++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-10-2004, 09:03 PM   #106
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by njcreedite) You sure the word was "band" not hand?
I used to be in God's hand????
Quote: (Originally Posted by lifelovesoul) I'm just going to go with that, Julbright. That would fit in the subject more anyway! Plus, I don't really think Scott would say that on national television if they haven't told us official yet. That just wouldn't make sense, and if they were having problems back then, I don't think they would be so sure about what was happening, or we'd already know official. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong, but I'm going to go with you Julbright. I'm also going to have to catch the show later.
"a God band" is the only part I'm sure he said. It's the only part that everyone else stopped talking and you can hear it pretty clearly. It's the begining of the sentence that is hard to hear.

I also thought at first that he wouldn't have said it if it wasn't released officially, but he said it so casually and in the background. It wasn't like he was deliberately saying it to the camera or anything.

The context around it was "lucky in love, unlucky at cards". Actually, I'm not even really sure why he made a "God" point at all. I mean ... I realize that Carrie Fisher was saying that "God knows" she and Tom G. were lucky in love (and therefore, unlucky at cards), but anyway you look at it ... it just doesn't make sense.

Anyway, I hope anyone (except me) is right.
Old 01-11-2004, 04:11 PM   #107
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Actually.....

Quote: (Originally Posted by addicted2stapp) Yes, I know that, and I didn't even say anything about having less rights, or less opinions than you do. Geesh.

And anyone is allowed here, as you can clearly see, not everyone agrees.

Your post said "Sad thing is the comments here pale in comparison to other sites." Anyone would have to be dumb not to see that you are comparing Creed Feed to other message boards. If you don't like it here, then take a hike, you don't need to state it.

Anyway, sorry, I'm not here to pick a fight with you.

You people are sweetiepies compared to the other creed site...I'm sure you all know which one I'm talking about. I actually got to watch the poker game last night....a wonderful friend taped it and sent it to me....all I saw was a guy playing some cards, trying to have a good time, kidding with his fellow players, trying to have a sense of humor, and being a good sport. I didn't see him do anything that all of his fellow players weren't doing also. Maybe alot of other people were watching something else???????? The point I'm trying to make: Imagine you were him....and everytime you appeared in public, for days afterwards all you heard was negative criticism. What kind of outlook on life would that give you? I'd probably be pissed at the world....but that's just me. Just asking that people here give some thought to how what they post here is....yes.....sometimes hurtful. Any maybe if they can't find something positive to say.....not to go out of their way to find something negative....I doubt it accomplishes anything good.
Old 01-11-2004, 05:57 PM   #108
Jez
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) Imagine you were him....and everytime you appeared in public, for days afterwards all you heard was negative criticism. What kind of outlook on life would that give you? I'd probably be pissed at the world....but that's just me. Just asking that people here give some thought to how what they post here is....yes.....sometimes hurtful. Any maybe if they can't find something positive to say.....not to go out of their way to find something negative....I doubt it accomplishes anything good.

Exactly

Creed~~Bullets
Old 01-11-2004, 06:08 PM   #109
Julbright
USER INFO »
Well I don't want to be argumentative but maybe we could look at it a different way:

Scott is human. He is not nor will he ever be perfect. Therefore, it is reasonable that there will be some things he doesn't do well - some choices he makes that aren't the best. And I am sorry to open a can of worms, but he screwed me in Chicago and it was by his own choosing, so he basically opened himself up by his own choosing.

Now before everyone jumps my shit for saying that, I would like you to keep reading

Think about this - isn't the best compliment in the whole entire world the one that says " I know you have all these faults and you make mistakes like the rest of us, but I still respect and adore you?" At least in this thread, that is what I hear people saying. Celebrity Poker was not his best night - it wasn't horrible and it was so so so so good to see him. So we poke a little fun. I know it sucks to live in the limelight but he chose that life with the good and the bad. We don't love him anyless and that would make me feel incredible - if I were him and I read things said like in this thread I would be like these people see my imperfections and love me anyway - how cool is that!?

I don't think it makes us any better of a fan to ignore his shortcomings or to be blinded to his errors - we don't do anyone any favors by letting them slide. And if I saw my best friend on a show, interview or something like that and I thought they were behaving a little out of character - I would say the same things. It isn't judgemental - at least not on my part - it is concern. He is different and I just hope it isn't because he is in unbearable pain. I wouldn't want that for him and I worry.

JMO
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 01-11-2004, 07:47 PM   #110
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
so what did he say? can you read his lips? (I didn't watch, so I don't even know if he appears at the point you're saying...)
Old 01-11-2004, 10:14 PM   #111
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Well said, Julbright.

And also 100% true, we do see his imperfections, and we DO still love him. He is only human, and he is defenitly not going to be an angel his whole life. He has made mistakes before where I have been shocked and thought, "Holy shit, did he actually do that? I can't believe it!" But, I have WAY WAY to much respect for Scott to just turn my back because of one thing that he did and I didn't like it. No-one is perfect. Including Scott. I just love the guy too much to disaprove of him.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 01-11-2004, 11:13 PM   #112
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Julbright) Think about this - isn't the best compliment in the whole entire world the one that says " I know you have all these faults and you make mistakes like the rest of us, but I still respect and adore you?" At least in this thread, that is what I hear people saying. Celebrity Poker was not his best night - it wasn't horrible and it was so so so so good to see him. So we poke a little fun. I know it sucks to live in the limelight but he chose that life with the good and the bad. We don't love him anyless and that would make me feel incredible - if I were him and I read things said like in this thread I would be like these people see my imperfections and love me anyway - how cool is that!?

I don't think it makes us any better of a fan to ignore his shortcomings or to be blinded to his errors - we don't do anyone any favors by letting them slide. And if I saw my best friend on a show, interview or something like that and I thought they were behaving a little out of character - I would say the same things. It isn't judgemental - at least not on my part - it is concern. He is different and I just hope it isn't because he is in unbearable pain. I wouldn't want that for him and I worry.

JMO

The first thing that would jump out at me would be that people who claim to love me were having a good time making fun of me. If I had a friend....and I was concerned about them....the last thing I would do is choose to point out every fault...even if I tempered it with the words...."but I love ya anyway". He chose to make music his life...he didn't choose the incredible amount of scrutiny he has to put up with. I watched that poker game last nite, and I'm sorry....I didn't see what people here and other places claim to have seen. So, I think we are just gonna have to agree to disagree here. I don't believe in the philosophy that people who achieve fame and celebrity don't have a right to a certain amount of privacy. I choose to continue to look for the good and I'm not gonna let loose with the negativity unless its truly called for...and so far I haven't seen anything on that tape that has changed my mind.
Old 01-14-2004, 04:28 PM   #113
Charmin
USER INFO »
You stand here with me JJ.

Charmin
Old 01-14-2004, 05:45 PM   #114
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Hey 2-ply........

Quote: (Originally Posted by Charmin) You stand here with me JJ.

Charmin

Love that song....I still wish they had released it as a single.
Old 01-15-2004, 04:05 PM   #115
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by addicted2stapp) Well said, Julbright.

And also 100% true, we do see his imperfections, and we DO still love him. He is only human, and he is defenitly not going to be an angel his whole life. He has made mistakes before where I have been shocked and thought, "Holy shit, did he actually do that? I can't believe it!" But, I have WAY WAY to much respect for Scott to just turn my back because of one thing that he did and I didn't like it. No-one is perfect. Including Scott. I just love the guy too much to disaprove of him.
Once again, A2S, I agree with all of what you said!

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On