++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2004, 07:13 PM   #16
Bridge of Clay
Bridge of Clay's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Tree of Wisdom
Posts: 8,025
Joined: Sep 2002
Currently: Offline
Mark was diplomatic, if I reckon correctly. Stapp also is. Althought they haven't called each other for over 6 months now, I don't foresee any bashing.

It's a completely different thing from GnR and Velvet Revolver. Axl was a jerk as well... The thing is when GnR split up, both Slash and Axl were sinking into drugs, Duff became stage fright and Izzy... well, I don't have a clue about him. They never kept the same drummer anyway...

But today we got Velvet and Axl made 4 different new formations from Guns since 1993 and we still didn't get Chinese Democracy that was supposed to be released in 1997!

Translating: you can't compare to Creed.
__________________
.:: "If people don't like guitar solos... then they're frikkin' stupid!" - Mark Tremonti ::.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 07:30 PM   #17
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Status: Naked Toddler
Posts: 204
Joined: Nov 2003
Currently: Offline
Quote: I believe you know exactly who I'm talking about.


It was a simple and straight forward question. It has nothing to do with me.

Last edited by RockGoddess : 05-21-2004 at 07:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 09:00 PM   #18
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Posts: 328
Joined: Mar 2003
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via Yahoo to Jooji_2
Quote: (Originally Posted by RockGoddess) It was a simple and straight forward question. It has nothing to do with me.

Well....all I can say is that what I've heard is sworn to be the truth by the very people who heard it. So if its the truth.....some people aren't all that diplomatic....even when its a friend. I guess some people respect the institution of friendship and others don't.

I prefer to think that friendships are not that easily forgotten. I really do hope I'm right.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 09:00 PM   #19
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Status: Rising Sun
Posts: 3,979
Joined: Mar 2004
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to aussiecreeder
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) I've read all the "he said it to a friend of a friend who was at some place and told somebody else's cousin who overheard the guy next to him" crap.....I believe you know exactly who I'm talking about. I'm not aware that Phillips, Marshall, or Kennedy have made any statements about the situation.

And of course Stapp has been nothing but gracious when talking about the circumstances and the other members.....whether it be spin or not.

there are those who were at that infamous meet and greet who have said what mark said but you are right none of alter bridge's band members has said anything on the public record.
__________________
She never told a lie,
Well, might of told a lie.
But never lived one.
Didnít have a life.
Didnít have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now itís time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 09:11 PM   #20
Gabriel
Mark's Brother
USER INFO »
Status: Misconception
Posts: 92
Joined: Nov 2003
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) The one thing I know for sure is that you will never hear Scott publicly utter any negative words about or to his bandmates.

Actually, you are quite wrong on that Shadow. Scott has made many disparaging remarks publicly about his bandmates. I'm not talking about in the media( as far as I know no one from Creed has made negative comments about each other in the media) but to the public including fans, friends and music industry people as well as other artists. Just because you haven't heard about it in print somewhere or on a message board does not mean it has not happened.

Michael
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 09:21 PM   #21
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Status: Rising Sun
Posts: 3,979
Joined: Mar 2004
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to aussiecreeder
Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) Actually, you are quite wrong on that Shadow. Scott has made many disparaging remarks publicly about his bandmates. I'm not talking about in the media( as far as I know no one from Creed has made negative comments about each other in the media) but to the public including fans, friends and music industry people as well as other artists. Just because you haven't heard about it in print somewhere or on a message board does not mean it has not happened.

Michael

ummm this is not good at all, the last thing i want is any type of public spat that would be very ugly indeed.
__________________
She never told a lie,
Well, might of told a lie.
But never lived one.
Didnít have a life.
Didnít have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now itís time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 09:22 PM   #22
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Status: Naked Toddler
Posts: 204
Joined: Nov 2003
Currently: Offline
Quote: there are those who were at that infamous meet and greet who have said what mark said


Now you would be talking about me. And what was it that Mark said that was un-diplomatic, as quoted by me?

I hate to see people pitting Stapp against Tremonti with "he said/he said". And I don't understand why some people are hanging onto a conversation that took place seven months ago that they were not even privy to.

Let it go. Wish them all well. Buy their cds. Don't by any. Whatever. But my god, move on. Because the boys from Creed certainly have. And I wish them ALL the very best in their newest endeavors.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 09:25 PM   #23
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Status: Rising Sun
Posts: 3,979
Joined: Mar 2004
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to aussiecreeder
Michael is there not a tedious situation where you can state this (i've got no reason to doubt what you are saying is accurate) where Scott doesn't have the chance to defend himself here via one of his contacts or say hey these guys did the same thing as well?
__________________
She never told a lie,
Well, might of told a lie.
But never lived one.
Didnít have a life.
Didnít have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now itís time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 09:28 PM   #24
JulieCitySlicker
JulieCitySlicker's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Taken Higher
Posts: 16,735
Joined: Oct 2002
Currently: Offline
Somehow I am not surprised about Scott saying stuff about the other guys, not sure why but I'm not.
__________________
Oh
I'm a wandering soul
I'm still walking the line that leads me home
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own


Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 09:32 PM   #25
Trees of Wisdom
Trees of Wisdom's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Wound Up
Posts: 1,107
Joined: Mar 2004
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by JulieLovesCreed) Somehow I am not surprised about Scott saying stuff about the other guys, not sure why but I'm not.

