++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 07-22-2007, 09:36 AM   #1726
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

July 22nd

"There is no other name under heaven that can save us ( Acts 4:12 )."

We are to confess Jesus before others, and when we do we are assured that he confesses us before the Father in heaven. We may not know all the theological import behind those words after all, Peter didn't at the time, but we can make a commitment to know him and follow him until we do.

"What about you?" Jesus asked. "Who do you say that I am?" Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."

Matthew 16:15-16

Heaven

Old 07-22-2007, 11:01 AM   #1727
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »
Morning

hope yours is off to a perky start GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY lets back that up to 13, unto peters confession of FAITH, AS TO GOD HIS FATHER AND CREATOR Our Precious LORD AND SAVIOUR Took The Blood And The Gifts Of Many Prophets WHO CAME BEFORE THE NAZARINE GLORY TO GOD BUT NOT ONE EXCEPT FOR THE NAME THATS ABOVE ALL NAMES JESUS AND EVERY KNEE SHALL BAWL AND EVERY TOUNGE CONFESS THAT JESUS CHRIST IS KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS, THERE WAS NO OTHER BEFORE OR AFTER HIM NOBODY COULD FUFILL THE SHOES HE WALKED IN NOR GET CLOSE, TO THE WALK HE ENDURED AND SUFFERED, AND THESE PRPOHETS WE LEARN FROM AND WRITE THEIR TESTIMONIES UPON HEARTS BUT NONE OF THEME CAN SAVE YOU GLORY ONLY JESUS SAVES MY FRIEND now when jesus came into the coast of caesarea philippi he asked his disiples saying whom do men say that i the son of man am ? and they said some say that thou art john the babtist some elias and others jeremias or one of the prophets. he saith unto theme but whom say ye that i,am and simon said peter anwsered and said thou art the christ the son of the living God blessed art thou simom for flesh and blood hath not revealed it UNTO THEE but my father which is heaven and i say also unto thee that thou art peter and upon this rock i will bulid my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it and i will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven,
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 07-23-2007, 06:24 AM   #1728
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

July 23rd

"Love the unloved."

Jesus' love for children, in an age when they weren't highly regarded, is a powerful reminder of God's love for the worlds often abused or abandons. We are called to love the unloved, the forgotten, the abused and neglected. Why? Because that is what Israel was in Egypt and that is what Jesus was at Calvary and that is what we were without grace ( Romans 5:6-11 ). How can we claim to know salvation and not share it with others who need that grace!?

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Matthew 19:14

Heaven

Old 07-24-2007, 06:27 AM   #1729
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

July 24th

"Generosity."

gen·er·os·i·ty

–noun, plural -ties.

jen-uh-ros-i-tee

Generosity is love expressed in practical ways with joy. Generosity and justice needed in our selfish world. They come from a heart touched by grace.

Good will come to him who is generous and lends freely, who conducts his affairs with justice.

Psalm 112:5

Heaven

Old 07-25-2007, 06:30 AM   #1730
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

July 25th

"Obedience."

Obedience is faith put into practice. Without action, our faith is not real, James 2 reminds us. So without arguing, let's quickly obey, even when we don't fully understand why, because we've seen God's love demonstrated to us in Jesus and we've seen the protection that his will has for us when we obey him.

I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands.

Psalm 119:60

Heaven

Old 07-26-2007, 06:06 AM   #1731
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

July 26th

"Prayer brings us to His presence."

Psalm 118 pictures a victorious yet battle-weary king at the helm of a throng of grateful people entering the gates of the temple to thank God for saving them. During those times the temple represented God's presence, the place where followers would go to pray to the Lord. Today, we enter into God's presence in a car, at work, or in the aisles of a grocery store, wherever we take time to pray to him. We can be sure God hears our prayers and answers each one wherever and whenever they are uttered. And by doing so, he gives us even more reasons to pray.

Just like the victorious king in this psalm, we should enter God's presence by thanking him for answering prayers.

Open for me the gates where the righteous enter; and I will go in and thank the Lord. Those gates lead to the presence of the Lord, and the godly enter there. I thank you for answering my prayer and saving me!

Psalm 118:19-21

The Lord is close to all who call on him, yes, to all who call on him sincerely.

Psalm 145:18

Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come fearlessly into God's presence, assured of his glad welcome.

Ephesians 3:12

Heaven

Old 07-27-2007, 06:09 AM   #1732
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

July 27th

"Dabbling in sin?"

