++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-03-2003, 03:55 PM   #16
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
<!--QuoteBegin-facelessman+12-02-2003 11:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (facelessman @ 12-02-2003 11:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> i would say Tremonti...stapp is not popular amongst those who arent Creed fans, and out of all the Creed haters i know, they hate them b/c of stapp, ever think of that? [/b][/quote]
my sentiments exactly.... with the original question regarding the future success of these 2 gifted men, i'd say mark will be more successful b/c a) he has a band and b) people are more indifferent toward him, so more people will be more open to sampling his stuff.... with stapp, it's love/hate, and to be quite frank, i would guess there's more people that aren't fond of him than there are women that are absolutely in love with him (as we, naturally, see quite a fair amount of on this board).... think about Rage: where's Zack now? the rest of the guys are part of a multiplatinum band... what I see is Mark, Flip, and Brian forming a band with either a famous "deposed" frontman or with some obscure singer and becoming very popular... we'll see, though.

Old 12-03-2003, 05:13 PM   #17
Malevolence
USER INFO »
I say Tremonti.

He's the man with the musical talent.

Granted, Stapp can sing.

However, what kind of music will Stapp make post Creed?

It's Tremonti's music that gave his writing life. Without Tremonti, Stapp is just another poet/singer/songwriter.

I'm not sure how Stapp will do a solo CD anyway. Will he sing by himself, or do pop, or what?
Old 12-03-2003, 07:16 PM   #18
lifelovesoul
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-creedlvr+12-02-2003 08:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (creedlvr @ 12-02-2003 08:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

I would bet on Stapp (as long as he pulls himself together if need be). While Mark is a great guitarist, Stapp has that recognizable voice that people love. It was his voice, lyrics and charisma that pulled me in.
[/b][/quote]
you took the words right out of my mouth!
Old 12-03-2003, 07:34 PM   #19
Sheila63
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-DSDTonya+12-03-2003 01:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DSDTonya @ 12-03-2003 01:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Sooooo not true--any feeders here think Stapps voice isnt amazing???????
I know I do-like I said
[/b][/quote]
Me!! I've said it before but Scott's voice and the lyrics are what got me hooked from the first time I heard their music. But I also think Mark and Flip are awesome musicians. I'm interested in hearing what both of them will do.

Relearn Love
Old 12-03-2003, 09:54 PM   #20
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Now that Justin Timberlake has gone solo, I hear N'Sync is looking for a new lead singer. I can see Stapp sing Bye Bye Bye.**

**The aforementioned post was entirely and totally a joke.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 12-03-2003, 10:08 PM   #21
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
<!--QuoteBegin-TeriB19+12-03-2003 09:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TeriB19 @ 12-03-2003 09:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Now that Justin Timberlake has gone solo, I hear N'Sync is looking for a new lead singer. I can see Stapp sing Bye Bye Bye.** [/b][/quote]
lol
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 12-03-2003, 11:48 PM   #22
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: think about Rage: where's Zack now? the rest of the guys are part of a multiplatinum band..

Didn't Zack want to leave music, though? I don't think it's the same situation. Creed have a ton of Scott fans, who I think will be into whatever he does.
Old 12-04-2003, 12:40 AM   #23
RMadd
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-TeriB19+12-03-2003 08:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TeriB19 @ 12-03-2003 08:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Now that Justin Timberlake has gone solo, I hear N'Sync is looking for a new lead singer. I can see Stapp sing Bye Bye Bye.** [/b][/quote]
don't they all live in the same fancy-ass neighborhood in the O-Town? like w/ tiger and all those dudes?

Old 12-04-2003, 08:46 AM   #24
Leader of Men
USER INFO »
I think Tremonti would be better off, there is so many people that can just sing. Now-a-days people are looking for singer/guitarists.

I dont think any of them would be successful though, they'd all end up on "Where are they now?" in 4 years.

Please sign up and make a man feel good
Old 12-04-2003, 09:27 AM   #25
DSDTonya
USER INFO »
Quote: Now that Justin Timberlake has gone solo, I hear N'Sync is looking for a new lead singer. I can see Stapp sing Bye Bye Bye.**

ROFLMAO--THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WRONG! :P
Ya dont think Tremo will give it a go at "Cry Me a River" do ya???
Old 12-04-2003, 12:13 PM   #26
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
<!--QuoteBegin-BearFan+12-04-2003 12:40 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BearFan @ 12-04-2003 12:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
don't they all live in the same fancy-ass neighborhood in the O-Town? like w/ tiger and all those dudes? [/b][/quote]
i thought they all shared a house, too
i know timberlake has more that one house
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 12-04-2003, 12:20 PM   #27
creedlvr
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-DSDTonya+12-03-2003 01:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DSDTonya @ 12-03-2003 01:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> YeS! I was thinking more along the lines of Tremo changing the style in his new band-but if its just like Creed minus Scott-I wont be so excited. Would feel odd like I'm betraying Stapp. [/b][/quote]
exactly!
Old 12-04-2003, 12:23 PM   #28
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-Dogstar+12-03-2003 06:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dogstar @ 12-03-2003 06:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I have yet to meet anyone who isn't a Creed fan give Stapp any credit. You are lucky, jooji...Also, yes, if Mark goes in the direction he says he wants to, which he probably does, then it could be really cool. I wouldn't want him not to evolve if he's going off in another direction.[/b][/quote]
I have a co-worker who owns one CD by Metallica...bought after she heard a song and was struck by the singer's voice. That's all she bought the CD for...was to hear his voice...never underestimate the power of a voice. If Mark evolves into heavy metal...then he's lost me.....I do listen to some bands that might be considered heavy metal...but it is generally only one or two songs...and I opt not to buy the CD full of other things I dont care to listen to. Unfortunately....in this case I'm not all that excited no matter what direction Tremonti takes.
Old 12-04-2003, 12:27 PM   #29
creedlvr
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-Jooji_2+12-04-2003 12:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jooji_2 @ 12-04-2003 12:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> ...never underestimate the power of a voice. If Mark evolves into heavy metal...then he's lost me.....I do listen to some bands that might be considered heavy metal...but it is generally only one or two songs...and I opt not to buy the CD full of other things I dont care to listen to. Unfortunately....in this case I'm not all that excited no matter what direction Tremonti takes. [/b][/quote]
I agree 100%.
Old 12-04-2003, 12:35 PM   #30
Leader of Men
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-Leader of Men+12-04-2003 01:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Leader of Men @ 12-04-2003 01:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I think Tremonti would be better off, there is so many people that can just sing. Now-a-days people are looking for singer/guitarists.

I dont think any of them would be successful though, they'd all end up on "Where are they now?" in 4 years. [/b][/quote]
I agree with you

Please sign up and make a man feel good