++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-10-2003, 09:24 PM   #91
ronda
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
[quote]Originally posted by Steve
[b]Ok, here's an analogy for you all... take it as you will.

I'm a huge football fan. I love the Green Bay Packers. Lets say that I purchased two tickets for the Wildcard playoff game between the Packers and the Atlanta Falcons. Well we all saw the outcome of that game (at least you did if you are a football fan). Well I paid $150 per ticket for seats on the 20 yard line. The Packers played like shit and lost the game badly. They embarassed themselves out there... I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

You went to the Creed concert with an expectation to see a good concert, just like I went to the football game to see a good fame played - we both lost out, and that's that.

Ok,, steve say you went to the game and the players all came out on the field with T-shirts on and no pad. And played touch football. WHen you went to see tackle foot ball???????? And what if the cheerleaders came out in bath robes. Ant the team shut down after a few plays to take a break because they were haveing a bad day??? Your analogy SUCKS. This is my opinion.
I am done witht the whining and complaining . I just think your analogy sucked is all.
Old 01-10-2003, 09:27 PM   #92
JenRN
USER INFO »
Very well said Shunammite You can stay here anytime!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-10-2003, 09:31 PM   #93
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by ronda
Ok,, steve say you went to the game and the players all came out on the field with T-shirts on and no pad. And played touch football. WHen you went to see tackle foot ball???????? And what if the cheerleaders  came out in bath robes. Ant the team shut down after a few plays to take a break because they were haveing a bad day??? Your analogy SUCKS. This is my opinion.
I am done witht the whining and complaining . I just think your analogy sucked is all.
[/b]

Get a grip. It was a perfect analogy. When you're dealing with human performance, you can't be assured of anything, even when you do plunk down the dough for the tickets. And I'm sorry, I think your analogy is ridiculous. From what I have read of others who attended the 12/29 show, the rest of the Creed *team* pulled together like a team does and played their asses off.

There's a thread on here about a petition to complain about the Chicago show. Why don't you go and find it.
Old 01-10-2003, 09:37 PM   #94
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Shunammite! That was a wonderful post. Thanks so much!
Old 01-10-2003, 09:44 PM   #95
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Your analogy SUCKS. This is my opinion.
You are right, it is your opinion. But IMO and the O's of many others, Steve's analogy is DEAD ON. The rest of the Creed Team picked up the slack, as do the other players on a team when one is not playing up to their best potential. And apparently you are NOT done with the whining and complaining. Dogstar is right, go find Robo74's petition, sign it, and post on that forum. I'm not saying you should leave this forum, so please don't take it that way. I'm saying if you want to post with others who will commiserate with you, there is the perfect place to do so.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-10-2003, 09:53 PM   #96
ronda
USER INFO »
to dog star.
In a football game you know there is a winner and a looser. In a concert there is a performance for the fans. Concerts are not sporting events. The outcome is not set in a game , the outcome of a concert is somewhat under the control of the performers.
Yes , I agree with you the rest of the band did a wonderful job. I dont think we would of noticed them so much if Scott would of been himself.
The anology sucked for me about football. If you liked it well, good for you.
I am not still upset with the 29th show. And not complaining.
I just dont think paying to see a game is the same as paying to see a show. Yes you may be disappointed your team did not play well. But games are like that , you know your team has a 50/50 chance of loosing. The out come was in the control of the band, he had control of himself. Getting drunk before a concert and not performing, is not the same as missing a field goal.
Old 01-10-2003, 09:56 PM   #97
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
So you're not upset anymore about the Chicago show, now you're upset with Steve's analogy?

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-10-2003, 09:59 PM   #98
ronda
USER INFO »
Dogstar?
Do you mean all of these posts you are writing on the subject of the Chicago show and you were not even there???????????
Old 01-10-2003, 10:01 PM   #99
ronda
USER INFO »
Not upset with steves anology, Just dont think we are comparing apples to apples is all.
I did not do the comparison.. I just dont agree with it.
Old 01-10-2003, 10:26 PM   #100
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Dogstar?  
Do you mean all of these posts you are writing on the subject of the Chicago show and you were not even there???????????

Yes, and I have a right, just as you do, TO STATE MY FRICKEN OPINION, so get off my fricken back about not being there. I felt as if I WERE there with the myriad posts on this show. Many others on this board who did not attend have done the same. That's what we do here. I happen to not agree with your opinion and vice versa. In the adult world, this is called debating.

Getting back to the subject at hand: I don't think it's at all comparing apples to oranges. There have been other things besides human frailty that have conspired to ruin a good game/concert...technical problems and the like. The Penn State show was riddled with mic problems, amps blowing out and a 20-minute power failure. The set was shortened and the band did their best to carry on despite all that. Granted, it's not the same as the lead singer showing up piss-ass drunk, but I didn't demand my money back because they at least finished the show. I've been to many a concert from other bands where technical problems sent the lead singer to the showers and we were left with less than half a show. Been to plenty of other shows where some band members were stoned, drunk, off-key, too. SHIT HAPPENS.
Old 01-11-2003, 12:34 AM   #101
creedlvr
USER INFO »
I think it is really unfair to say that just because some of us weren't at the Chicago show, that we aren't entitled to have an opinion.

