. Thanks for the welcome as well.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:29 AM   #38
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by PJAmerica) I am not a Christian myself but have a deep faith in God. I do not believe in the bible, I do not go to church, I do not support religion. I have nothing against anyone who does though but for me my personal path is faith in a being greater than myself that provides purpose. So long as we live life and do the best we can and stick to whatever our path of faith is we are all on the same journey. To debate is to deny one's self of true clarity.
i always found debating as perfect clartiy once you hold on to all that you believe and i dont blame you for not believing in the bible ..as far as the rest of christian socitey the holy bible was all they were given of God And Christ For Everyone indeed must work out thier own salvation path and my friend many would debate you and tell you that your a wrong for not believing in the bible even if i myself believe in it and back it 100 percent God Has Given us The spirt of love and a sound mine and his words that his words was not the author of confusion but of peace and Love And stregnth and sacrafice
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 10-16-2005, 03:14 PM   #39
SecretWeapon
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by PJAmerica) I believe Christ existed. I believe he was a leader, much like Men of our time such as martin Luther King. He was a great man who saw things unlike many, he had prophets before him who walked the same path as well for the most part as far as leading people to a better way of life. However, I do not believe Christ to be anymore than a man of his times who was in tune with his people, his time and his God.

I Am the Way and the Truth and the Light , and no one
comes to the Father , except through Me . -Jesus
Old 10-16-2005, 03:36 PM   #40
SecretWeapon
USER INFO »
hey you guys check this out .

http://www.dayoffire.com/media.html#

go here and view the video ....
Old 10-21-2005, 11:28 PM   #41
Sam Look
USER INFO »
Anarkist

If you are there, that movie you recommended was probably the silliest movie I have ever watched. If something is going to try to proove Christ wrong it should at least be of some sort of class and have some dignity to it. That movie was written by children!

In any case, I wont be reading the book you recommended cause your movie was just a b rated film.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:31 AM   #42
Ivan_Creed
USER INFO »
Dario, I guess your faith was shaken when you first got in contact with heretics and other occult people. By contact I mean read what they have to write against God and show 'proof' how God doesn't exist and was a joke, whatever.. Let me just tell you that you are probably talking to people that are deeply involved in other forms of beliefs and fatih, and that they are very well trained to disturb any spirit. Now, I am not sure what kind of site/forum is that, is it serious or not, but I am talking from personal experience, in context of, not that my belief was shaken, but of other people and the inadequate facts and theories they were saying (dumb they are... to me at least)... I hate long posts, so I am just telling you ahead that there might be 'professionals' at work there, presenting you with false facts.

That's it for now, I'll say more only if you ask.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:55 AM   #43
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
PRESENTING is a strong word Ivy i understand excatly what your saying k But i would just Like To OPETH HAAAAAAAAA The Word PRESENTING, because the way i taught to study you can learn a lot from word because one word has more than one meaning when applied to more than one person GOD Speaks to us all on A level where that person mind and heart comprahend, And If He SHARES something With You and tells you something that you know and really cant share with the world or family or friends or even or others that apply...sometimes We want that CONFIRMED, another person to tell us, THAT WOULD GOD TOLD YOU AS RIGHT, one way to know that FOR A FACT Without Anybody telling you, IS THAT WORD PRESENTING BECAUSE EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN, Every Thing False Every Lie Every Doubt Every Thought Every Question, Every Lie Every Doubt That You Can Make Up Yourself that you did,nt know you had, HAS A PLACE BEFORE YOU , to rob still and destroy !!!!! PRESENTING LOVES To Persist When The Word Of God Is With You In Truth And In A Spirt , And Who GOD LOVES HE WILL CONFIRM IT TOO, And No Other Spirt Can Rob That WHICH IS GODS Because Its God THE GOD OF ALL
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 12-15-2005, 05:16 AM   #44
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Re: Anarkist

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sam Look) If you are there, that movie you recommended was probably the silliest movie I have ever watched. If something is going to try to proove Christ wrong it should at least be of some sort of class and have some dignity to it. That movie was written by children!

In any case, I wont be reading the book you recommended cause your movie was just a b rated film.

Yes Sam its call a documentry as in a shoestring budget and if you find it to be just silly you obviously missed the point entirly however I can not push you out of you bubble go ahead and fester in there it is really no skin off my back
Old 12-16-2005, 10:59 AM   #45
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Re: Anarkist

Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) bubble this bubble that blah blah blah
You really annoy me! Accusing someone of being in a bubble when u cant see past your HUGE AND IMMENSELY OPAQUE one of your own!

You really hate that people have their own opinions dont you! Well too bad, cos we believe in God and He made us to HAVE a mind to make up our own opinions.

Plus he has revealed Himself to us, whether U respect that or not! And I hope He reveals Himself to you so U will leave us the hell alone!

ROCK HARD!!!