++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-07-2003, 04:18 PM   #1
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Trying to return to normal life...

It's been a week since NYE concert and there's that letdown feeling now, after such an incredible concert high for a few days after the show! It's been really hard trying to get back into life as usual - is this normal? Will I ever recover (LOL) ? I feel like all I ever want to do is listen to Creed CD's, watch my videos of Alcatraz and the Billboard Music Award performance. How will I ever last until I can see them live again?? Well, I guess I'll go listen to another Creed CD.... man, I've got it bad, LOL.......

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 01-07-2003, 04:25 PM   #2
creedfan2334
USER INFO »
i knowwhat will bring you back down to normal...

go look at pictures from the Chicago show
Old 01-07-2003, 04:28 PM   #3
Sheila63
USER INFO »
I know, Kim V. I feel the same way!! I can't believe it's been a week since the concert already!!! I'm anxious for the concert DVD to come out and relive some of those concert memories although I've been watching my Alcatraz tape too!! Due to lack of sleep after the show last week and doing extra time at work late last week, I've caught a nasty cold but I'm not complaining. It was totally worth it and I can't wait for the next concert!!!

Relearn Love
Old 01-07-2003, 04:34 PM   #4
ronda
USER INFO »
Kim,
Glad you had such a great experience at the concert. I went to the show in Chicago and well,,, I dont need to revisit that road.
I had saw them in Chicago earlier and the show was incredible. I had the great feelings. I think that I had put too much weight on the people in the band, conected it too closely with the words and meanings of the songs.
It is just today that I am able to listen to the CD without being saddened.
Good luck with coming off your high.
I am glad I went to the Chicago show, it helped me see the band as people. People without super human powers and without giving them more meaning than they are due. Enjoy the music , but be careful not to become an obcessed fan. lol lol To be truthful I was at one time. Now just a fan of the music. the members of the band are well,,, just they are just people..
Old 01-07-2003, 04:36 PM   #5
ronda
USER INFO »
Creed fan 2334 ,,,,, You are right. there.. seeing the pic's of Chicago will bring her down. But why rain on the parade??? LOL LOL
Old 01-07-2003, 04:54 PM   #6
JenRN
USER INFO »
It took me a LONG time to come off my Creed concert high this past year, 4 times I went, and everytime was more intense for me.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-07-2003, 06:47 PM   #7
hotforscott
USER INFO »
The concert high is great. I remember after the 9-22 show here in town, there were people just standing at their cars just screaming with excitement. It was totally awesome. I love that feeling.
Old 01-07-2003, 08:46 PM   #8
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
After the NYE show I was just numb. Dogstar and I just stood at my car drinking some water and marveling at what we had just been witness to. It was just the most amazing experience, and now, a week later, I am still on a Creed High. I don't want to come down, ever.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-08-2003, 03:06 AM   #9
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
The highs always last for quite a while for me. It was two weeks after the first time that I saw them that I finally came down, LOL. It's been a week, and I'm still reliving moments from the show and listening to all my CDs every day. WAWO is making me cry every time I hear it now, after seeing the emotion pour out of Scott while he tried to sing that song through tears. I have to say that I was physically and emotionally exhausted after the New Year's Eve show. I don't want to come down, either. I'm wearing my Creed t-shirt today, too .
Old 01-08-2003, 01:39 PM   #10
Sheila63
USER INFO »
I know what you mean, Dogstar. Whenever I listen to WAWO now, I'm right there at the NYE show watching him show all that emotion. It was a very powerful, moving thing to see and experience. He shared more of himself that night than I've ever seen any other singer/musician share at any other concert I've been to.

Relearn Love
Old 01-08-2003, 01:59 PM   #11
ronda
USER INFO »
Yep, I was like that my first Creed show too. After listening to the CD"s for months I finally got to see them in person last Febuary. Then again in Chicago the 29th. The show can be a very moving experience.
You people are putting yourselves into the music and the band way too much. They are people not some magical band that gives you feelings. I saw ole Scott all screwed up and realize that he is just a guy. THe <<<SHOW>>>>> he puts on is a <<show>>. Like actors on TV . He is paid to perform , it sells cd's and that makes him<<<<< MONEY>>>>>>
I used to believe he was all about this deep spiritual meaning, but after the show in Chicago , eyes wide open now. It is not for fans, it is for money people. If you were in Chicago and saw Scott you could tell he has this attitude that he is really the center of the world. He knows he is good looking and knows women adore him, he loves it ,, cuz again, it makes him MONEY>
I still think the music is wonderful they are a great band. Just dont see the magic in it anymore.
Old 01-08-2003, 02:04 PM   #12
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Ditto! Every time I hear WAWO it takes me right back to NYE; I didn't think he was going to get through that song without breaking down altogether. There were even some points he must have had a hard time because he pointed the mic out to the crowd so we could sing parts for him. His little boy must mean the world to him for him to get so emotional. But then again he was being so open and up front with us that whole night. No one has the ability to do that to a crowd like he Scott does. PEACE

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 01-08-2003, 02:42 PM   #13
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by ronda
You people are putting yourselves into the music and the band way too much. They are people not some magical band that gives you feelings. I saw ole Scott all screwed up and realize that he is just a guy. THe <<<SHOW>>>>> he puts on is a <<show>>. Like actors on TV . He is paid to perform , it sells cd's and that makes him<<<<< MONEY>>>>>> &nbsp;
I used to believe he was all about this deep spiritual meaning, but after the show in Chicago , eyes wide open now. &nbsp;

Well, for the record, I have never been naive enough to think that they don't do it for the money. It's how they make a living, DUH! I'm sorry that Scott has fallen from the pedestal that you seemed to have put him on, but I have never put Creed there. I adore music. I need music like I need air to breathe and for me, experiencing it live was indeed magical. I've seen them four times and each time I got a different experience, all really wonderful. I'm sorry Chicago was such a letdown and huge disappointment, but you should have realized a lot sooner that they are just people who are lucky enough to make a lot of money doing what they love.
Old 01-08-2003, 02:52 PM   #14
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Ronda, who are you to decide what WE feel about the music? Post YOUR OWN comments all day long if you like, but please don't put words in people's mouths. I saw the show in Chicago and it was my 3rd and I still think the shows are a wonderful experience. I will be at every show within 4 hours of me, next tour. I am able to get past the Chicago experience, if you are so warped that you think less of them as people because of it, maybe you should get past the Chicago show, too.
Old 01-08-2003, 03:26 PM   #15
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Amen, hotforscott.