++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-28-2003, 01:58 PM   #16
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
You aid it Aimee
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 08-28-2003, 04:21 PM   #17
GtrPlyr813
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Aimee
Oh why don't you just go away and stop trying to rain on this parade. You have come onto a Creed fan's website and given nothing but your opinions, which just happen to sound like a non-creed fan's words. Go watch football or something and then come back when you have something more positive to say.

I'm not raining on any parade. I hope they come back. The non-creed fan sounding part is because I'm a MOP HC fan. I just wish they would do songs like those. Not being so damn happy sounding all the time. Everybody remembers rock stars. pop stars fade out with what's "pop"ular. Better stop before I get off topic.
Old 08-28-2003, 05:17 PM   #18
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Aimee
Oh why don't you just go away and stop trying to rain on this parade. You have come onto a Creed fan's website and given nothing but your opinions, which just happen to sound like a non-creed fan's words. Go watch football or something and then come back when you have something more positive to say.

Right on Amy!!!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 08-28-2003, 05:26 PM   #19
marlsy
USER INFO »
come on now girls, don't be mean to a newbie!! He or She is just stating an opinion!! Yeah Yeah, might be a Wrong one but hey, it's his or hers!
Old 08-28-2003, 05:37 PM   #20
JenRN
USER INFO »
I don't think we were being mean.... I guess we are on "troll alert" is all.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 08-28-2003, 07:49 PM   #21
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Rain
I do not think Creed is over...and I love the song Dont stop dancing. And yes maybe they did need a break from everything, but that doesnt mean they are over..my opinion

I agree.

Relearn Love
Old 08-28-2003, 09:16 PM   #22
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Creed's not over; they just needed a well-deserved break after their hellish year of 2002! After everything they (especially Stapp and Mark) endured last year, who can blame them? Yeah, I'm definitely craving something new from them, but I'm willing to wait until they're well-rested and ready to rock our world again, however long that may be!! (Just hope it's not TOO long) LOL
ROCK ON CREED!

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 08-28-2003, 09:44 PM   #23
CreedKevin397
USER INFO »
I know all of you are thinking that Creed isn't done, and I'm also 99% sure they aren't. However, I can definately see where GtrPlyr813 is coming from, and I'd like to expand on it. Creed's next album is make or break if you ask me. For every one of us Creed fans, there are 5 people who absolutely hate Creed. I know your saying 'Well that doesn't matter, people are jealous, etc...'. But realistically, it does matter. If not many people like Creed, and they are nothing but a joke to the media, then they aren't gonna sell and succeed. How can you be taken seriously with the kind of music they put out on the radio? Remember, we live in the ADD generation. No one is gonna take the time to see if Creed is good or not, they judge by what they hear on the radio. Creed has done an absolutely horrible job of putting out singles. Weathered should have been the lead single with a video and everything, not My Sacrifice, which annoys the fuck out of me because it was only cool for about a week. Their songwriting has definately gone downhill if you ask me. They can't be pop stars, they need to be rock stars. Weathered was way too commercial and if the next album is headed in that direction, fuck Creed. They're gonna lose me as a fan and i'm sure many others. My Own Prison was a very promising album, and if they just kept going in that direction as their musical talent grew, they probably would be the next Zeppelin. I can totally see that happening. However, they think too much about how their music can fit in with what's popular. Do any of you ever wonder why people call them a rip off? They are just trying to fit in with what is gonna sell right now. They need to think long term, and stick with My Own Prison-type songs. After MOP, I think the only songs I really like are Faceless Man and Weathered. Out of 22 additional songs, I only like 2. Sad, huh? Creed is definately slipping. I sure hope Stapp is working on making this next album a rock masterpiece and not some fucking pop record.
Old 08-28-2003, 09:58 PM   #24
JenRN
USER INFO »
Kevin I see your point BUT man you sound angry!!!! I agree on the MOP point, it is my favorite out the the three as well. I like them in the order they came out. Human Clay is so deep I love that CD as much as MOP. I love Weathered too but honestly I agree it is a little more catered to the "pop" scene. Weathered is my favorite song on the CD as well as WGMB they are deep songs and I love them. My Sacrifice is good and a great hit. I think they need to focus on what they want to do musically and lyric wise and the hell with the critics and trends. I know that musicians need to "keep in mind" what is out there but they should not focus on it. Creed I know has some management "issues" and you have to remember that a lot of the "issues" stems back to that as well! I do agree about the point that this next CD will either make or break them, and I think this is why it is taking so long. I hope they got the needed break and are going to write a kick ass CD, I am ready for it for certain! Creed's heaviest music is my favorite by far. Anyone can write a pop song with good lyrics but a intense rock song with kick ass guitar riffs and incredible lyrics is what drew my into CREED was back in 1997.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 08-28-2003, 10:48 PM   #25
CreedKevin397
USER INFO »
I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound angry. I swear a lot, lol. Sometimes it just frustrates me because Stapp has a gift. Creed is by the far the best live band I've ever seen. Stapp has an ability to reach out and touch thousands of people at once. That's why it's frustrating to see them write songs that can't compare to their earlier material.

