++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-31-2002, 11:48 AM   #46
souldancer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by ekk25
My intent to join here was two fold.  First, I wanted to air my disgust in a public forum over the concert on Sunday night.  Second, I wanted to give credit to the opening act, Local h.
Good luck to Creed and their uncertain future.
Consider it done. Creed has a lot more going for them than just luck, but it can't hurt. Take care, and if you change your mind and become a fan again...you will be welcome with open arms...
Old 12-31-2002, 01:48 PM   #47
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
...Yeah....Your certainly a 'brother of mine' no matter what!

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 12-31-2002, 03:55 PM   #48
Daygo23
USER INFO »
Hey teriB

Don't get the new posters wrong! Listen you need to stop bashing and saying their not real fans. Them and all of us are just as big of fans as you and all the other people bashing new posters are. Just because we have a life and jobs where we don't have all the time in the world to post messages like you all do. We are all huge fans and we will always be here for Creed. We have a right to vent...TeriB were you there were you there in Chicago that night, if not you don't know how it felt and you will never know until it happen to you! So keep your mouth shut in that respect. It hurt us all I witnessed my hero who I spent over 250 on tickets alone not too mention $70 on merchandise get up on stage a drunken fool, that’s how he repays me, that’s not right. People are upset because they are heartbroken, that’s doesn’t mean they are not true fans. It hurt it really hurt cut us some slack! We do love Creed and we will continue to support but for you to say we were not true fans because we don't post messages come on TERIB!
Old 12-31-2002, 04:17 PM   #49
ammmook
USER INFO »
for one who dont see the last show

you can say what you want about the band, but when you give 50$ US, (80$ canadien) X 2, two tickets planes and one night at the hotel, and you return at your home with this kind of show, i dont think you can be happy. The arena was full, you cant go on stage like that.

when i see what append after the intermission of creed, it was remember me gun's n roses in montreal(after two song, he left the stage and never come back)

i listen creed for about 3years now, i love this band, i like their music, but i never ever go on another show of creed on my life.

i think when you dont have respect for your fans, the fans wont stay for long time,
Old 12-31-2002, 04:40 PM   #50
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
he has respect for us, i know he does!

If you really love creed and are very passionte about their music but then you go and leave them when the going gets tough, well then you aren't a very respectful fan are you...once a creed fan always a creed fan, and what i can say is that no matter what i am sticking by them they have done so much for me to just leave them now, and no one else should either
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 12-31-2002, 07:57 PM   #51
ammmook
USER INFO »
for sure

i never said that i dont like creed anymore, but i said that i paid too much for what i saw, I'll be waiting to see creed on tv, because i dont pay one cent more. I'll do my part and i never got mine
Old 12-31-2002, 08:33 PM   #52
franrn
USER INFO »
to all the fans of CREED, past and present, give the guy a break !! We don't walk in his shoes. I'm sure he (stapp) didn't mean to get drunk and put on a crappy performance. Maybe his personnel life is getting to him and YES !!! I think he owes the fans an apology. I would have been upset too,but not to stop thinking the band is not a great band is just plan crazy. To each his own!!!. I've seen them twice and each time they were awesome. They really need a break. Hopefully this summer will be a fresh start for them

ROCK ON !!!
Old 12-31-2002, 08:38 PM   #53
franrn
USER INFO »
Daygo23,I think you owe terriB an apology for telling her to SHUT her mouth. She is entitled to her opinion and we should have respect for everyone on this thread,
Old 12-31-2002, 10:37 PM   #54
upchurchfan
USER INFO »
Sorry to hear ....

to hear That Chicago concert Sucked........

Especially feel bad for the fans who spent alot of $ for a crappy show.......

Hopefully they will redo that show for the fans sake........they really love the fans but it is obvious personal problems is effecting the band right now.......

I have seen Creed several times and I am proud to say it was worth every penny.........

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.... mine is stick it out I am sure Creed will make it up to their fans somehow........ they are just that kind of band.........

They need support right now.... they have mine 110% .......
Old 12-31-2002, 10:53 PM   #55
Tremonti_Cobain
USER INFO »
I think that the reals fans are more worried about the state that scott is in than the money or time that they've "wasted"...
I understand you people beeing angry and dissapointed, but let's focus on the most importante thing...scott recovering and the band keeping on rocking the world...
I'm sure that they'll get over this...

Send my best wishes to scott and the band...
Old 12-31-2002, 11:34 PM   #56
Stappified
USER INFO »
Always a Creed/Scott Stapp fan

Not just cause I'm some chick obsessed with Scott's body, hair, eyes, whatever. (I am all that, I admit, but...) The main reason I'm an Creedfan is that they are a team & so passionate about doing what they love. I can't believe people who are saying they do it for the money & fame are even saying that. They are the LEAST "sold out" band I've ever seen.

