++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-08-2003, 04:23 PM   #16
ronda
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by hotforscott
Ronda, who are you to decide what WE feel about the music? Post YOUR OWN comments all day long if you like, but please don't put words in people's mouths. I saw the show in Chicago and it was my 3rd and I still think the shows are a wonderful experience. I will be at every show within 4 hours of me, next tour. I am able to get past the Chicago experience, if you are so warped that you think less of them as people because of it, maybe you should get past the Chicago show, too.

Warped for thinking less of the band. ok , Yep warped then. I do think less of the band since the show. Not the whole band just the image . Warped for thinking less of someone for disappointing me, and putting on a terrible show. Yep warped then. What EVER>>>>> Getting past it. I am past it, still disappointed but past it.
As for me putting words in your mouth, i dont belive I directly quoted you, but what ever. I do still think some people are pouring themselves into creed. If you dont, that is ok you are allowed to have your opinion. Some people have posted on this board over 3,000 times others over 1,000 to me that is a person that is way too much into the band. Just my opinion. Dont like it,, then dont read it.
Old 01-08-2003, 04:52 PM   #17
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Hey Ronda, cut us some slack okay? Not every single post on every single thread in every single forum of this bulletin board is Creed-related. People come here, they make friends, they post conversation, jokes, stories and harmless ribbing of each other and some of it actually has nothing whatsoever to do with Creed. We all understand you're disappointed with Creed. You've made your point, and in your opinion, those that have over 3000 posts are way too into a band. That's your opinion and it is to be respected. But I just want to point out to you that not every single post is a Creed-worshipping post. Maybe if you stick around long enough, you'll make some friends and have idle chatter back and forth and it won't even have Creed or Scott or Chicago in the post! Try it.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-08-2003, 05:19 PM   #18
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Like Dogstar said, I understand that they do what they do for money and yes, they're paid to perform. I'm also aware that they're human just like us and do things that disappoint/hurt other people. I know I've done things that I haven't been proud of too.

Relearn Love
Old 01-08-2003, 05:37 PM   #19
tru2mine
USER INFO »
creed rocks and since the nye concert i cant stop listening to them
Old 01-08-2003, 05:40 PM   #20
#1creedfan
USER INFO »
Give Them a Break

I saw Creed for the first time in Pittsburgh this past summer and it was the most amazing concert I have ever seen. There music is so moving to me.
You people have to realize that he is only human. Humans make mistakes. Have you ever made a mistake that you regret? He has had an incredible year this year between the tabloids, car accident, his voice and not to mention law suits and his ex-wife problems. He has had to come forward and defended himself too many times for all the gossip that has been circling him and the band. In many interviews they(the whole band)have stated that they will not talk to the press or explain themselves because all it does is just fuel more gossip!
He made a mistake that upset alot of people. But that does not make him less of a person. It doesnt mean that the words he sings mean any less to himself. We all make mistakes and we all hope that when we do, that everyone will forgive us right? Put yourself in his shoes. Think about how he feels. Shouldn't we show and give him the same respect that we would want. Lets show some understanding and support.
Just give love to all-Let's give love to all**We've seen our share of ups and downs Oh how quickly life can turn around in an instant It feels so good to reunite Within yourself and within your mind Let's find peace there:band:
Old 01-08-2003, 06:04 PM   #21
ronda
USER INFO »
Teri,
I appreciate your post. I am not trying to cut on anyone here. I was not saying it is awful to be in a magical state after a concert. I was stating that due to recent events that magic was not there for me. And my post merely explains how I came to that opinion. I felt that the magic was tarnished by the way the show was handled in Chicago.
Your posts seem to be very positive and upbeat, I am sorry not all of mine are. Yet Feel I have a good reason for feeling the way I feel. I cut you all the slack in the world, my response was mostly to hotforscott and dogstar.
Old 01-08-2003, 06:30 PM   #22
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Some people have posted on this board over 3,000 times others over 1,000 to me that is a person that is way too much into the band. Just my opinion. Dont like it,, then dont read it.

Perhaps you should read the 3,000 posts before you form an opinion about people being *way too much* into the band. I don't mind being flamed if you have the facts to back it up. Do your homework before you open your mouth. Just my opinion.

Teri pretty much explained why some people have posted a lot, so I don't feel the need to repeat it.
Old 01-08-2003, 06:34 PM   #23
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Understood!

Old 01-08-2003, 06:59 PM   #24
ronda
USER INFO »
ok we are over this now.. on to positive things.....
Old 01-08-2003, 09:12 PM   #25
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I appreciate your PM, Ronda. I took your post in a way that you were implying we were way to much into the band. I understand that was your opinion and maybe I should not have replied the way I did. It just seemed your opinion was pretty harsh for someone who didn't know what half of our posts were about. I post anything from childhood memories on this board to recipies. I am not here to put you down. I hope you stay, I just took what you said a little personal and and the fact that you stated in your PM that people with 1,000 posts were way to into the band made me feel that you were in a way forcing your opinion on me. I have posted over 1,000 times, but I am a very friendly and upbeat person, as is Dogstar. I formed my post about you based on what you had posted. You formed your post about me, based on 2 of my 1,000+ posts. I apologise if I made you feel unwelcome and I hope that you understand my point. I probably jumped the gun a little, but it seemed you had some pretty negative posts and it kind of got to me. Thanks, Carrie
Old 01-08-2003, 10:04 PM   #26
JenRN
USER INFO »
Let's all remember that music is what brought us all together as fans and friends. We all need to remember the band members are just like us; they feel like us, sleep like us , fart like us and even cry like us. They are HUMAN!!!! I don't think any of us "over 1000" posts have put them on a pedistal! I love Creed for their lyrics, incredible music, love for the fans and best of all the way they make me feel when I listen to their music!!!! I have listened to them in good times and in bad horrible times, they are like an old comfy pair of jeans or a best friend you turn to in times of need, and I don't know about you, but I never turn my back of my friends, even when they dissapoint me!!!!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-08-2003, 10:08 PM   #27
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: fart like us
Speak for yourself, Jen.

Old 01-08-2003, 10:21 PM   #28
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by TeriB19
Speak for yourself, Jen.

Beans beans good for your heart!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-08-2003, 10:26 PM   #29
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
For all of you who were wondering, Jen is on the left, that's me on the right!

Old 01-08-2003, 11:23 PM   #30
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Y'all crack me up!