Something that I think Creed needs to change is the whole happiness thing. I guess it's nice to see that in a band, but this is what I think. If you write songs about how hard life is, or the darker side of life, then people will relate to it more. There are by far more people who are depressed and upset than there are enlightened thinkers. Does anyone ever notice that difference? MOP's lyrics were not as hopeful as Weathered, and people can relate to that better. I know that the ability to write 'darker' songs is within Stapp, because I know he feels a lot of anger after this past year with his ex-wife and everything. It's great that Creed promotes a positive message, but I think one of the best ways to do that is write songs when your pissed off. People can relate to it, and it makes them feel less alone. Get it? I hope this album is harder and darker.
Old 08-29-2003, 12:41 AM   #26
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
I agree with you Kevin, but i think Creed reached their songwriting zenith at Human Clay, and Weathered, although it had some good lyrics and giutar parts, was lacking heavily when compared to HC and MOP.I hope this next album is darker too, b/c i like their darker stuff more than anything else. i think this album will determine whether Creed will remain my favorite band. but ya never know
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 08-29-2003, 05:16 AM   #27
tremonti.net
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by marlsy
come on now girls, don't be mean to a newbie!!  He or She is  just stating an opinion!!  Yeah Yeah, might be a Wrong one but hey, it's his or hers!

An opinion is an opinion...there is no right or wrong opinion.

And GtrPlyr813, I agree with you. I'm a MOP - HC fan.
________
Vaporite solo
________
Qr50

Last edited by tremonti.net : 04-06-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 08-29-2003, 08:50 AM   #28
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
Hi guys! Haven't posted in a long time. I've been having withdrawals. With those, I've watched old and new videos I have of Creed. I got my hands on the concert last year in November at the college. That was the concert that made me nervous to see them in Chicago. It was what everyone said it was. It was very disheartening for me to watch. When they first came on, I wasn't sure it was even them, Scott sounded so bad. It was shortly before when he started the steriods and puffed up. He was telling the crowd to *&(%ing stand up and swearing at them like I've never seen him do before. And then I remember Chicago...no more said on that.
I turned to the "old" Creed interviews from 2000 and before, and it was so inspiring that it made it worse for me. It does scare me to think of the possibility of Creed breaking up. As much as I hate that thought, (I'd probably die!), I've thought about it lately too. Mark has talent, and in the beginning when Scott met Hillarie (before she went psycho), he and Mark were talking about how they couldn't perform after doing shots anymore because they knew they sucked when they did. Then you see how serious Mark is about his music, and I think of how he and Flip must feel about this lawsuit. They were awesome that night in covering for Scott (in Chicago)! I hope it isn't enough to push them over the edge. Where is any news on them though, Scott I should say? I've looked. Last I heard was about Hawaii. Is he tucked away, possibly rehab? Don't everyone kill me for saying that, just a thought.
But with that all said, I really hope and pray that they make it through this, and HC was so good because of where they were in their lives at that time...dirt poor. Times were tough, not like during Weathered. I liked Weathered by the way. DSD is one of my favorites. Hopefully, with tough times from last year, they will pull through stronger and write kick-a$$ material!
Old 08-29-2003, 09:37 AM   #29
whocares
Banned
USER INFO »
Im sure everyones taste in music changes over the years. Why should stapps songwriting abilities be any different...its called evolving through music...If everything sounded the same it would get old fast...
Old 08-29-2003, 10:00 AM   #30
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. You can't please all of the people all of the time. You'd go out of your mind if you tried. They'll come out with what they come out with and as long as there's no rap or twanging country crap, I'm sure it'll be just fine.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.