They're all great at what they do & I love the band's music, their intensity, & their personalities. Their music/lyrics have affected me & so many millions in a positive way, saved lives in fact... & continue to do so. Their sound is their own, not someone else's as some seem to insist. If they continue to insist that, they need to listen to all of their music & not just the ones played on the air. Radio won't play most of the more intense songs cause they're not "commercially" profitable.

As for Stapp, he's the most passionate person I can ever imagine... & I don't mean in the way that most people take that. He puts his heart & soul into his music, his performances... & into his relationship with his fans. Why do you think he came back on tour so soon after his accident? Why do you think he over-did it coming back & trying to make up so many shows? Why do you think he is now taking meds to help him sing after larynx problems from over doing it?

As for his appearance, he's on steroids (probably prednisone or similar) & they quickly affect a person's weight, making especially their face "puffy" & swollen. Do you not think Scott hates that he looks "puffy"? He has kept himself in good shape all this time for his fans. Imagine having to put up with all the criticism Creed normally gets & then all this on top of that. Scott Stapp LIVES for Jagger & for his FANS.

I was at the 7-15 show in Charlotte NC right on the rail between Scott & Mark...& I can tell you they love what they do & they love their fans. Scott expressed his appreciation many times & seemed so happy to be there. It was probably the best night of my life. Because of what he (& the rest) put into it. I don't know what happened with Scott in Chicago, & it makes me really sad. But I'm not angry. And I wouldn't be if I had spent money on tickets either. I would still just be sad. That's just not like him to act that way & I hope everything will be okay.

Not that I'm condoning his actions, or trying to make excuses for him. I do think that even if he does not explain, he should at least apologize. Regardless, I am & will remain a Creed fan...& a Scott Stapp fan. Because I am a LOYAL fan. Not a fair weather fan. Believe me. I love football. I have been a Dallas Cowboy fan since I was 8 yrs old. And I'm 36 now. That's a long time. If you don't already know this, Dallas has had lots of ups and downs, but lately mostly downs. For about 10 yrs now. But yes, I'm still (& always will be) a Dallas fan too.

Had to get that off my chest. Rock on Scott! Rock on Creed fans.
Old 01-01-2003, 03:11 PM   #57
Daygo23
USER INFO »
Hey ekk25

Don't start this crap where you used to like Creed until they became commercialized! If you like a band for their music and their presence then you will always like them...some crap like the band becoming to commercialized or to rich or to famous should have nothing to do with changing your mind about a band...That type of behavior is shown by PUNKS you know those people who where the weird clothes, only like underground music, and as soon as the band they like starts getting recognition for being a good band they are sell outs. If you ask me punks are sell outs..they talk about how it's not cool to be trendy when in fact being a punk is one big TREND...but I won't get into that too much!

On a better note IM very interested to know how the Philly concert went, and if Stapp snapped out of it!!
Old 01-01-2003, 03:19 PM   #58
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: On a better note IM very interested to know how the Philly concert went, and if Stapp snapped out of it!!

It was great and he did snap out of it. I'm sorry you had such a bad time in Chicago. I'm sorry for bashing the all of the newcomers, I generalized you all into one category. I assumed that most of the 30+ people who joined our bb the day after the Chicago show joined only to vent their frustrations and try to bring the rest of us down. I know you all had a right to be angry, and I know a great many of you put a lot of time, energy and money into a show that was less than desireable. But can you see my point as to the number of people who came here to tell us how badly Creed sucked, how they'll never listen to Creed again, how they'll never spend another dime on Creed, now they are the next thing to satan for putting on a bad show? My bashing was only meant for those people, and for those of you who do not fall into that category, I apologize.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-01-2003, 06:33 PM   #59
ronda
USER INFO »
Teri, You are correct. I did join the forum for a way to get the message out on how I felt about the display in Chicago. How else is the band going to know how we feel about the show? They know we love them because we spent the money on the tickets and C D 'S . After the anger wore off from the show on the 29th I am starting to realize how bad everything sounded. But dont take it back. Were you at the show on the 29th? If not, then maybe you should realize this site is here for all of us , even the angry ones. I am a fan and have been one for longer than the time I have been logged into the frorum.
Old 01-01-2003, 07:48 PM   #60
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: TeriB were you there were you there in Chicago that night, if not you don't know how it felt and you will never know until it happen to you! So keep your mouth shut in that respect.

Lay off TeriB, Daygo. She did not mean to lump every new poster into one category of bashers. It seemed odd to her and to me and others here that all of a sudden the board was inundated with new people bashing the band. What she took issue with was those who said they would turn their backs on the band because of Scott Stapp's poor performance. Everyone makes mistakes. Would you turn on a good friend who slipped up?

And just because she wasn't there doesn't mean she can't empathize with those of you who suffered. Believe me, I would have been upset with Scott's display as well, but it would have been more concern than anger. I saw a bit of it at Penn State and I was worried back then.