Like the great heroes of the Bible, both big and small, we can do God's work with confidence. But to boldly go where he wants us to go, we must first be willing to let go of the sins (big and small) that entangles our lives, distort our vision, and rob us of spiritual vitality and stamina.

Since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

Hebrews 12:1

Heaven

Old 07-28-2007, 06:26 AM   #1733
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

July 28th

"The Christian Walk."

The way to walk a tightrope is to keep one's sight on the goal, not on the ground or what is behind. The way to walk with Jesus is to keep our eyes on the goal, his victory waiting for us when he returns, not on the ground (our failures) and not what is behind (our accomplishments). The goal of the Christian walk is to keep walking toward Jesus until we walk with him in heaven.

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:14

Heaven

Old 07-29-2007, 10:47 AM   #1734
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

July 29th

"Accepting advice."

The degree to which people will listen is determined by the degree to which we have wise counsel for them. If you want people to listen to you, you yourself must listen to the right adviser. Like Samuel, listen to the Lord's counsel, read his Word and hear what he says. There is no wiser counselor than he who knows every moment of every tomorrow and knows how you will fit into those moments.

My child, listen to me and treasure my instructions. Tune your ears to wisdom, and concentrate on understanding. Cry out for insight and understanding. Search for them as you would for lost money or hidden treasure. Then you will understand what it means to fear the Lord, and you will gain knowledge of God. For the Lord grants wisdom! From his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He grants a treasure of good sense to the godly. He is their shield, protecting those who walk with integrity.

Proverbs 2:1-7

Heaven

Old 07-30-2007, 06:40 AM   #1735
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

July 30th

"That's okay... I am neutral?"

Our life can not be neutral. We will either point others away from God or show them that allegiance to God is important. Let's make an extra effort today to shine the light of God's holiness and grace in all we do and say.

[Jesus said] “You are the light of the world. Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.”

Matthew 5:14-16

Heaven

Old 07-31-2007, 06:10 AM   #1736
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

July 31st

"God speaks to all of us."

As our Good Shepherd, Jesus promises that we can hear and know His voice. This does not, however, have to be some mysterious, mystical process. In fact, you may be surprised to learn that God speaks to you quite often. I would venture to say He has spoken to you lately and may be speaking to you right now in some way.

God speaks to us through His Word. God will never lead us contrary to His written Word. It is our litmus test, our bedrock, our absolute.

God speaks to us through circumstances. Those circumstances can include failure. Jonah certainly heard God through his mistake. God may even speak to us through tragedy or hardship. C. S. Lewis wrote that, "God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains. It is His megaphone to arouse a deaf world."

God speaks to us through His peace. When we live in God's will, we enjoy His peace. Do you need God to make a crucial call in your life? Then listen for His peace.

And once we have heard God's voice, what should we do? We must follow. Jesus calls, we respond. He whispers, we move. We follow, and then we keep on listening.

"My sheep recognize my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish."

John 10:27-28

Heaven

Old 08-01-2007, 06:26 AM   #1737
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 1st

"Reflect His graciousness."

We are pushed by our culture, and often by our own greed, to look for an angle, to get the upper hand, to try to use others for our own benefit. We are reminded today that our benefit is only found when we benefit and bless others.

Good will come to him who is generous and lends freely, who conducts his affairs with justice.

Psalm 112:5

Heaven

Old 08-02-2007, 06:37 AM   #1738
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 2nd

"True?"

What we know and even what we believe are not that significant if they don't show up in the way we live. Pure and simple, faith not lived everyday is not faith, it is facade.

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

James 1:22

Heaven

Old 08-03-2007, 06:23 AM   #1739
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 3rd

"Judge and jury."

Have you ever wondered how many friends you may have lost simply by judging them on their first appearance or impression? I'm amazed at how the first impression very seldom tells us much of substance about another. We're not really going to be able to evaluate people properly until the Lord reveals at judgment what is really in their heart.

The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.

1 Samuel 16:7

Heaven

Old 08-04-2007, 06:31 AM   #1740
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

August 4th

"Call Me."

In a universe of billions of stars, think of the power of the God who made them and knows each of their names. Think of all he knows that we don't. Think of all he has seen that is not in a history book. Think of all he has done and can do. Add to this that he invites us to speak to him about the things of our heart.

This is what the Lord says, he who made the earth, the Lord who formed it and established it - the Lord is his name: Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.

Jeremiah 33:2-3

Heaven