I really love Creed and Scott Stapp. I truly admire what they stand for. I think that is what makes me like them even more.

When I heard about what happened in Chicago, my heart sank! I had logged on to find out how the concert went because I was going to see them on NYE. When I read the reviews, I couldn't believe it! Was this the same "Creed" ... the same "Scott Stapp" that I respect and admire for his beliefs??? I literally had a pit in my stomach. I had paid $115 per ticket after bidding on them online ($230 for 2), paid almost $200 for a hotel room (a REALLY crappy one at that!!), took a day off from work, made my husband take a day off from work to take me, and had to drive 3 hours to get there ... only to wait in line outside for 7 hours! If Scott had come out on stage drunk, I CAN'T say I wouldn't have been incredibly disappointed/pissed off or whatever else. I will tell you this, after reading those reviews, I certainly was concerned about what to expect for our show. BUT ... I was REALLY concerned about Scott.

You have to stop and think ... what could've caused this?? THIS IS NOT LIKE HIM! he has NEVER done anything like this before.

I have had very mixed emotions about the whole thing because I really do put Scott and Creed on a higher level than a lot of other bands. Hearing about this whole incident was quite disconcerting. I was disappointed in him ... and I wasn't even there. I felt like he let me down. But on the other hand, the "human" aspect took over and I realized that he has troubles right now. NO ... he didn't handle them properly. YES ... he used INCREDIBLY poor judgement. But it doesn't make him a bad person. IT JUST MAKES HIM HUMAN!! He is not Jesus Christ. Most of his lyrics (and beliefs) reflect the way he WANTS to be ... not necessarily the way he IS.

He's had many, many amazing shows ... let's try to focus on those! And again, I was NOT at the Chicago show ... but that does not mean that I am not entitled to an opinion. I'll bet if everyone who wasn't at the show, agreed that Scott Stapp was an ass that night and that he is some horrible person for letting the fans down, then none of those concert goers would complain about our having an opinion.

I did want to share this article that I found ... perhaps some of you have seen it already. While it DOES rehash ... in detail... the events of that dreadful evening, and CLEARLY this person is very upset with Scott ... at least it is a pretty logical opinion and shows a concern for Scott and the band. It is pretty long (so is this post .... sorry!) and again, certainly isn't at all implying we should all just forgive and forget ... but I actually really enjoyed this article. Check it out if you'd like.
http://www.februarystars.org/12292002.html

Shun ... GREAT POST!!!
Old 01-11-2003, 12:49 AM   #102
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Great find. Thanks for the link.
Old 01-11-2003, 12:55 AM   #103
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Was your Hotel the Holiday Inn Stadium? I f it was I understand.
Old 01-11-2003, 01:25 AM   #104
creedlvr
USER INFO »
YES ... it was! Did you stay there, too? It was absolutely awful. I knew it wasn't going to be anything special. I only booked it because it was so close to the Spectrum.

When we checked in, they first couldn't find our reservation. While we were standing there we heard people complaining in the lobby about their rooms ... no hot water, no heat, handles breaking off the toilets, no working TV, etc.

When we went back after the concert, we thought we had walked into a hotel version of Hollywood Blvd. There were girls in there that I would've sworn were hookers! ... and they thought they looked GREAT!!

We went to our room after having to walk up 7 flights of stairs ... because waiting for the elevator would've taken till the next morning to get us to our room ... and couldn't get in because neither of our key cards would work.

We then proceeded to walk back downstairs. After listening for about a 1/2 hour of arguing in the lobby about how the bar in the restaurant was charging $20 to get in on top of cost of drinks ... even though it was after 1am and the bar was closing at 2 ... someone finally addressed us.

She "said" she fixed our cards. So we ... again ... walked up 7 flights of stairs ... and STILL ... could not get in! [REPEAT previous 2 paragraphs!]

After the manager came up to FINALLY let us in our room ... where the lights weren't working ... we had to listen to the manager banging on the door next to ours so that the guy next door would stop beating up his pregnant wife/girlfriend long enough to open the door!

Needless to say ... I couldn't wait till morning!

I'm sure that was way more info than you needed. Just had to vent!

Sorry!
Old 01-11-2003, 02:13 AM   #105
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
I got there Tuesday morning around 12:15, The pictures on the website looked alot better. We checked in and went to our room and I 'd requested a king bed and the room had doubles. I called to complain and guy said sorry that's all we have. So I told him iI'd take it up with his manager in the morning. The hotel stunk so bad I couldn't wait so I called around and found the Park Hyatt at the Bellevue, it was very nice but pricey, I didn't care I was someplce I didn't know and I wanted to be safe. I went down to tell the guy we were not staying and he tolld me that we had been in the room for atleast 15 minutes that they had to check the bed to make sure we didn't have sex in it. I'm sure their were hookers there , I saw a few my self. Live and learn I guess.