++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-05-2004, 08:15 PM   #1
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Michael updates us a little more

Michael posted over at one of the Alter Bridge boards correcting a fansite's music info. This is the direct quote....

Just wanted to correct some info you have printed on your music page on the alterbridgeband.net site. There is no song on the new CD titled Strange. That was the song that Mark did with Jimmy's Chicken Shack. Actually all Mark did on that song was help Jimmy with the melody for the chorus. There is also no song titled Holiday. The song Metalingus, which is heavy and awesome, is still the title for that song and may not change now. The song is way to heavy to get any radio airplay, although it is still very melodic, and the title is hillarious so we'll see if it stays. The song about our mom is titled In Loving Memory Of and this one will definately be a single down the road. The raw emotion of this song is simply staggering. Myles sings it in a very soulfull and haunting way. I think this song will affect the masses like With Arms Wide Open did, although in a different way. It is a song that brings tears to just about eveyone who has heard it.

Michael

http://p202.ezboard.com/falterbridge...picID=85.topic
Old 05-05-2004, 08:28 PM   #2
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Thanks for posting that Hide. I am really looking for the album now.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:35 PM   #3
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Thanks for posting that Hide. I am really looking for the album now.

sure thing can't wait to hear "in loving memory of" and "metalingus" (i'm stoked that they may stay as the title funny as) must be metal or close to it! i honestly thought the former may be too personal to be a single but it sounds incredibly touching.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:41 PM   #4
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) sure thing can't wait to hear "in loving memory of" and "metalingus" (i'm stoked that they may stay as the title funny as) must be metal or close to it! i honestly thought the former may be too personal to be a single but it sounds incredibly touching.

I wonder how people would react to the song. I am expecting the song to have awesome shred solos in tribute to Mark and Michael's mother.

I can't wait to hear it and judge it for myself.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:47 PM   #5
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) I wonder how people would react to the song. I am expecting the song to have awesome shred solos in tribute to Mark and Michael's mother.

I can't wait to hear it and judge it for myself.

i don't know if this song will have awesome shred solos because of the nature of the song. i could be wrong....rockgoddess?
Old 05-05-2004, 09:24 PM   #6
Mr.Anderson
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Mr.Anderson Send a message via AIM to Mr.Anderson Send a message via MSN to Mr.Anderson Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.Anderson
I cannot wait for there debut cd let alone there first single. OMG Please let it come soon.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:58 PM   #7
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I can't wait!

I think they got the Holidays thing from a post I made on AB bb. Just want to make it clear: I said that Mark wrote a song about the holidays and he played only to his family around Christmas. I think Michael mentioned it somewhere. He also added that it brought tears to everybody's eyes. BUT I NEVER said it was gonna be an Alter Bridge song.

I do like the title Metalingus for a song!
Old 05-05-2004, 10:19 PM   #8
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) i don't know if this song will have awesome shred solos because of the nature of the song. i could be wrong....rockgoddess?

Well, not balls to the wall shreds, but like a shred solo from the song "The Unforgiven".
Old 05-05-2004, 10:48 PM   #9
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
I can't wait to hear all of this. I bet "In Loving Memory Of" will be a really good song. Since the CD will come out in the summer, I think, maybe I can wait at Wal-Mart the day before and at 12:01 if it's not already out on the shelf, I'll go ask about it! I will definatly buy it as soon as possible. Alter Bridge better come to Oklahoma City!
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 05-05-2004, 10:54 PM   #10
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed_Defaultgirl) I can't wait to hear all of this. I bet "In Loving Memory Of" will be a really good song. Since the CD will come out in the summer, I think, maybe I can wait at Wal-Mart the day before and at 12:01 if it's not already out on the shelf, I'll go ask about it! I will definatly buy it as soon as possible. Alter Bridge better come to Oklahoma City!

Let's just agree that Alter Bridge better come to every city on the globe.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:57 PM   #11
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
haha, OKC first!
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 05-05-2004, 10:58 PM   #12
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed_Defaultgirl) I can't wait to hear all of this. I bet "In Loving Memory Of" will be a really good song. Since the CD will come out in the summer, I think, maybe I can wait at Wal-Mart the day before and at 12:01 if it's not already out on the shelf, I'll go ask about it! I will definatly buy it as soon as possible. Alter Bridge better come to Oklahoma City!
Dont Go to walmart Saxon it sucks, Go to Best buy,
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 05-05-2004, 11:02 PM   #13
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) Dont Go to walmart Saxon it sucks, Go to Best buy,

I hate Walmart. Everything there is cheap, but terrible quality. Walmart is just killing small business. Damn them!
Old 05-06-2004, 01:05 AM   #14
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Thanks for posting the update from Michael. I'm going to have to check out that alterbridgeband.net address. Haven't heard of that one.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 05-06-2004, 02:13 AM   #15
ibleedpurple
USER INFO »
Hey guys! Just checkin in, that alterbridgeband.net site is partially mine... I did most of the design anyway, my friend Kim actually paid for the site and it was her idea and then I kinda took over and made the site... lol...

But, right now the site is down. I'm not really at liberty to say why, but it should be back in a few days.