++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 08-09-2004, 10:39 PM   #1
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Church

OK. I am hearing different opinions of church, good and bad. I think it is time to look into the word for how church should be run.

Alot of time, churches are run by business principles and moral and social trends and values. Some are cool I must admit, but let's have a look into what insights the bible gives us into church.

I think one of the most valuable and underrated gifts we have today as Christians, is the Bible, so lets do a study!

Please understand that this is not necessarily a thread to share your experiences, but to most importantly see what the scriptures say. Perhaps we can be catalysts for a new generation of churches! U never know!

Whose first

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 08-09-2004, 10:41 PM   #2
Aaron J
USER INFO »
Wow, ya know what I'll look into this and get back to you later, good topic though...
Old 08-10-2004, 12:33 AM   #3
creedsister
USER INFO »
I wish i was first But anyways i will start with just a few of my opions I dont have all night, first of all i dont think a church doors should be closed at anytime and like you stated before someone should always be on call day or night and in most churches u have alter call and most the time when people recieve a blessing from going to the alter people is always there which is fine but i think when people recieve a blessing there should be a room to go to for clarity after the lord has spoken to whatever person and i really think coming to church with a whatch on shouldnt be and i think people should feel at ease when coming in the house of the lord such has dress codes come as you are the lord will clean you up i think thats a good reason right there which keeps people out of church is all the rules and activteys such as plays and other stuff should take place somwere else outside the church for his house should be called the house of prayer and i dont think you should buy or sell in a church for any reason these things should also take place outside the church and the louder we can keep the praise pump up the amps the lord loves the praise of his people and i think everybody that is gifted to sing or play their own style shoud have a shot of praise and worship the way they like so nobody feels left out i find it a drag in church hearing the same stuff over and over again and most of all JESUS Should Be The Head At All Times And i think everybody should feel like they have a speciale place in the church whatever it may be and if there is nothing for theme todo there should be given something for everybody todo everybodys got a hidden talent for whatever i think that should have a place in the house of God and i dont think nobody should be forced in to be saved that sometimes happens a lot i would open the doors and let jesus have his way i think everybody should be welcome in a church Regardless Of Their Religion well those are just a few
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 08-18-2004, 10:59 PM   #4
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
One thing that I have noticed about churces these days, is that a lot of the people in leadership let politics run the church and then the Pastor's end up doing something extremely stupid and it causes the church to split. There are a lot of churches out there that have to much of a haughty attitude and are to willing to be self righteouse. Don't get me wrong, I go to church and enjoy it a lot, but in the bible it states that people will become lovers of themselves in the last days and I'm noticing it a lot more lately.
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot

Last edited by JulieCitySlicker : 08-18-2004 at 11:04 PM.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:09 AM   #5
creedsister
USER INFO »
Your Right Yes The Churches Of Today Are Becoming Just Like The Word Said they Would Be i loved reading your post Politics dont Belong IN The House Of God But they seems to get in there some how dosent it Church Is About Good Times Good It Worship And t Should be Everybodys Safe Place To Go But I Really Dont See It No Where Thats Why i Have Church At Home Where The true Spirt Of God Can Move No Rules There !!!! Thats The Way A Church Should Be REALLY
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 08-24-2004, 09:50 AM   #6
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
yeh. Problem is when I do that I get burnout. I have had people knocking on my door at 3am. Of course, I wont ignore them and stuff cos loving is full time as far as I am concerned, but I wanna encourage them to turn to God, not me. God don't need us. But He uses us.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 08-24-2004, 10:08 AM   #7
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Anyways, this thread is not about opinions, its about finding bible verses that relate to how we should conduct church. How we should behave, how we should treat others, what should be some of the main elements and important issues brought up in meetings.

So I will start. This is an obvious one:

Acts 2:44-47
Quote: (Originally Posted by Acts 2:44-47) 44Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common, 45and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need.

46So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, 47praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.

Main points:

*Together. Not APART!

*Had ALL things in common. There was UNITY!

*Sold their posessions and goods: Go the lack of materialism!! woohoo!!

BUT WAIT
THERE'S MORE!!

*Divided it up as anyone had need! Man, they gave up their own luxuries to help their brothers and sisters!!!

*In the temple! See, they still went. Oh! Did it again say, of one accord? Wow! unity again!!!

*Fellowship out of the temple. Eating and hanging with their friends, worshiping at their places...Sadly, this is not done enough these days!

*Gladness and simplicity of heart. Big time humility here.

*Praising God

*Having favour with all the people. Perhaps our churches should think of ways that good relationships with the surrounding community can be established. (I'm sure some do though, of course. I'm not pointing the finger here).

*AND The Lord added DAILY!!! Not just on Sundays maaaaan!!! Daily! What a blessing!

Anyways, there are a few things I picked out.
C'mon, whose next.
Put some verse down that shows a good way that church should be run.

Too many churches are run by opinions. What does the bible say.

ROCK HARD!!!

Last edited by Sincirr : 08-24-2004 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:09 AM   #8
creedsister
USER INFO »
HaHa, I know it, nobody can reach the father, except through me thats what i tell,em u dont need me, you go talk to jesus now he will tell ya whats a going down ...........I must look like 911,
Old 08-24-2004, 10:19 AM   #9
Sincirr
USER INFO »
I am glad that you have your house open for people Creedsister. You must have a gift of mercy. How you dont get battered around emotionally I am amazed. You must hand over the burden to God well. I am not so good at it...

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 08-24-2004, 10:25 AM   #10
creedsister
USER INFO »
Yes i do, sometimes you know how the good lord feels, all we can do is just be understanding..... and roll with the flow,
Old 08-24-2004, 07:34 PM   #11
creedsister
USER INFO »
Such A Church Should Be Saved!!!!!!!!!

I think it all starts out something like this Matt Ch 16 Verse 18.....We Need More Rocks!!!! So The Gates Of HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST IT, And i will give unto thee THE KEYS OF THE KINGDOM Of Heaven And Whatsoever You Shall Bind On Earth Shall Be Bound in Heavean,, And Whatsoever You Shall Loose On Earth Shall Be Loosed In Heaven Indeed is All About UNITY........If you will read Eph 5.28.32 My Final Comments, if everybody Aint getting down with the program, a church will destroy its self And The Spirt Of God Cant Move
Old 08-24-2004, 11:21 PM   #12
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
[quote=Sincirr]Anyways, this thread is not about opinions, its about finding bible verses that relate to how we should conduct church.

Oh! Sorry Donna I wasn't quite sure what you wanted to have put in here before I posted that
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 08-25-2004, 01:01 PM   #13
creedsister
USER INFO »
HaHaHa i know what donna wanted,,,,,But i could,nt help my Opion some of mine opion from my first post Were From the Bible I cant help it i just get worked up sometimes....HaHa
Old 08-27-2004, 06:31 AM   #14
Sincirr
USER INFO »
I didnt mean to say that to tell off anyone

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 08-27-2004, 02:37 PM   #15
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Its all good Donna
alone
All I know
on my own