Scott Stapp's an ass. That's why. He has an ego the size of freaking Texas. Now that the band has given him the boot, he'll finally be more grateful that he had great backing musicians.
__________________
"It's all about the super jackpot."
-Mark Tremonti
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 09:42 PM   #26
Gabriel
Mark's Brother
USER INFO »
Status: Misconception
Posts: 92
Joined: Nov 2003
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) Michael is there not a tedious situation where you can state this (i've got no reason to doubt what you are saying is accurate) where Scott doesn't have the chance to defend himself here via one of his contacts or say hey these guys did the same thing as well?

I'm not saying the other guys have not done it. I mean, Marks convo at the meet and greet ended up on a bulliten board so you all know what was said. I'm just saying that the knife cuts both ways.

Michael
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 10:02 PM   #27
JulieCitySlicker
JulieCitySlicker's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Taken Higher
Posts: 16,735
Joined: Oct 2002
Currently: Offline
Behind the scenes of Creed is probably like that part in Liar Liar where Jim Carrey is in the meeting and he starts bashin everybody,hehehe!

j/k
__________________
Oh
I'm a wandering soul
I'm still walking the line that leads me home
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own


Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 10:12 PM   #28
Shadow
Shadow's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Strong Inside
Posts: 1,545
Joined: Feb 2004
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Shadow
Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) Actually, you are quite wrong on that Shadow. Scott has made many disparaging remarks publicly about his bandmates. I'm not talking about in the media( as far as I know no one from Creed has made negative comments about each other in the media) but to the public including fans, friends and music industry people as well as other artists. Just because you haven't heard about it in print somewhere or on a message board does not mean it has not happened.

Michael
I guess you would know (I'm not being sarcastic). Being Mark's brother you are/were close to Scott. However, are you saying this because you have heard it first hand? I only know what comes out in the media, be it in print or him personally in an interview. I'm sorry, but I haven't heard anything negative from him.

The whole situation really is sad. Maybe not from your point because Mark is your brother. But from the fans point - it stinks. Scott and Mark wrote amazing songs together and I do feel bad that Creed is done. Even my kids who are 5 and 3 love the music. Just tonight I had to keep replaying BC version of One in the car just so they could sing it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 10:14 PM   #29
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Status: INK'ed
Posts: 770
Joined: Dec 2002
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Kim V.
Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) Actually, you are quite wrong on that Shadow. Scott has made many disparaging remarks publicly about his bandmates. I'm not talking about in the media( as far as I know no one from Creed has made negative comments about each other in the media) but to the public including fans, friends and music industry people as well as other artists. Just because you haven't heard about it in print somewhere or on a message board does not mean it has not happened.

Michael

With all due respect, I'd like to add my two cents, for whatever it's worth. To me, the above is still more he said this, he said that, only it's probably people who don't like Stapp saying that he made disparaging remarks about his bandmates. There are plenty of people out there who didn't appreciate the magic Tremonti and Stapp made musically, and the friendship/brotherhood they shared, and some were probably jealous/envious enough to the point where they would have liked nothing more than to see that all come to an end. Of course they wouldn't say those things in the media, because it can all be very secretive. It's called backbiting, and that way no one can get caught spreading the rumors. Just my thoughts on the subject.
__________________
PEACE TO ALL.... AND GOD BLESS

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 10:20 PM   #30
Trees of Wisdom
Trees of Wisdom's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Wound Up
Posts: 1,107
Joined: Mar 2004
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) I guess you would know (I'm not being sarcastic). Being Mark's brother you are/were close to Scott. However, are you saying this because you have heard it first hand? I only know what comes out in the media, be it in print or him personally in an interview. I'm sorry, but I haven't heard anything negative from him.

The whole situation really is sad. Maybe not from your point because Mark is your brother. But from the fans point - it stinks. Scott and Mark wrote amazing songs together and I do feel bad that Creed is done. Even my kids who are 5 and 3 love the music. Just tonight I had to keep replaying BC version of One in the car just so they could sing it.

Well, tell Scott Stapp to stop being an ass then we still could have had Creed.
__________________
"It's all about the super jackpot."
-Mark Tremonti
Reply With Quote
Post Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2004 Steve Caponetto. All Rights Reserved.